Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 14, 2012
Ok, I bought this Kosoco tablet last week for my daughter who has been wanting one ever since I got my Acer A500 in November of 2011. She paid for the tablet with her own money, so why not get it? Now, let me shoot from the hip on this tablet. There is absolutely no comparison between the Kosoko tablet and my Acer A500 for several reasons.

1) Chassis: The Acer A500 is a much more sturdy build than the Kosoco table. Now, that isn't to say that it's junk, but I wouldn't want to drop this tablet on hardwood or on concrete and expect it to come away in one piece. Incidentally, I did drop my Acer on concrete in it's case and it did come away practically unscathed, but I seriously doubt the Kosoco would survive it. I really wish they had given the Kosoco tablet a stronger sturdier chassis. However, I did get a really nice case for the Kosoco tablet at Big Lots that fits it perfectly and gives access to all of the ports and controls for only $8.00. It was the cheapest one and worked the best. Imagine that.

2) Hardware:
A. Acer has a Tegra2 dual core processor 1ghz, the Kosoco has a single core A8 1.2ghz (at least that's what the advertisement says) which is no comparison.
B. Both have 1gb of internal memory, but the Acer is far faster than the Kosoco in general.
C. The Acer has Bluetooth while the Kosoco has none.
D. No full sized Usb on the Kosoco, although it does have an adapter. Still annoying.
E. The Acer A500 has a 2MP front and 5MP rear facing camera. The Kosoco has a front 0.3 (I think that is a typo and it's probably supposed to be a 1.3MP front) and a 2MP rear camera. Both cameras are really grainy which is very interesting when the tablet has ICS. My A500 has been upgraded to ICS for a couple of months and both of my cameras perform exceptionally well with the ICS update.

3) The stock Droid ICS Rom that comes with the Kosoco tablet leaves much to be desired. However, it does come with Google App Market support, so much of what it lacks can be procured (and I spent a night procuring what is lacked).

Now, all of that having been said, it isn't an Acer, or Samsung Galaxy Tab quality hardware or software for that matter, but if all you want is basic Android apps and functionality (without Bluetooth), this tablet is for you. You just have to make sure that you get a good case and screen protector for it. I will say this for it: It is a tenacious little beast at what it does. It's not screaming fast or solid like my Acer, but it does get the job done quite well. My 17yr old daughter is rather advanced with technology in general, so for her to be pleased with it, it must be doing more than OK. One thing she demands out of any machine is performance, and she must be getting what she wants, because I haven't heard a single complaint. She's been on it non-stop since it got here. Now, the Kosoco tablet's level of performance wouldn't work for me, but for her it must be alright for her (which speaks volumes).

Over all, other than the lack of features and issues I mentioned, it is a solid performer. If you want a good tablet with Droid 4.0, and decent performance, this tablet will meet your needs quite easily and economically I might add. I would purchase this product again in a heart beat.
on July 8, 2012
Short review, the screen is very good along with the OS, I love Ice Cream Sandwich. The sound from the small speakers isn't very good, but if you put on earphones the sound will blow you away. The rear facing camera is not that good but the front facing camera is nice. Google Play is installed so you won't have to worry about apps and the battery life is very good. This is a very nice unit for the price. I'm happy with the overall performance of the Kocaso.
on October 21, 2012
I can only speak for myself and my son. For the price this tablet works very well. We have no problems with our tablet. The camera takes beautiful pic, I can even write and takes notes on it. When downloading apps it runs fast. My son and I just love it. I have had other tablets in the past that did not work like this one.
on July 11, 2012
Maker did not put attention to the details it looks cheap - bottom of the case is rough, small openings for the speakers thus bad sound you can hardly hear it if someone else is talking in the room forget for playing songs loud you will need speakers, buttons stick. Could be a defective unit, but I doubt.
It works but like it has its own will, few examples, I installed the Netflix app and tried to watch some shows but it was changing the sound volume all the time up and down then I tried to use the browser so I opened the Google web site and I could not use it at all it was opening the menu closing the keyboard opening different screens I tap ones, but I hear 2, 3 more clicks ... Same thing when I tried to use the youtube app could not use the search it was closing the keyboard launching the search before I've finished typing my search word
I'm very disappointed as I had so high expectations considering it's not a cheap tablet $190 you can now purchase a factory refurbished brand name tablets for this price so I did not expected to have so much issues with the tablet.
on October 29, 2012
This gets frozen a lot andd it turns off.
I don't recommend it. This succckks get another one plus it takes forever in and brower or app.

See 1 answered question