Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on May 10, 2014
We bought this to try to get rid of recurring staph infection on our 1 1/2 year old grandson. He was on his third infection and about to start his third round of antibiotics. We were very concerned because we knew that antibiotics kill both good and the bad bacteria and eventually the infections will stop responding to the antibiotics plus that much medicine into a little boy's system can't be good. We read about this honey's ability to get rid ig staph infections on the web and then here on the reviews so we decided to try it. We started applying the honey on the spot on Monday and by Tuesday we could see improvement and on Saturday the spot is almost completely gone. The antibiotics are on my kitchen counter still unopened and. We are thrilled that we have found a natural way to fight this infection. Praise Yahweh for the creation of the manuka tree and the bees that use it to make this healing honey.
on September 11, 2013
I had been having many GI issues for the past year and a half. I had seen three GI specialists and have had every test imaginable to find the cause of my issues which included, at times, severe bloating, constipation, stomach pain, diarrhea and cramps. My quality of life was miserable as I didn't know how bad my symptoms would be on a particular day. I tried probiotics. Protein Pump Inhibitors, enzymes, anti-acids and even aloe juice. Nothing helped until I was turned on to the power of Manuka Honey. After researching it, and frankly being at my wits end, I ordered a jar. Within 48 hours of taking the first teaspoon, I noticed an improvement, within a week I no longer had the stomach cramps and diarrhea and within 3 weeks I am back to being regular. I take a teaspoon every morning.
55 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2013
Love this product for many many medical and healing properties. This is the highest rating of MGO I have found and the higher MGO the higher the healing properties it contains.
on May 4, 2012
My husband had MRSA on his back, a big open wound. Application of this product brought amazing results. Thank you for a high quality product that really works!
on May 17, 2013
I have been a long time fan of manuka honey but this last winter it was put to the test. My college age son kept coming down with sore throats and colds so I shipped this to him and he swears it kept him healthy while everyone else around him was getting sick. I take a generous teaspoonful if I ever feel I am coming down with anything and I rarely have a cold or flu.
on September 9, 2010
I love Manuka Honey and use it for many purposes. I was on vacation last week and forgot to bring my jar of ApiHealth Active Manuka Honey with me. So I went onto Amazon from my iPhone and found one that I could have shipped quickly on my Amazon Prime account - which was the "Manuka Health New Zealand Active MGO 550+". The price at $55 is the going rate (albeit expensive) so I didn't give that a thought when I ordered it....but...what I didn't notice is that it's only 250 grams and the high quality active Manuka honey for which the going rate is $55 is for 500 grams!!! So, for a product that is already too expensive, they're selling HALF THE SIZE for the same price, making it OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE. In addition, when I got home, I checked on the AMHA (Active Manuka Honey Assoc) web site and Manuka Health New Zealand is not a licensee. Nor do they use the UMF standard, therefore, there is no way to verify the quality or the true Activity Level of the Manuka Honey in the jar.

It tastes fine but it does not have the delicious taste of ApiHealth or Watson and Son or Spirits Bay, all of which are excellent. This one is obviously Manuka, but there is also a bit of the taste of regular honey, which is an entirely different flavor.

If this jar were the standard size of 500g, at this pricing level, it would have cost $110!!!! Don't get me wrong, they didn't lie - the site specifically says 250g - but without the other jar in front of me, that size didn't mean anything to me and given that the price is the same as what others charge for twice as much, it never occurred to me when I ordered it that this was such a rip off.
4949 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2015
Manuka Honey MGO 550+ is Stellar, far beyond the ordinary - most definitely: A Healer...
What else can I say, but Miraculous! YES it works.(and I was a definite non-believer - "was".) ..
(Yes, I'm using it)..

I received it 2 days ago. I've used it topically, only 3 x.. and - already there is a vast improvement, quite noticeable. Read story below to understand.

You see, I had Shingles last summer - all over my scalp, making it nearly impossible to comb, brush & even wash, my hair (even touching my scalp was horridly painful)...

For the last 8 mo., I continue to have this maddeningly annoying, still itchy,but very smooth scar area - yeah, from dry Shingles blisters..
A large patch of dry blisters is on my scalp... ( *Imagine that, Ladies )..

The hair where this blistered, scar area * has no growing hair - it's a complete long, area of a baldness! Being a gal, I hate it!!
Nothing could get rid of it, I've asked a few Dr.'s about the healing. says "it'll go away, it's just healing." ) but....scar would probably remain.
.(Upsetting News)..

I've used 1 dab (1 tsp size amt,) of this Manuka Honey, all over this itching annoying bald area - and Wow..By using it only 3x in 2 days - - This scared up area - from Shingle Blisters - -

1) The entire area Has stopped itching.
2) The smooth scar now has an obvious "texture"over the area. What is going on?? * Healing properties doing their work..
I Know! Even I didn't believe it was working, yet it is.

Today, In gently touching this area, it feels completely different.

I refuse to complain about having to wash my hair before going to bed, or going out....after I've massaged small amts of honey on my scalp -it makes my hair look like I was in a 65 mph wind.(Or... a very Young, Phyllis Diller - remember her? Hair all up n frizzed?) ..
So..it's working to heal my now-bald (highly embarassing) area, & I'm grateful to have this product..
on September 4, 2013
I have been using this for years now and love it. My family uses Manuka Honey 550 when we are feeling ill or a sore throat is coming on, helps keep it at bay. Uses are endless, use on wounds, sore throat, cough, upset stomach, etc. Highly recommend this brand of honey. This is not table honey for your tea it is used for medicinal purposes of all kinds. I have even used it on my cats wound. It is a great staple to have on hand for illnesses, better than cough syrups for children. It is a natural remedy you will love.
on March 29, 2014
I've been giving my son Manuka honey during the winter to assist his immune and digestive systems. I think of it as an investment as it isn't cheap but the medicinal benefits speak for themselves. He hasn't been sick in months.
Despite the fact that I've read the research supporting Manuka Honey efficacy (search nih manuka honey), I have to admit being surprised at how well it has work for with my family for dealing with throat issues. For the past two weeks we have been dealing with cold symptoms. The one symptom that we can resolve quickly is sore or dry throats. One teaspoon of this honey tends to provide 12 hour relief. After two days of use, my symptoms went away but other family members, who left without the honey, didn't get any better. Now I'm buying a jar for everyone.