Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Platform: Xbox 360|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on June 23, 2011
This game would be perfect if it wasn't for a few crippling problems.

The game will automatically switch fielders for you. This sounds like it should work, but it doesn't at all. I don't know how many times a fly ball was hit, and I was ready to catch it with my second baseman, and for no reason the control switched to the center fielder. At which point a routine fly turns into a base hit. Or, the game will automatically have you control the right fielder when the ball is heading towards center, and you cannot either rush over or switch fielders in time to get the out.

The batting timing feels off as well. I have endlessly played with the batting difficulty sliders to try to find something that works, but nothing does. I have hit so many balls [seemingly] perfectly only to watch them mosey away for a fly or ground out. It seems like the difficulty sliders have me fighting to stop shutouts on 69 difficulty and winning by 14 runs on 70 difficulty.

There is a terrible glitch where after an action replay, the game will completely freeze and the only way out of it is to intentionally walk the batter. When I'm down by one run and the other team has two on board, and this glitch happens, the game isn't worth playing any more.

The game just feels cheap and rushed overall. It seems like they had a good game on their hands but didn't have enough time to test it and iron out all the imperfections. MLB 2k11 isn't really any better as far as glitches and cheapness goes.

However, through all these glitches, this game is still fun to play with another player in couch head-to-head. Forget about online since the batting is so time-sensitive; lag will just make it unplayable. But when you're playing with another person on the second controller, and you're both susceptible to the same glitches on an even playing field, it can be fun.
on April 13, 2011
Some fun for a season or two to play, then it gets old just like all the other 2K games. Gameplay is still unrealistic and lots of glitches, but hey you can get it used for 5 bucks online so its worth a buy.
on March 22, 2010
After reading mixed reviews about this game and hearing that most of the past flaws in the game have been fixed (e.g. hitting too many homeruns, baserunning issues etc), I decided to give it a try. After about a week of playing it, I became more and more frustrated with this game. Even though you may not hit 7 homeruns in each game, there are still other tradeoffs that make this game not worth $60, or even $30. For one thing, the defense pretty much tracks down every ball in the outside you hit (note that I played on Pro difficulty). Second, the baserunning is just dreadful and frustrating to control. Another problem I have is that how is it possible that most of my pitchers have a higher batting average than my star players. This game is NOT fun. It is frustrating more than anything else. The new pitching interface is a step in the right direction and is one of the few positive changes in the game.

Bottom line is, I would not recommend this game. Or at least wait until it's in the bargain bin. Chances are you will only have to wait a month. They have put out garbage the last two years and 2k10 is no exception.
on May 18, 2010
I never played 2K9, so I can't compare to that, but this game has lots of room to improve...

1) It takes entirely too long for the game to load the start menu. It checks every time for updated rosters (which it seems to download repeatedly) on top of loading the "MLB Today" information, which is just the days scores from the real world. They really need to drop some of the items that load, it should not take 2 minutes just to get to the menu.

2) The music is extremely glitchy. Songs abruptly stop in the middle and there is "dead air" for a few seconds before another one with start. Also, songs are poorly edited to cut out portions of some of the songs.

3) The menus are overly complicated. You can get around them just fine, but you have to constantly point the stick in different directions. Just give me a list I can go up and down on and don't make it a maze to get back to the main menu.

Finally, the game itself...

1) Game play is ok, pretty much what you would expect from a baseball game. IMO, pitching is a bit easier than hitting. Pitchers don't seem to get tired gradually, it seems like all of a sudden pitchers just hit a wall.

2) Can I turn off John Kruk? Seriously, I think he did about an hour in the sound booth for this game. Everything he says is so repetitive, multiple time in one game is annoying.

3) Definitely some noticeable frame rate issues. They become more noticeable later into games.

The problem with exclusive deals to make a game is that the consumer gets the short end. The game maker has no incentive to put out a good game. I wanted a baseball game, so this was my only option (xbox). I feel like a lot of the issues I have with this game should have been caught in the testing phase.
on October 13, 2010
Not that good of a game. If gameplay is what you are looking for it is not good, the Bigs 2 is much better and you can play a game in a much shorter time period. I do think the pitching looks very realistic, but the controls for batting and baserunning are not very player friendly. I bought it mainly for the season mode and being able to draft players and bring players up through the minors. However, I found out that to do this is a big waste of time (literally time wasting). Statistics and player ratings mean nothing in developing players. Editing players and looking at their potential is the only way to see which players will eventually (maybe) improve enough to be MLB ready. Also, statistics for the players are unrealistic, and this also was a big disappointment for me. Don't waste your time or money on this game. I have ordered MLB Front Office Manager to see if this game is any better.
on April 23, 2010
If you like pitching and getting 20-24 K's per game then this is the game to get. If you like hitting then you would have better luck sticking a fork in a wall outlet. The game was completely designed around pitching. The online play is fairly fun...if you like winning or losing 1-0/0-1 every time. The graphics look good, the game play is good, hitting just suck bad. I have had five people over to see if it is just me or the game and everyone I have spoken to comes out with the same opinions as me.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2011
Terrible graphics, terrible batters control, terrible everything. I also had 2 different no hitters screwed up on 2 different occasions with 2 outs in the 9th and all of a sudden, a pop fly was a problem. The game would not let me control it and purposely screwed up my game. Just get a ps3 and get MLB the Show. Amazing graphics, physics, gameplay, controls, and MUCH more realistic. Its like watching a real game. 2K sports does NOT do games well.