Redefining the tablet by providing more ways to have fun, connect with friends and stay productive on the go, the Motorola XOOM boasts a dual core processor with each core running at 1 GHz, 10.1-inch widescreen HD display, and ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking. Winner of the Best of Show award at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the XOOM also offers support for Adobe Flash Player--enabling you to view the web without compromise.
Dual-core processing, Android 3.0 Honeycomb platform, and 10.1-inch HD multi-touch display (see larger image
Front-facing camera for video chats, and rear 5-megapixel camera for HD 720p video capture (see larger image
It runs Google's Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system, which offers a multi-touch, holographic user interface that improves on Android favorites such as widgets, multi-tasking, browsing, notifications and customization. It also offers the latest Google Mobile innovations, including Google Maps 5.0 with 3D interaction, access to over 3 million Google eBooks and Google Talk with video and voice chat.
The Motorola XOOM features a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats over Wi-Fi via Google Talk, as well as a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera (with LED flash for stills) that captures video in 720p HD. The 10.1-inch display delivers console-like gaming performance on its 1280 x 800-pixel display, and it features a built-in gyroscope, barometer, e-compass, accelerometer, and adaptive lighting for new types of applications.
Other features include a 32 GB internal memory, memory expansion via optional microSD cards (with future software upgrade), 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail, HD 1080p video playback, HDMI output for connecting to a compatible HDTV or monitor, and a 3250 mAh battery for up to 10 hours of Wi-Fi internet browsing.
Android 3.0 Honeycomb
Specifically optimized for devices with larger screen sizes such as tablets, the Android 3.0 platform (dubbed Honeycomb) introduces a brand new, truly virtual and "holographic" UI design. With five customizable home screens, you can easily access your favorite live widgets or application shortcuts. Each screen features a familiar launcher to access to all installed applications, as well as a Search box for universal search of apps, contacts, media files, web content, and more.
Multitasking in Android 3.0 is easier than ever, and you can use the Recent Apps list in the System Bar to see the tasks underway and quickly jump from one application context to another. You'll even see a snapshot of the last screen viewed in that app as a visual reminder. The Android onscreen keyboard has also been redesigned to make entering text fast and accurate on larger screen sizes.
Other features in Android 3.0 Honeycomb include:
Scrollable and stackable widgets.
- Scrollable and stacked widgets let you scroll or flick through content within the widget itself, on the home page, without opening the application.
- Unobtrusive notification system displays icons for different notifications (messages, downloads, system updates, etc.) in the lower right corner. Just touch the digital time display to open the entire notification panel.
- Redesigned YouTube application with a cool 3D gallery.
- Android Market for Android 3.0 is your one-stop-shop for eBooks, games, and applications.
Power Accessories beyond the Charger
The Motorola XOOM has a wide range of optional accessories to expand its power and capabilities. The "smart docks" are no longer just a place to charge your device; they make Motorola XOOM a portable play and work station that fits your lifestyle. The Standard Dock can be used for watching video content or listening to music through external speakers as the device charges. The Speaker HD Dock allows you to send HD content directly to your TV or blast your tunes without attaching external speakers.
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services.
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street, satellite, and three-dimensional landscape views.
Optional speaker dock.
Now Upgradable to Android 3.2
- Support for the new Android Market Movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM's high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI.
- Full support for the new release of Adobe Flash Player 10.2 delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web.
- Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens.
- Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras.
- Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google TalkTM video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
- Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers.
All the Power of XOOM
- First access to Honeycomb upgrades.
- Productivity-pumping 1GHz dual-core processor
- Movie rentals and downloads from Android MarketTM
| || |
Communications & Internet
- Video chat on Google Talk with any other Google Talk-enabled device (smartphone, tablet, or PC).
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange and push Gmail).
- Desktop-like web browser (HTML5-based Android Webkit) with tabbed browsing and Chrome bookmark sync.
Design and Hardware
- 1 GHz dual-core processor enables web browsing at unprecedented speed and accelerated multi-tasking.
- Integrated NVIDIA graphics delivers smooth, full frame-rate 1080p HD video playback
- 1 GB of DDR2 RAM
- 10.1-inch multi-touch HD display (1280 x 800 pixels; 150p per inch) with 720p video capture and pinch-to-zoom navigation.
- Onscreen keyboard
- 32 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (functionality requires future software upgrade).
- HDMI audio/video port enables you to output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (1080p) via HDMI cable (sold separately).
- Micro USB port (not for charging)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Data encryption ensures the privacy and security of data on your tablet.
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera for optimized resolution when capturing photos on the go. Includes dual-LED flash, auto-focus, and digital zoom.
- 2-megapixel front-facing web cam for video chats. Includes indicator light when used.
- HD 720p video capture capabilities
- Instantly upload video to sharing sites or view and edit on the fly.
- Music player compatible with MP3 and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4 and H.264/H.263
The Motorola XOOM weighs 25 ounces and measures 9.8 x 6.6 x 0.5 inches. Its 3250 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 10 hours of video playback, up to 10 hours of Wi-Fi web browsing, and up to 3.3 days of MP3 playback.
What's in the Box
Motorola XOOM handset, charger, data cable, quick start guide, user manual
Also Available for This Android Device