5.0 out of 5 stars Anonomous
Published on December 23, 2007 by Anonomous

3.0 out of 5 stars Price is right, but quality is poor
These are great budget glasses.... and by budget I mean you won't find these in any restaurant or dive bar (a frat or dorm room perhaps?).

Published on November 24, 2009 by M.B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anonomous, December 23, 2007
24 HUGE capacity, tempered, bar quality mixing/drinking glasses! This is an unbelievable value! I ordered this set years ago, and have been enjoying them on a daily basis- perfect for tall, iced drinks when you're really thirsty, plus they look just fabulous on a casual or even dressier table setting. Everyone loves these glasses & my friends always ask me where I got them. I've broken only a few over several years, and that's just because I clumsily dropped them from a height onto other dishware drying in the sink drainer tray...This glassware is incredibly durable! Comfortable to hold & drink from. The lip is sturdy but not overly thick. I'll purchase again if/when I begin to run low in quantity.

3.0 out of 5 stars Price is right, but quality is poor, November 24, 2009
M.B. (Mountain View, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GLASS MIXING RT 16 OZ, CS 2/DZ, 07-0764 ANCHOR HOCKING CORP. GLASSWARE

They are solid and well weighted, but the problem is in the fact that they are _way_ out of level. Seriously, fill the glass up and set it on a flat surface and the water will be 1/4 inch higher on one side than the other. Makes it feel like these glasses should belong in the Santa Cruz Mystery Spot.

I'm hoping to break my set fairly soon so I can order something a little more "true".

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, November 20, 2013
Practicality: I shopped for glasses in all of the high dollar big name stores. Similar glasses often have price tags in the $7-12 range. Many "pub" glasses sold to the populus are thin and fragile. These are thick and durable; they're "me-proof", even after I have emptied a few cold beers over their tempered rims. I have knocked one over and dropped one on the floor. Not so much as a scratch. My favorite practical feature and the reason I chose this style of glass in the first place, is that my medium to large sized hands fit in well enough to clean the bottom of them if necessary. I can't stand not being able to give a glass a good cleaning when it needs it. These alleviate that issue.

Epicureanism: One of the things to love about these glasses are their thermal mass. I keep a couple in the freezer, which is obviously great for a cold beer on a hot day. Even better, I like to eat ice cream out of these, with a little chocolate syrup (melted chocolate if I'm feeling really motivated) and milk poored over it. Not only does the ice cream stay nicely frozen. Little bits of the milk and chocolate freeze into crunchy bit. Mmmm...

Economics: These specific glasses are available on Amazon as singles for (as I write) $2.39. Altogether, me and my best 3 friends have only eight hands. Eight single glasses with shipping costs $31.29. This item comes with a case of 24 for less money. I kept 8 for my house in Austin, set aside 8 to take to my apartment in Berlin, and gave 8 to a friend whose favorite glass was just like these but with a brewery label on it. Win-win-win, and all for the price of 3 or 4 Polish glasses from a retail front.

Physics: Almost all, including the spendy ones have a much worse "Santa Cruz Mystery Spot" effect than these. When I shop in stoers for glasses, I always perform one very simple test: I hold the base or stem of the glass between my thumb and middle finger firmly planted on the shelf and spin the glass in place while watching the rim and the side of the glass. This allows a quick and thorough analysis of irregularities. Very few glasses have a base and rim in nearly parrallel planes. Very few have uniform wall thickness at a given height. These glasses are above average in regularity, and more importantly, they're good enough that you'll never notice any flaws in daily use. I'm not sure what the other reviewer was on about. There will certainly be some variation from glass to glass and box to box, but AH makes bajillions of these. I expect they all fit a given set of tolerances.

TL/DR: Buy them, they're great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price!, July 24, 2013
Can't complain at all about the price. Packed in a factory box, then in an outer shipping box, with lots of padding. Nothing broken! Good heavy glasses. Rim tempered, so supposed to be tougher. I haven't been able to break any yet. All of them seem to be level and flawless. I don't think I'll ever need 24 though; may be I can give some as wedding presents. I would have loved to receive some of these when first starting out...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pub and cocktail glass!, September 20, 2009
WineGuy (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
These work great with my Boston Shaker. Just shake and serve directly from the glass. Or chill in the freezer and use to serve an icy cold beer. Love these glasses!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily holds 12 oz of beer plus the head, September 17, 2014
Solid, well made, inexpensive glasses. Easily holds 12 oz of beer plus the head. I see no sign of the unevenness mentioned elsewhere, these are very regular and mine look exactly as pictured. They stack well and do not stick together even stacked 4 high. They are fairly heavy (449 g, 15.8 oz), so if your hands give you trouble, you may drop these. Might be too heavy for young kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as claimed!, September 1, 2013
Frankybigguns (Northern California) - See all my reviews
These glasses are exactly what I needed. Perfect for pouring a can of soda or beer into. awesome product for everyone