5.0 out of 5 stars Spam delight
This cutter is the absolute kitchen tool to slice and dice our #1 canned meat necessity in Hawaii.
I would be at a loss without it. Perfect slicing always, and turn around the slices and you you get diced.
Tried to slice onions and broke my original. Never going to do that again.

Another use is slicing and dicing tofu and canned mushrooms . I usually...
Published on August 2, 2011 by Mike Phillips

1.0 out of 5 stars I'll never know
Published 17 months ago by ArmonC

5.0 out of 5 stars Spam delight, August 2, 2011
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
Tried to slice onions and broke my original. Never going to do that again.

Another use is slicing and dicing tofu and canned mushrooms . I usually add tofu and mushrooms to my hamburger paddies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for lot's of things, September 6, 2011
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
I bought this primarily for using with canned luncheon meats, which I found to be just barely able to cut it. This is just an over sized flat egg slicer, but the beauty of this is it's versatility. I use this to cut tofu, bananas, and pretty much anything that has the texture of a boiled egg.

I wish this used actual blades instead of strings so that it can be used with more stuff, but as it is, it does one hell of job letting me make peanut butter banana sandwiches faster :)

As far as build quality, I'm guessing this will last me a few years. Cutting luncheon meat with this is a bit of a chore, since the luncheon meat is too dense for it to cut cleanly. It pretty much cuts the luncheon meat the same way you'd see if you would've used a fork.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'll never know, July 27, 2013
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
Having ordered this little time saver, I never got to try it. The price wasn't bad and the shipping seemed reasonable. My problem with this item is that it is lightweight (meaning not built for normal usage) and subject to easy breakage as witnessed in the flimsy packaging as used by the vendor (D&S Office Supply). I'm disappointed that this item was not boxed for shipment rather than the flimsy plastic envelope that allowed 2 of the cutting wires to be broken in shipment. Nor would D & S offer to replace the item, only refund. The only other company that sells this product wants almost 2-1/2 times the price of the item for shipping. I re-used a small Amazon box and it fit in perfectly, and cost $3.50 to return. Back to the cutting board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slicing well even with tought usage, December 24, 2012
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
I've had one for maybe 10 years and used it for cheese, melons, eggs, lunchmeat, cooked veggies (carrots & beets), pickles, to cube slices of bread, an who knows what else. It's held up well! Just now I'm starting to see the wire showing some slack - which is not bad, because I've also tried to slice foods that it wasn't meant for... and didn't cut, but also didn't break.

I'm not known for 'rightly dividing' as my Dad calls it, so this tool is useful for getting nice even slices... and when the finished product's out there on the table, I get the credit. It's easier to clean than a mandolin and less hazardous on the fingers.

It was a delight to find another just like mine! I'm buying it and will be happy if it lasts another 10 years!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 11, 2012
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
The slicer works great for any size of spam. I have tried several different slicers and this is the only one the that does exactly what it is supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Musbi making, June 29, 2012
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
I received my MIU meat slicer on time and in good shape. It works well. If you make musubi with out it, your missing out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Spam, February 2, 2013
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
Spam: the real thing, mystery meat. Love this stuff, and we make Spam musubi all the time. This makes perfect slices, is durable and easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool, October 27, 2013
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
I use this to slice mozzarella cheese for my lasagne. I like it because it is wide and cuts evenly. Works Great!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Steel Lunch Meat Slicer, January 21, 2013
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
We have had several of these slicer. Whenever the wires break, I immediately order another one. Anyone who likes SPAM will love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have you been all my life!!!!!!!, October 22, 2012
This review is from: MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer (Kitchen)
You like canned meat like me this is a MUST HAVE. Spam, Cornbeef, eggs, cheese. This thing is GREAT!!!!!

I do caution be picky what you try to cut or slice with it. IF you feel the wire can't go thru or it is struggling to hard. Then you can't cut that particular item on this.

You might find yourself taking larger pieces of meat cutting it down to fit on this and then making slices.

Again just go slow, steady and be stable with the wires as they go down.

Dishwasher safe.

Gonna get another one soon as I can!!!!!!

MIU France Stainless Steel Lunch Meat Slicer