Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 6, 2013
As others have commented, no enhancements were done to these early 1970s and 1989 World Series videos. They were just transferred over to DVD as is, which means the resolution, picture quality etc. are nowhere near what we expect in today's Blu-Ray world. That said, it's great fun to see these old films and remember both the A's and their opponents. Those opponents were the "Big Red Machine" Cincinnati Reds, the New York Mets, the Los Angele Dodgers, and the San Francisco Giants. This was during the Charlie Finley era, so the bright green and blinding yellow A's uniforms are worth a look all by themselves! And then there are the players - Joe Rudy, Reggie Jackson, Sal Bando, Vida Blue, Rollie Fingers, Catfish Hunter, and many more for the A's ... and equally great players for the opposition! So if you accept it for what it is - unmodified old video highlights - you will enjoy it.
on April 6, 2016
I'm a diehard Phillies' fan, but for reasons unknown, I've also always liked the A's. I haven't viewed this DVD yet, but will shortly after I finish this review. I will enjoy revisiting some of their championship years.
on August 8, 2006
This DVD is great for any A's fan or just baseball fans in general. This DVD has 4 seperate films you can choose from on the main screen that document that year's world series. These were also made in the year that the series was played. I enjoyed seeing the footage of A's greats like Catfish Hunter, Reggie Jackson, Vida Blue, Terry Steinbach, Mark McGwire, Dave Stewart and Jose Canseco,
on February 15, 2014
My 13yr old son who is a hugh A's fan loved this video. Then going to Fanfest 2014 and listening to the players from those series speak about it made him feel like he was there. Great memories. Yes original film (vintage)and now i see why.
on November 28, 2011
In the 70's, when I was in high school, the A's were my favorite baseball team. Back then you could order highlight reels but they came in black and white and you had to have a projector to watch them. I literally stumbled across this dvd while browsing around Amazon and had to have it. I now have realized just how wide a variety Amazon offers....I have found stuff at a way better price than say Wal Mart.Thanks Amazon.
on January 2, 2014
I must admit I did not watch this DVD. I bought it as a birthday gift for my brother. He really enjoyed it and came back to me with all kinds of knowledge of the team that I didn't know. He really enjoyed it and I know another Athletics fan would also love it.
on January 8, 2012
My husband got this video for Christmas and has seen it several times since then. It is entertaining and well done
on March 5, 2010
I was 12-14 living in Sacramento when these three world series were going on. The Oakland A's just came out of nowhere to shock the world and I was there and loving it. Very nice to see those wild crazy swinging A's again. I very much enjoyed watching these highlights and if you are a A's fan you will have to have this. Reggie, Campy, Geno, Catfish, Blue Moon, Rudi, Rollie, Sal the captain. Some of the most memorable characters in baseball history and they were one of my favorite teams (the Giants being the other) of all time. Not a steroid in sight just a bunch of good ball players clicking together (and fighting each other) and having fun. Oh and Charlie O the mule, can't forget him.

Just get this and enjoy.
on January 30, 2013
Great history of the team... must have for A's fans! My son and I really enjoyed watching this.. hopefully we will bring back the glory of the A's in 2013!!!
on August 13, 2014
Great nostalgic look at the World Series Championships of the Oakland A's. Fun watching the old clips and seeing how much televised events have progressed.