Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 28, 2007
Great for hearing. Works with or without hearing aids. Good for bedside. Features are adequate, but identifying print is too small for old eyes, and many users of this equipment have failing eyesight also. Features are not easy to learn if you can't see the correct button. Also, backlighting the number buttons would be a help. However, primary intent of improved hearing is absolute.
on April 11, 2007
Bought this for my mother-in-law who is 88. She is now able to hear her daughter on the phone, at least a little bit. Previously she could not hear anything. I don't really know how it works, but it does.
on January 9, 2010
Bought for my father-in-law who is very hard of hearing. Even with hearing aides, it has been almost impossible to communicate with him over the phone for a number of years. With this phone he is able to hear everything said with no problem. Really an amazing technology. It has a built-in flasher to show when the phone is ringing but is too small to be noticeable so we bought a separate, larger flasher.
on December 10, 2007
I'm sure there are different kinds of hearing loss, so I can't say if this phone would work for everyone. But my mother, who is very hard of hearing, finds it quite amazing. She had reached the point of being able to hear hardly anything on a regular phone, but with this one she can have basically a normal conversation. Still have to repeat the occasional word for her, but it's a great improvement. Was certainly well worth trying for her.
on April 5, 2011
My 81 year old mother purchased a Mirafone from Big Lots for $10 a few years ago. She is losing her hearing and wanted a second Mirafone for a different location in her home. Unfortunately I couldn't find another Mirafone for $10 but after paying $100 for a Radio Shack phone designated as a hearing loss phone that was completly ineffective, the $29.99 price for the second Mirafone was acceptable. The features are very simple to use and my mother has no problem hearing me when I call and speak to her in a normal tone. However, when I am at her house, "I" am not comfortable using this phone; the bone vibrating feature is awkward and strange for someone who has normal hearing. I would without hesitation recommend this phone for someone who has a hearing problem.
on August 20, 2011
I bought this for my Mother as she only has hearing in one ear and it is not good. This works really well for her at 91 years old. I have been through two of these and am on the third. I have one still in the box in case this one goes bad down the line. They are inexpensive compared to other phones, and we have tried other ones that do not work as well but are more expensive. She can hear without her hearing aid using this.
on April 7, 2008
Easy to use and works great with or without my hearing aid. Standard phones just don't cut it any more. Now have two. One upstairs and one downstairs
on September 18, 2009
Great product for the hearing impaired...a little difficult to get adjusted, sound volume, etc...but works great. Great Price! Great Service! sandpebbles
on April 13, 2010
I bought this phone for my husband who could not hear phone conversations but would never admit it. Now he is able to answer this phone and hear everything. The vibration is a little annoying to him but that is a small price to pay to be able to hear on the telephone again.
on August 1, 2011
We have purchased this product in the past a it worked wonderfully. However this time this product does not work. WE have tried to contact the seller 3 times with no response. The phone is made for people with hearing loss and all we hear on this phone is static.

This is one of the few times I have purchased a product from Amazon that was not a book, I don't think I will purchase anything other than books in the future. Since I cannot seem to return a defective product and Amazon is absolutely worthless in customer service.

I would never purchase anything from this vendor again.