Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Middle Eastern Cookery
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

87%
13%
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 18, 2013
Middle Eastern cuisine is one of my favourites, and this cookbook has delighted me with easy to follow recipes which mostly contain ingredients that are easy to get hold of. Occasionally you might need to explore to find a spice but as long as your cupboard is stocked with the basics you will have no problem whipping up the majority of the delicious meals.

The Muttabal (aubergine dip with tahina) has won me, my family and my friends over completely. It takes 5 minutes to whip up once you've roasted the brinjal and is heavenly. The braised beef with yoghurt is a simple stew that tastes too good to describe. In fact all of the recipes which I have tried so far have been splendid successes - now to try and expand my repetoire! We might be having a Middle Eastern themed Christmas meal this year. In addition to being simple and easy to follow, the recipes often come with anecdotes which help to explain the culture and provide a window into a world where food and the ritual of eating carries a different weight. A great book.
on July 29, 2009
I purchased this book over twenty years ago when I was in Cyprus. It still remains one of my most favorite cook books. Not only are there wonderful recipes from the Middle East but there are also little stories that describe the culture and food of the region. The author has also included regional variations of a single recipe(eg. five different preparations of coffee!). There is a great variety of food preparations not found in any other book. A true gem and a must for any fine collection!
on July 9, 2014
Great book. I have the original published version but it was falling apart from years of use. I bought it again and have used many recipes for my Wednesday pot luck group. Every recipe is all gone each dinner.
on November 4, 2011
If I had known that I would not get any photos then I would have ordered the paperback as the hardback is really waste of money. The receipts are brilliant and cover so much that you can get short of breath! They are also easy to follow and fool proof! It would have got five stars if it had photos but I still think it deserves a four!
on April 15, 2006
This is a wonderful cookbook, and has become one of the two or three I reach for first and use most. The recipes are easy to follow and make, the explanations are clear. Many of the recipes are introduced with stories from the region.
on October 17, 2009
A fascinating insight into north african cooking & culture written by a culinary genius, who can tell a good story and impart his love and understanding of middle eastern food & its people.
on November 17, 2012
This book is a treasure...a classic. My original 1982 Pan Publishing copy was getting a little worn so I was delighted to see a reprint!
on May 18, 2013
Great recipes!! This author knows his stuff. This has to be up there as one of the greatest cook books of all time!