Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MIU France Mandoline Slicer
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 26, 2005
The quality of this mandoline surprised me. For the price it is really excellent and definitely semi-professional quality. The only negative I can find is that the food pusher is too slippery. The holder should be made with rubberized sides rather than the smooth metal-like plastic, so being careful not to drop it is paramount. I have no reservations recommending this food processor, and the company replaces parts at very low cost, unusual for any company.
on January 30, 2006
But at least you don't have to pay $150-200 for the pleasure of using this one.

I'm a chef, and I've used dozens of mandolines over the years. This mandoline is as good as any, and much less expensive than "pro" types. I've actually found the plastic it's made of to be quite durable, and the blades seem to hold an edge well. Also, replacement blades are available for $9.00 each which most other models don't offer. I've got two of these which see heavy use, and when they break(in a restaurant, everything breaks sooner or later), I won't hesitate to buy the same model again.

The holder is cumbersome, as are they all, but you need it when making straight slices. I would suggest buying a cut resistant glove and holding item to be sliced in your hand when making other types of cuts.
on August 1, 2005
This mandoline functioned extremely well for 2 months. Then the plastic shattered after being dropped from counter-height onto linoleum. NOT DURABLE.
on September 12, 2005
For the most part, cutting with a knife is easiest. But for the really big jobs - this thing cuts like a breeze. The blade choices are great as is the storage system. Best one I have seen on the market.
on August 30, 2006
This was an excellent item...for about 3 uses...then the mandoline would not hold to one thickness...it keeps opening up to maximum cut depth. MIU France says this is not their problem..."just buy a new one". With an attitude like that...and product failure so quickly.....yes, I will buy a different brand...and avoid MIU France products
on February 14, 2006
I had high hopes for this mandoline, but I unfortunately have had to return it and, for the first time, I feel a certain responsibility to write a review. The blades of this mandoline are dull, dull, dull. When it arrived, I first tried slicing an onion, which actually was somewhat successful, although the slices were torn and uneven. The carrot I then tried was more shredded than sliced. Forget tomatoes -- do not try tomatoes, period! Unless you want tomato juice and there are easier ways to get tomato juice. This mandoline will definitely slice potatoes and cucumbers although the slices tend to be uneven, but perhaps I wasn't applying even pressure. However, I haven't had this problem with my V slicer which, I guess, for now, I'll continue to use. My advice would be, don't buy this one.
on April 17, 2006
This mandoline worked well for few weeks and then the metal needles broke off on the safety handle. Now I can't attach any vegetables to it.

After three month of moderate use the mandoline still works but without the safety handle.
on April 11, 2006
As soon as this product arrived I set it up and got to work a batch of pico de gallo. I first tried to slice up some tomatoes and to my utter disappointment all I got was a smashed tomato. I tried running it down to the blade quickly and slowly in different motions with a couple tomatoes and got the same result. The fruit (yes a tomato is a fruit) stuck at the blades and smashed up between the inside wall of the holder and the blades and just turned into a mess. So I thought perhaps I needed something harder and tougher. I tried an onion and had only slightly better results. It took a lot of work, but the first part of the onion did chop; the backside however came out in shreds. Suffice it to say, I cleaned the mandoline off, put it back in the box, and shipped it right back.
on May 3, 2006
The item is basically useless for me. It was not easy to use, it did not cut stuff as shown. It was awkward to use and the safety handle is useless. I was really disappointed with it...Dont waste your money on it. If my husband hadnt thrown out the box I would be returning it....
on August 19, 2006
This mandoline slicer has been great. I am no longer able to stand for long periods of time and the slicer allows me to speed through a large portion of my preparation of foods. The size of the mandoline is perfect and I appreciate the blades being safely stored in a box. I use the mandoline daily and it stays on my counter. Over the years I have tried several and this is by far, top notch.