Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mossy Oak Neoprene Seat Cover (Mossy Oak Infinity Camo, Durable Neoprene Fabric, Universal Design, Sold Individually)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 21, 2013
I am a surfer, paddleboarder, sailor, and sea kayak guide so I and neoprene are well acquainted.

Like almost all of the other similar universal neoprene covers with adjustable straps sold on amazon or elsewhere these are made by a sompany called SPG and are made in China.

These neoprene covers have a very strong chemical smell to them. It smells like a cross between burning rubber and olive juice. Neoprene does not and should not smell like this.

I soaked these in a tub of hot water with soap three times for hours hoping that the smell would be temporary as strong smells (off gassing) sometimes are with new products.
After their final soak and dry they still smell. It is a very strong chemical smell and not something that I would want in a small enclosed space, like a car, with me.

I suppose after a long period of use the smell might improve but the fact that the smell did not lessen after the soakings I gave these tells me that whatever toxic smelling chemical is making the smell is something that the items are made with and not just a temporary coating or by product of the manufacturing process that can be washed off.

I have been looking for a universal sized neoprene car seat with straps vs the pull over type because I know that you can adjust the strap types so that they can fit better.
The reason i was looking for the universal sized covers is because they are so much cheaper than custom cut covers and these are for an older car. I do not know how much longer the car will last and if I had universal covers at least I could continue to use them in another vehicle.

I have been disappointed with the available options. It seems that the only universal neoprene covers with straps are camo colored. I like camo but I would like to have more options.
I will try another brand and hopefully find one that doesn't have a toxic smell.

If someone out there would make some nontoxic smelling universal sized neoprene covers with adjustable straps in several color options I am betting you could sell quite a few of them.
Comment |
on February 3, 2014
Did not come close to fitting my 2004 chev pickup. not a good fit for a 1991 blazer or 93 jeep . I give up!
on February 9, 2014
wasn't EVEN CLOSE FOR FITTING THE DRIVERS SEAT OF MY 2006 f150. False advertising as far as I'm concerned
Sorry
on January 4, 2014
These are of good quality material, and look amazing; however they did not fit my husband's 2005 GMC Sierra despite their claim to be universal. They are being returned ASAP.
on February 24, 2016
ZERO odor......

VERY comfortable....

They're "universal fit" so they "universally" won't fit any seat 100% on the money. ' However, they fit my Yukon Denali seats well enough with some alterations.
on February 27, 2016
I ordered this item 5 years ago with the 4 Velcro side straps for my 2001 GMC Sierra. Fit great, loved it. So ordered another set as the original was wearing thin. No more straps as pictured, now they have a Velcro fold over flap which doesn't even come close to wrapping around bucket seat, seam ripped out while trying match up Velcro. This item IS NOT Universal and not as advertised. I didn't even get a invoice with the merchandise to return product. Do not buy as it is falsely advertised.
on January 29, 2016
Does not come close to fitting 2006 Ford F-150! This product is worthless! False advertising! I'm not sure they would even fit a Ford Focus! Also the return shipping will set you back about $20-25 dollars. Horrible product description and frustrating return.
on February 24, 2014
This did not fit in my 2004 2500HD Sierra. I was very excited to get these seat covers as I like camo, but kthey didnt even fit around either front seat.
on January 15, 2014
i went to put it on and i undid the velcro so the seatbelt could come back together and the stitching came out.. junk..
on June 5, 2015