- Size (LWH): 5 inches, 2.3 inches, 0.5 inches
- Weight: 2.08 ounces
MOTA Protective iPhone 5 Battery Case - Black Cover on Dark Gray- (2000 mAh) Works on AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon Wireless iPhone 5 With Lightning Connector Integrated
- High Capacity 2000mAh built-in battery nearly doubles the battery life of your iPhone 5. Get up to 8 hours of talk time, 10 hours of web browsing time, or 255 hours of standby time.
- Stylish, Slim Design - You will forget you are carrying extra power on the go.
- Open Access to all Ports, Functions, Controls, Speakers and Cameras
- Supports Charging and Syncing through the case via Computer USB
- LED power indicator for battery power level, on-off power to control when to use the extra power
Top Customer Reviews
This does work with iPhone 5 running iOS 6.x, but I doubt it will work with iOS 7.x because Apple put some new charging restrictions into iOS 7. My iPhone 5 is not on iOS 7 so I cannot test this.
I've had this case for only three weeks, but wanted to get the review out to assist others since this is a new product.
What I like:
1. It charges my phone as advertised. 2000 mAh is larger capacity than most other cases advertise.
2. It is about as thin as I'd expect a battery case to be- increases thickness by 7 mm (yes, I measured)
3. The charging connector is on the side, which allows the bottom to be left open for the speaker and microphone and headphones, as well as it prevents the case from being 6 mm taller than necessary, like most other battery cases. This allows you to hear your alarm if the phone is face-down. The Mophie Helium (and most others) won't do this.
4. The top of the case slides out a few mm to let the phone be removed or replaced very easily. This literally takes less than 3 seconds.
5. comes with USB micro port and cable, which is handy because almost all non-apple phones and bluetooth headsets use USB micro. Also comes with screen protector which I haven't used yet.
6. The charging shuts off automatically when the phone battery reaches 100%
7. It looks nice- I have the black case on a white iphone.
8. Doesn't seem to impact reception, but I haven't tested this thoroughly.
9. The case does not reflect light from the flash back into the lens. They did this well.
10. the on/off button on the back of the case is very well designed.Read more ›
The MOTA case has been great so far. It performs exactly as expected, basically doubling the battery life. Construction is solid, I suspect it will last a long time.
One nice bonus with this case (and maybe others) is that it is easily removable. I was hesitant about battery cases thinking that I would be stuck with a bulkier phone 100% of the time. But with the MOTA case I use it when I know I'll be out all day but easily pop it off if I dont feel like having the extra weight/bulk in my pocket. I can also charge it up and keep it in my car for emergency use.
The unit is slim in design, and if you don't mind having your phone a little thicker (7mm more) then this is great. The case has a slight bevel design which aids in using the iPhone for someone with a larger grip like myself. I actually prefer the feeling of the case to the iPhone itself.
The unit is extremely easy to install and remove by sliding the top up and inserting the lightning port into the case at a slight angle before seating the phone in and sliding the top down till it locks in place. After 6+ months, the case is still tight and secure to my phone. All ports are accessible, and the mic, camera, flash, speakers, lock switch, volume rockers, power button, and stereo jack are accessible: the power button is recessed into a cutout of the top of the case, but that is good to stop any accidental power button presses.
I have noticed that in very dark situations the flash does reverberate off of the case into the lens, causing a haze or halo in pictures. However, since the case is so easily removed, this is not a significant problem.
More significant of an issue is the accumulation of debris inside the case and on the lightning jack that can damage the finish of the phone. I have found that using a cotton swab soaked in alcohol is very good at removing grimy build up inside the case corners and walls. This debris, (including sand) is generally found in your pockets or purse, and is the leading cause of superficial damage to the phone. Weekly cleaning can eliminate damage.Read more ›
I just bought this mid 2013 and super pissed now that Mota has obviously done nothing about this. There have already been 4 minor updates since iOS7 came out and clearly Mota does not care or have any intentions to either send all its customers new ones (yep you f'd up) or get with Apple to resolve it if it can be resolved in IOS7.
Gauging from the fact that I spent $100 for what is now a paperweight, I would not give my money to this company again.
Mota nicely replaced mine. I had to pay $20, but free shipping. Personally I feel they should have not charged me a damn thing to replace this, I feel that's total BS on their part, but I'm not gonna bitch at this point. I got it in the mail today, and it's a newer model as well and works fine now with OS7.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Case battery charges as much as it should for the rating. I very rearly use this case because the phone just doesn't look/feel very protected while it's on.Published 20 months ago by Dhindtjr23
Product did not charge phone. It fit and lit up, but phone did not charge at all. I put an old one I had on the same phone and it worked.Published 21 months ago by Luther O. Perkins
I have 3 cables from this company. 1 never worked... the other 2 worked for a few weeks and then died. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Gabe Mercado
Got it on groupon and after less than 2 month of use it stopped working. Doesn't charge my phone, glitches and lights up and makes noise. Junk.Published on January 2, 2014 by Adelle
terrible. don't waste your money. phone doesn't fit properly. cannot be removed properly. complete joke. engineered by idiots. i would give it zero stars if i could.Published on December 21, 2013 by James
Worked great for four months. Doesn't charge after only 4 months. Expensive charger to only last for four months. Hope to find a better quality one.Published on December 6, 2013 by Caea
Only had this product a short time and already is malfunctioning. The only cable that will charge this thing is the one that came with and now not even that cable will charge it... Read morePublished on November 9, 2013 by Gustavo Martinez Jr
The iPhone will say it's not able to use device. I would return but can't find the box. Absolute Garbage.Published on October 11, 2013 by avinoam gabi