5.0 out of 5 stars Good but not complete post workout recovery, more BCAAs
This is a great product at an amazing price with some misleading labeling. This is a BCAA mix with Glutamine and Beta Alanine. While it may not taste as good as artificial chemicals to some people, keep in mind you are exercising to do something good to your body, and make no mistake about it: ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS ARE CHEMICALS!

Glutamine is an amino acid that is...
Published 11 months ago by Max Power

3.0 out of 5 stars New and improved?
Published 13 months ago by J. Sayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but not complete post workout recovery, more BCAAs, August 29, 2013
This review is from: MRM Natural Reload Nutritional Supplement, Watermelon, 330 Grams (Health and Beauty)

Glutamine is an amino acid that is depleted after intense exercise, making it a conditionally essential amino acid.

Beta Alanine is an amino acid that increases the concentration of carnosine in muscles, decrease fatigue in athletes and increase total muscular work done. Carnosine has a number of antioxidant properties. Carnosine is typically found in meat. It can be a useful supplement for vegetarian body builders as it's not typically found in their diet. I would point out it isn't critical to see results either.

Most post workout recovery mixes will also have loads of antioxidants and vitamins, not just an amino acid profile. While amino acids are antioxidants, they aren't a super-antioxidant. For example Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator, Tropical, 19 Ouncehas curicumin which is a potent super-antioxidant. Notice there is also a huge price difference. And the vega sport doesn't have a BCAA profile, just 4grams of pea protein.

The vega sport focuses on anti-oxidants and vitamins, which is what most true recovery mixes do. This MRM mix is more of a tweaked branched chain amino acid (BCAA) supplement.

Hope that helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars New and improved?, June 30, 2013
I've used this product in the past and chose it largely because everyone says BCAA supplements taste awful but this one was ok. So this was the first and only BCAAs that I've tried. I did find the taste pretty mild and didn't have any problem drinking it. The supplement itself is good for my fasted workouts and I take some pre- and post-workout. No problems with the supplement, it is very high quality.

In any case, my last jar was running out so I ordered a new jar which says "New and Improved" on the front. I'm not sure exactly was has changed, but the taste has taken a turn for the worse. I can barely choke the stuff down now. I may seek an alternative brand/flavor when this jar runs out.

One thing that did improve was my old Reload would "froth" and after I drank the liquid, I would often have to take a spoon and eat the froth. This seems to have gotten a lot better and I don't notice frothing hardly at all with the new version. However, I did recently switch to shaking the mix in a sealed container instead of stirring and that had already improved the frothing. I highly recommend shaking to mix instead of stirring.

4.0 out of 5 stars New to BCAAs, June 12, 2013
This is the second brand of BCAAs I use. I have been using this for about two weeks now and and I have been dropping body fat while maintaining muscle mass. The powder dissolves very easily and the taste is a 7 out of 10 because it taste too sweet for me. Overall I really like this product and the price even better. I would buy it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, June 11, 2013
I drink this during my workouts. Love the taste. Love the mixability. Love that it has NO artificial anything! I need to re-order soon! Love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars disgusting taste but I think its working, January 30, 2014
When I read the negative reviews for this, I just thought ppl had sensitive palates and I was sure it would taste fine.
I was wrong. VERY wrong.
It definitely tastes like puke. I tried drinking it in very cold water, and it was a no-go. Same for drinking it in room temp water.
I would stop drinking it except it feel like its working. Less aches and pain and extra energy.
I now take it like a shot with a lime chaser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ... MUCH better than their other BCAA, November 6, 2012
I'm writing this review for the WATERMELON flavor Reload.

Note: this does not apply to their other BCAA products.

I'm a big fan of MRM. I take this along with their excellent Omega - CLA/GLA EFA complex (which is awesome).

This can of BCAA will last me a long while. I use two scoops in my pre-workout shake and two-scoops in my post-workout shake.

It mixes well, unlike their other BCAA, and the flavor is really good.

For recovery at night I mix this with an Emergen-C packet and the flavors match well enough.

For my pre-workout shake I use a scoop of Ronnie Coleman's Testogen or Myoplex (super awesome products), and two scoops of this amino complex. They work beautifully in tandem and my workouts have been super intense with this setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great All-Natural BCAA Product, May 31, 2013
I've been using this product for several months now and am really happy with it. It's difficult finding all-natural fitness supplements especially at an affordable rate, but MRM continues to deliver. I don't use this as post-workout, but I add it to my water bottle and start drinking just before and continue to sip during my workouts. Most of my workouts are a combo of functional, plyometric, and weightlifting movements.

Let's face facts -- it's pretty darn difficult to prove that the supplements we take do what they claim to do, at least without carefully applying the scientific method to our experiments. I frankly can't claim that this one truly helps with recovery or with any of the other things that people say like that it reduces soreness, etc, although I ran out recently and had a few workouts without it while waiting for the delivery. I did seem to struggle a little bit more during the workouts, but there are other factors and so I can't claim that it was because of the lack of BCAA supplement.

I can say that while I've been using BCAAs consistently for the last 6+ months along with very strict diet and 5-7 workouts a week, I've seen some very good progress -- but again, I can't point to how much of that is directly attributed to this supplement.

The flavor of the product is great -- mostly because it's not sickeningly sweet and since it doesn't use sucralose it doesn't leave that strange, slick mouthfeel after drinking it. I'm so satisfied with this product that I don't feel the need to continue shopping around for any other BCAAs, it suits me just fine and I'll continue using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Powder, April 7, 2014
I prefer a more natural base without Sucralose, Apartame, Aces-K, etc. It does contain Stevia and small amount o Xylitol (not enough to give a sugar alcohol side effect). Don't assume it is going to be as sweet as other sugared powders but it is is still flavored enough that I enjoy using it. As long as it is available this is my Post-Workout powder of choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., December 1, 2013
I've been using this for almost two weeks. This has what you really need(glutamine),the taste isn't that bad if you mix it well with water. This is the only post workout supplement I've had, and I'd definitely recommend it. I'm never sore for more than a day with this product. I usually have really bad DOMS but thanks to this product I've been hitting the gym more often than before. Needless to say I'm not a loyal customer. For only $15 this is a must buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars try it and you might like it., September 26, 2013
Zen "zen" (Around the World) - See all my reviews
1st few drinks doesn't taste good but later on it will be like juices. Best of all is, all natural ingredients.

Rate and Discover Movies