Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 5, 2012
First off, my last pair of small binoculars were of the poroprism design, so this time I decided to look for a nice pair of roof prism binoculars. I have not been disappointed with these Minox binoculars. I know that Minox represents quality equipment, as I have an older Minox sub-miniature camera. That was my primary reason for purchasing these over some of the lesser priced binoculars.

I am extremely impressed with how bright these binoculars are. When comparing side-by-side with my full size 10X50 Steiners, these mini-binocs are very nearly as bright. The fit and finish is very nice as well. If I were to do it again, I may buy the 8X version, as 10X binoculars can be difficult to hold completely still. Personal preference. I wish small binocs came with lens caps, as I like to leave them out of the case at home.

Pros:
Very bright image.
Nice quality.
Screw-out eyepieces for those that wear glasses (nicer/longer lasting than fold-outs).
Nice soft case and neck strap.
Extremely fast focusing.
Ability to focus very close-up (~4 feet).
Waterproof
Light weight and small.

Cons:
Very sensitive to width adjustment - as many roof prism binoculars seem to be.
When focusing, there is a "dead spot" between focusing directions where the focusing knob turns freely ~1/4 turn - not a big problem, it just bugs me.
No lens caps (not many small binocs come with them).
on June 30, 2013
I've run into a design that's definitely not suited for me. I can't get these to focus sharply, with or without eyeglasses.The diopter just isn't enough. The focus wheel is one full turn end to end. Focus is smooth but VERY sensitive. I've discovered that for me 10 mm eye relief is barely enough to avoid blackouts. Otherwise, these are nicely made in Germany, but may be suitable for some and not others.
on August 7, 2013
The pros: Super clear glass, a good case, and super solid.

The cons: Not the easiest to get a decent picture in; I don't know much about binoculars, but I understand that this is a limitation of the design, so that's more of my own fault than the manufacturers.

Overall, these are solid everyday binos; I was shocked at how clear they were, and how little "rainbow" effect there was, because there was almost none. I am used to cheap binos having a massive amount of rainbow-colored halo, even at their most focused. On these, I was able to read a page of a book at 15 yards.
on April 7, 2014
Very bright picture and a good field of view. I was not mistaken, I chose this model. Small size and weight, all kinds of adjustment for people with glasses points for me were very comfortable. Thanks
on December 6, 2012
Great pair of binos, especially for archery hunting. Very light and very clear. Need the compact lightweight because of all the other things that I carry into the woods. Would recommend these to anyone looking for a quality pair of binoculars.
on February 19, 2016
I find I can't use these binoculars. Maybe my eyes are too close together or something, but I can not adjust them so that I can look through both lenses without double vision. I have other binoculars and don't have this problem with them. Maybe they are just too compact to adjust properly.
on February 27, 2014
I have the cheap $20 pair big mistake .you have to spend more if you want to look through them for more than a few minutes ,... i wanted to stay fairly cheap but i knew I had to spend at least $100 this time ..I did a google search for low priced compact binos with good reviews and kept seeing Minox pop up.. I decided to give them a try. ..they are very light ,easy to focus , clear but still compact ,,with a 30 year warranty and also water proof both great selling points .when I took them out for the first time keeping in mind they still are compacts . 9.1 ounces ..I hardly noticed the Minox around my neck ..and that's 1 reason why I bought them ..they are sensitive but smooth , they were clear for the price ..not my Swarovski's but they aren't meant to be ...these will do nicely for my compact pair ..I would recommend them for the above mentioned reasons
on August 13, 2011
Bought these for an upcoming trip and for watching the birds around the house. These are nicely built, completely clear and compact. Very happy with my purchase.
on January 27, 2014
"tis a bit bigger than anticipated. I had seen a picture of it in somebody's palm. and it mustabin a big palm.

Otherwise it is working very well, thankyou,

JP
on January 21, 2014
Fantastic quality for the price. These binoculars offer a tremendous value - we use them for everything from opera to birdwatching, and they fit in my coat pocket! Highly recommended.

See 1 answered question