Customer Discussions > Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3 forum

MK Online Pass & PS Store

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2011 10:32:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2011 11:38:40 AM PDT
Tevious says:
So Sony announced that the PSN will come back online this week. However, some operations, including the PlayStation Store, will return later in the month.

"SNEI will continue to reinforce and verify security for transactions before resuming the PlayStation®Store and other Qriocity operations, scheduled for this month."

For those of you who have not yet activated your Online Pass, this could be an issue if Redeeming Codes are associated with the PS Store or otherwise not operational when the PSN comes back online. It could be a much longer wait to get to play this game online.

Posted on May 1, 2011 11:01:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2011 11:04:02 AM PDT
SH says:
Hey can you tell me more information about this online pass for MK? What do you get from it? Are the features from the online pass permanent or is it just some trial that you will have to pay for later? Once I buy the game new from Amazon am I guaranteed to get the code?
Thanks.

One more thing, I see people talking about codes for characters, do we need to buy codes to unlock characters or are those codes just for costumes?

Posted on May 1, 2011 11:16:34 AM PDT
Online passes come in every Mortal Kombat box if it is new, it is is used the code might have been used already. If you buy it used you can buy an online pass on the store for $10. The Pass is permanent, once it is activated on a PS3 all accounts on that PS3 can play online. IF you buy it from Amazon or any other place you are guaranteed a code if it is new, if used there is a possibility it has been used.

These codes are to unlock "classic costumes" of specific characters, they were only available to preorderers at certain stores. Amazon had Reptile's costume and classic fatality, Gamespot Scorpion's classic costume and classic fatality, Best Buy Sub Zero's classic costume and classic fatality. Walmart and Toys 'r' us had Mileena's and Kitana's classic costumes respectively. If you buy the Kollector's Edition or Tournament edition you'll get Ermac's classic costume. Also if you buy either of the movies on blu-ray you will receive a code for Jade's classic costume only on PS3. It's been said all of these costumes and fatalities will be sold later as DLC.

I hope I was helpful.

MMK.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2011 11:21:10 AM PDT
SH says:
Yes you were extremely helpful. Thank you very much for your detailed answer. :)

Posted on May 1, 2011 12:42:35 PM PDT
No problem, I just wanted to make sure you knew the real info since some people seem to have the wrong idea about the online pass.

Posted on May 1, 2011 4:03:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:18:42 PM PDT]

Posted on May 14, 2011 11:56:53 PM PDT
Tevious says:
Now that PSN is up in some areas, including my own. I can confirm that Redeem Code does not work. The service is still under maintenance. It is probably linked with the PS Store, which won't be restored until later this month.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 1, 2011
Latest post:  May 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3
Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3 by Warner Bros (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (514)