4.0 out of 5 stars A revolutionary product
In the hands of people that do not have and have never had electricity this is a life changing product. But, lets rein in the claims a bit. It takes direct sun to get a full charge and from my tests on the 6 lanterns that I bought it is about an hour per hour trade off, hour of sun, hour of good light. On a day of fairly bright overcast my lantern just charged enough to...
Published on January 22, 2013 by Gary

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept, so-so performance
The idea of a solar powered lantern is a great idea, but after a few months of testing, I found the solar panel doesn't do a great job of charging the unit, even after a couple of days in direct sunlight. I don't question the build quality, which is fine, but I suspect the solar panel lacks the efficiency needed to fully charge the battery. After putting it in direct...
Published 22 months ago by T Chin

‹ Previous | 15 6 754 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little light for emergencies, December 30, 2012
John A. Cashman (Princeton, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
We bought two Lucis to keep in our house in case of emergency. When Hurricane Sandy knocked out our power, our two little Lucis were able to provide a reliable source of light. During the day we were able to charge it up outside so we could use it again at night. Great product to have for emergencies and when you are off the grid camping or in the backyard on a summer night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, cute and practical, March 7, 2013
I go off road in the the desert a lot and carry a lot of emergency gear. Always flashlights and batteries. These lights take up no room, are very lite wright and use no batteries. They work well and I have used them many times

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice lamp at a good price!, November 2, 2014
These lamps are great! This is a great light for camping as it compacts small, inflates nice and is bright. I grabbed some for Christmas gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased - Happy Camper!, December 3, 2014
This review is from: MPOWERD Luci Inflatable Solar Lantern (Sports)
I've been using this product since I received it in the mail in May 2014. I camped at least 3-7 nights a month May-October and it worked great every time! It also sparks a lot of conversation - people are always asking what it is and where I got it, and it usually leads into a conversation about energy saving products. One downside is the inflation/deflation - I keep mine inflated all the time because I was concerned I'd pull too hard when trying to inflate it (it really flattens down to nothing and you have to tug a bit to begin the inflation). However, if you need to deflate it, that's super easy. Other than that, no problems. I love that it has 2 different levels of light intensity, as well as a blinking option. It lights up my whole tent - now I just need to find a way to attach it to the ceiling of my tent to act as a "chandelier" :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars luck is incredible, March 9, 2013
We took her on a camping trip and everyone one we saw wanted one. She is a great invention- works as advertised, travels well, and is just so unique that we bought more for gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure to bite down on the valve to inflate, September 13, 2014
This review is from: MPOWERD Luci Inflatable Solar Lantern (Sports)
First saw this little inflatable lantern at a climbing convention about a year ago. One of the vendor booths had hung it up and I was much more excited about this lantern (which they did not have for sale) than all the climbing gear they were selling! I've taken it camping and after much skepticism from my friends at first, they admit that it's pretty cool.

Usage note: although the instructions that are shipped with the product fail to state this (you have to actually go to the MPowered website to download the complete user instructions) in order to inflate or deflate the lantern you actually need to bite down on the valve as you blow it up or deflate it, otherwise the valve does not open.

5.0 out of 5 stars But will say I like the lux even more, November 1, 2014
But will say I like the lux even more! Provides a great amount of light. Haven't tested how long the charge lasts

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool but..., June 21, 2013
OK, this thing is ingenious in many ways and frankly, it puts out more light than I expected...as much as some other lights costing way more. And it works - I've run it through several charging cycles at this point. But I'm not real clear on the value of blowing it up. It makes me think of a cheap beach ball and I wonder if it will stand up to harsh treatment. Once blown up, there is a reflective coating on the bottom side of the top lid (where "Luci" is printed in the pic). That reflects the light from the LEDS back down and out the side of the blown up cylinder. But why? Place it on a table for reading in the dark and it seems that much of the light is wasted as it radiates out in a circle. You can't focus the light anywhere as you typically can do with other solar lamps. Yet there is that attractive price. So if you need cheap, wide area (circular pattern) lighting, this will work. Good for a cheap emergency light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic light! I have used it 2 time for ..., July 29, 2014
This review is from: MPOWERD Luci Inflatable Solar Lantern (Sports)
Fantastic light! I have used it 2 time for backcountry backpacking. It is light and durable, I have it hanging on the outside of my pack during the day, deflated, to catch the sun, and use the low setting at night. On the low setting (which is still pretty bright) it lasts all night, on high it goes out sometime when I am sleeping, but well after the 6 hour mark. I am planning on getting at least one more, and my kids are always trying to take it, so I know I will end up getting at least 2 more after that.

Well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars green AND beautiful, February 14, 2013
Took this camping with the kids and it was perfect to read a couple of chapters of Harry Potter in the tent before bed, for them to carry on trips to the toilet and the like. Charge seems to hold for ages, and it's so beautiful everyone we've met now wants one. How great is it to find something that lets you avoid the cost of batteries, do your bit to reduce climate change, and look good at the same time? Love how it squashes flat for easy storage and carrying too.

‹ Previous | 15 6 754 | Next ›