5.0 out of 5 stars Mephistos are comfortable
Published on January 23, 2010 by pnc

3.0 out of 5 stars The shoe is fine, but be careful with the size chart
The shoe is very well made. Expensive, but very well made. But, I bought two other Mephisto shoes of the same size ordered that fit perfectly; this one came much larger than the others of the same size. It is much, much wider than the normal fit. If I can't find a friend with the same size foot it will be useless. Take care.
Published 1 month ago by Eduardo Sampaio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mephistos are comfortable, January 23, 2010
pnc (Pound Ridge, NY United States) - See all my reviews
My feet are wide, relatively flat, and I require a soft shoe to be comfortable. This is my second pair of these specific shoes; the first lasted several years of almost daily wear, through a resoling, and are still worn when scuffs are not important. The price of Mephisto shoes always causes a sharp intake of breath but then you slip them on and the comfort is suddenly worth every penny of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great shoes!, December 30, 2011
I love Mephisto shoes - and these are no exception - comfortable right out of the box. They do run large, like the description says, so go at least a half size smaller. These shoes are a nice hydrid - casual enough for wearing around town in jeans, but dressy enough to wear with a jacket and tie to dinner. Love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERSATILE STYLISH $CONFORTABLE, April 24, 2011
Steve (United States) - See all my reviews
I teach all day and Im on my feet these shoes go well with tan pants or blue jeans. With out changing on the way home I can stop in at the local golf club for a meeting and still have the same "smart" look while being casual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior Comfort, February 11, 2013
Jam-i (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
These may seem pricey -but the quallity is first rate and the comfort is too. I've gone around the world six times with these on, and these are great looking and super comfortable too. Great style that doesn't look "earth shoe'ish" but modern classic penny-style loafter ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Casual Shoe, August 25, 2014
David Johnson (Carmel, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
Most comfortable casual/dress shoe I have ever found. I can't explain why they are so damn comfortable they just are. I have been wearing Cap Verts for years and pretty much only these. There is one other slipper type shoe they sell that I have and also like but I only use it to go out to dinner and such because although they are even more comfortable but offer less support. These I wear to work every day (office) and will last you many years. I have 4 pair. Two black one of each of the other two colors. I think I get about 8 years out of a pair. Think about the math the next time you buy a pair of mediocre shoes that may last two years before the sole or shoe is coming apart. More comfort. More value. Everyone is different but If you try them on at a shoe store and they feel really comfortable you can bet you will have the same experience as the rest of the Mephisto fans on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mephisto's are the best feeling shoes right out of the box., April 21, 2014
This is my second pair of Cap Vert slip-on's. Made a mistake on the first set as they are at least a 1/2 a size larger than my normal size shoes. This was a bit of problem with the first pair, but because I opted for a half size smaller the new shoes fit like a glove. Although Mephisto's are on the pricey side, the comfort and wear make up for the price. I also like that I can send them back for refurbishment.

Great casual shoe that can be worn for hours on end in great comfort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs very large, February 8, 2014
Bill Moore (Cincinnati, ohio United States) - See all my reviews
Either my feet are getting smaller or a well made shoe fits differently. Well made, but very over-priced in my view.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, comfort, comfort, December 12, 2013
I wear these at work and they are really comfortable. I cut the tag off though so it would look more like a dress shoe versus casual.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far total satisfaction, October 24, 2013
took a chance on mephisto even though i had never tried them on. they are very comfortable and they have a good business/casual look. obviously not a suit shoe but trousers and dress shirt are good with these. they do feel a tad on the larger/wider side. i will look for a slightly thicker sock. quality definitely seems to be there. I have only had these for about 3 weeks. will update later if anything worth posting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worn to death!, August 18, 2013
Willa Riggs (CT, United States) - See all my reviews
My husband loves these shoes and every pair he purchases he wears and wears until they look very old and tired. So, I bought him a replacement pair which he carefully put away in his closet and takes out for special occasions and still wears his old pair every day.

They are so well-made and such a classic style. Worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

MEPHISTO Men's Cap Vert Slip-On Penny Loafer (Rust Smooth 10.0 M)
$329.00 $328.95
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.