Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 2, 2011
This cutter is the absolute kitchen tool to slice and dice our #1 canned meat necessity in Hawaii.
I would be at a loss without it. Perfect slicing always, and turn around the slices and you you get diced.
Tried to slice onions and broke my original. Never going to do that again.

Another use is slicing and dicing tofu and canned mushrooms . I usually add tofu and mushrooms to my hamburger paddies.
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2012
I've had one for maybe 10 years and used it for cheese, melons, eggs, lunchmeat, cooked veggies (carrots & beets), pickles, to cube slices of bread, an who knows what else. It's held up well! Just now I'm starting to see the wire showing some slack - which is not bad, because I've also tried to slice foods that it wasn't meant for... and didn't cut, but also didn't break.

I'm not known for 'rightly dividing' as my Dad calls it, so this tool is useful for getting nice even slices... and when the finished product's out there on the table, I get the credit. It's easier to clean than a mandolin and less hazardous on the fingers.

It was a delight to find another just like mine! I'm buying it and will be happy if it lasts another 10 years!!
on July 27, 2013
Having ordered this little time saver, I never got to try it. The price wasn't bad and the shipping seemed reasonable. My problem with this item is that it is lightweight (meaning not built for normal usage) and subject to easy breakage as witnessed in the flimsy packaging as used by the vendor (D&S Office Supply). I'm disappointed that this item was not boxed for shipment rather than the flimsy plastic envelope that allowed 2 of the cutting wires to be broken in shipment. Nor would D & S offer to replace the item, only refund. The only other company that sells this product wants almost 2-1/2 times the price of the item for shipping. I re-used a small Amazon box and it fit in perfectly, and cost $3.50 to return. Back to the cutting board.
on January 29, 2016
This works great. I purchased it for someone who likes Spam, but do to their disability, they have difficulty cutting it into even slices. They were very grateful that I got this for them. By the way, I personally can't stand the taste of Spam. Haha
on May 10, 2015
CHEAP is the best word to describe this product. Broke after the first time used to cut spam. The wires came undone and broke, renedering it useless. Save yourself the money and stick with cutting your spam the old fashion way, with a knife.
on September 6, 2011
I bought this primarily for using with canned luncheon meats, which I found to be just barely able to cut it. This is just an over sized flat egg slicer, but the beauty of this is it's versatility. I use this to cut tofu, bananas, and pretty much anything that has the texture of a boiled egg.

I wish this used actual blades instead of strings so that it can be used with more stuff, but as it is, it does one hell of job letting me make peanut butter banana sandwiches faster :)

As far as build quality, I'm guessing this will last me a few years. Cutting luncheon meat with this is a bit of a chore, since the luncheon meat is too dense for it to cut cleanly. It pretty much cuts the luncheon meat the same way you'd see if you would've used a fork.
on October 22, 2012
You like canned meat like me this is a MUST HAVE. Spam, Cornbeef, eggs, cheese. This thing is GREAT!!!!!

I do caution be picky what you try to cut or slice with it. IF you feel the wire can't go thru or it is struggling to hard. Then you can't cut that particular item on this.

You might find yourself taking larger pieces of meat cutting it down to fit on this and then making slices.

Again just go slow, steady and be stable with the wires as they go down.

Dishwasher safe.

Gonna get another one soon as I can!!!!!!
on May 25, 2016
If you like big thick meat you will love this thing.
Makes the slices so thick you can Barely get your mouth around the meat!
the plastic seems cheep but no complaints about function.
If you want 1inch thick slices this is for you!

Unfortunately I was looking for something that sliced 1/2 inch to 1/4 an inch slices.
I like my meat thin and easy to get between the buns.
on January 24, 2015
Well it worked for maybe 3 or 4 times then the metal wire broke. They looked fragile from day one and always used the slicer as gentle as possible. Id slowly push it down through the spam but after I put it into the sink to wash it this last time the wires snapped.

Another complaint is that it cuts the spam into 9 pieces. It should be cutting it into 8 thicker pieces IMO. The thickness it cuts the spam is too thin for me. Will be looking elsewhere for a replacement. In the mean time I snapped the metal sliver part off and trashed it. I now use the plastic part as a guide for a large kitchen knife. Better than nothing for now
on November 16, 2012
Have you ever cut SPAM before? Then we all know its a little tricky to slice those little meats consistently in the same size. this little tool is great! I needed to slice 3 cans for some musubi for a trip we were going on and this cut the time down considerably. Fast, even, and clean.

If your making musubi, I recommend you get the double musubi maker, It pumps out musubi's like a line factory =)