5.0 out of 5 stars I use it more than I expected
Published on May 6, 2008 by Ardbeg

2.0 out of 5 stars Too flexible
This scraper was too flexible for scraping bread dough from the bowl. I guess it would work fine on lighter dough, like for cakes. The shape of the scraper is ideal for round bowls. I bought one from Sur La Table that looked the same but was much more rigid and it worked fine. I will have to recycle this one for other uses or to someone who doesn't need it for bread dough.
Published on April 2, 2010 by Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it more than I expected, May 6, 2008
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
I threw this in to round out a promotion purchase, but it has become essential to my cooking. I reach for it constantly, not just when baking. For example, I can use the flat edge to quickly scoop up a thin layer of sauce and baste fish, even when the nonstick pan is still 400+ degrees. And my cookie recipe actually makes 24 cookies now instead of 22 and brown sink water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tool, April 23, 2008
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
I've been cooking over 30 years and I have rarely come across a kichen tool that I would find indispensable. This scraper has proven to be one of those items. You can use the flat edge to scrape things off a cutting board into a bowl or pan, and you can use the rounded edge to scrape something out of a bowl. It saves time, since it is much larger than a regular scraper, and you can get every last bit of dough out of your bowl every time. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty for "Defurring" too!, November 1, 2008
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
Works great for intended use BUT the best thing about it is that it is great for "de-furring" my bedspread, comforters and upholstery from cat hair. I have cats and was always using masking tape to pick up the shed fur. But, this silicone scraper does a much better job. All I do is wipe it across the fabric and the fur is easy to pick up -- sort of like raking leaves into a pile and then picking them up and throwing them away. I think this little gadget is absolutely great for this purpose. You can use it on your clothes too to remove lint or cat hair -- whatever! I think the reason you can rake up the fur with it is because the scraper is made of silicone. The side of my phone cover (which is also made of silicone) will do the same thing, except it's too soft and will come off my phone if I use it to defur. Btw, I want to add that I only use this scraper to pick up cat and dog fur now. I DONT USE IT FOR COOKING ANYMORE AT ALL since I learned it would de-fur. I have another scraper in a different color to cook with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Scraper, December 30, 2006
Moe Rubenzahl (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
Not much to say: Simple little scraper made of silicone with just the right amount of flex. Nice device.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too flexible, April 2, 2010
Grace (New Lenox, IL) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit More Flexible Than I Wanted..., August 4, 2008
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
I purchased this scraper, not to clean out bowls, but to remove dough from a wooden pastry board that my husband crafted. Because this scraper is a bit more flexible than the Tovolo, it does not do a good job removing stuck-down dough. Thus, I'm giving it four stars rather than five. However, it does do a fine job when using it to turn ciabatta dough that is quite wet and does work well to scrape the inside of a mixing bowl. If that had been my original purpose in purchasing this scraper, it would have rated five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for scraping!, October 1, 2013
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
I bought this one a couple of years ago- not that I needed yet another scraper but the others that I owned were not flexible and this one looked promising. I can't tell you how indispensable it has become in my kitchen- I only use this one save the rare occasion I need to cut as well as scrape to which I go to my bench scraper. This one conforms to any contour of the many bowls or pans I use- it is sturdy enough to pull the heaviest of dough and the thickness is great for gripping. If you are accustom to the plastic ones this one is not as stiff- but the design allows you to use the whole of your hand much like a paddle- this will give it more stability rather than gripping just the edge which would allow it to flap a bit.
I guess it is all a matter of how you hold it - that determines the stability. It is dishwasher safe and heat resistant- so go ahead and scape hot pans. Great gift idea to round out baskets or stocking stuffers.

4.0 out of 5 stars silicone bowl scraper, September 1, 2011
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
I purchased this product because I am used to using a bowl scraper and unfortunately the majority of bowl scrapers for sale are of breakable plastic quality, thus do not have longevity.
This product on the other hand will last me a lifetime since it will not break or burn under normal situations. The only little detraction I would have is that its size is really for a larger hand than mine.
Other than that I am satisfied that I have purchased the best quality product of its kind. Amazon makes purchasing easy, and delivers the goods quickly, all at a fair price. What more can I ask?

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid scraper, July 7, 2014
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
Good scraper. Really gets to the bottom of any bowl, from pretty much any angle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good scraper., June 11, 2014
This review is from: MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red (Kitchen)
The scrapper I had finally cracked after 20 years of use. This is not the same but seems to do the job.

MIU France Silicone Bowl Scraper, Red