4.0 out of 5 stars No Standings? No Schedule?
Published on April 18, 2011 by Eric Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As It Should Be
Published on July 3, 2011 by bmfc1

4.0 out of 5 stars No Standings? No Schedule?, April 18, 2011
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
Don't get me wrong, this is exactly the product I'd hoped it would be. It's got well-written detailed stories about every game from the day before, complete with box scores. The Kindle formatting is excellent (with the exception of the occasional box score that gets slightly messed up). The only thing that is disappointing is that it doesn't provide standings, leader boards, or upcoming an upcoming schedule. These are head-scratching omissions from what is a daily baseball newspaper (especially since those items don't even require editorial input, they can be generated automatically). If you are into baseball, I have no reservations in saying that this is the publication you want. After you get it, though, let MLB know that not having the standings or an upcoming schedule is puzzling and should be fixed.

4.0 out of 5 stars MLB.com on Kindle is a great idea, April 14, 2011
JT Bowtie (Tuscaloosa, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
The content is produced by MLB.com writers, so the focus is squarely on the on-field action. You don't have to worry about reading the rantings of a bitter columnist who is trying to make a name for himself by picking a fight with a slumping superstar like you will in the newspaper.

Another positive: game stories and boxes for the West Coast games that you can read while you drink your coffee in the morning. That's good, because my newspaper doesn't have box scores for any game that starts after 8 pm eastern. If most of your fantasy team is staffed by west coast players, you're out of luck with a newspaper.

The only thing MLB needs to add is a feature that all daily newspapers have: the day's schedule of upcoming games and the pitching matchups. And I know it's early but sometimes the formatting on some of the box scores is a little off with some of the numbers cut off. If they fix those two things, then I will have no complaints. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars a subscription worth the money, March 31, 2011
GeoHueb (Seattle, Wa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
This purchase is a no brainer for me. I enjoy reading mlb.com content but hate sitting at the computer. Good articles, great coverage around the league, and even pics. The new kindle subscription redesign really shines with this content. I am one happy baseball fan this year

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As It Should Be, July 3, 2011
bmfc1 "bmfc1" (Silver Spring, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
I'm disappointed with this publication and I don't think I'll keep it past the 14 day trial. It's nice having the articles about yesterday's games and news automatically sent to my Kindle but where are the scores? Where are today's probable pitchers? Where are the standings? Where are the stat leaders? There are only select box scores instead of all of them. This is another few pages of already existing content that is not there and it makes mlb daily not worth the $2.99 monthly fee.

1.0 out of 5 stars No daily standings or stats, June 2, 2012
Stephen Foxx (Petersburg, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
A significant reason I tried this was to download easily the daily standings and updates. When I couldn't find a daily update on standings or yesterday's games all in one spot I was disappointed. If they would include this information the daily would be well worth the cost; without it for me the product wasn't any better than a regular paper I could already get.

2.0 out of 5 stars No standings? Why is that in the description?, June 2, 2012
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
The articles are great but there are no standings or schedule. If you just want to read articles about baseball w/o subscribing to a newspaper, then go with this. It isn't worth $3 a month for us.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but can get it for free..., April 7, 2013
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
MLB.com Daily is a decent subscription if you are looking at getting a daily update of the previous day's action using a regular Kindle. If you are using your phone or a Kindle Fire you can also get the same stories via the free "MLB.com At Bat" app. That app also provides a scoreboard, team schedules, Pitching match-ups, standings, plus team and player stats.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Box Score - No Subscription, April 5, 2013
PlymouthJoe (Plymouth, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
This pub. was good before they dropped box scores . Now w/o box scores, standings or schedules, its just a compilation of game summaries . That would be acceptable if you were a "casual" fan but I thought this was specifically tailored
to the serious fan....guess not. I"ll be back when the stat's return.

3.0 out of 5 stars No box scores?, April 2, 2013
Kin (Shelbyville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MLB.com Daily (Kindle Edition)
Are they not running box scores at the end of the stories for the 2013 season? They get me through the fluff.

MLB.com Daily