More About the Author
Pamela Ditchoff lives in Liverpool, Nova Scotia.
In the mid-1980's, Ditchoff worked at WFSL-TV47 in Lansing, Michigan as head copywriter/creative consultant and then as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at Michigan State University. During this period, her early fiction and poetry was published in various literary magazines..
Ditchoff's first book, Poetry: One, Two, Three, was published by Interact Press, an educational publisher, in 1989, as a guide for teaching poetry in the classroom.
In 1993, Ditchoff was recognized in Who's Who in Writers, Editors & Poets: United States & Canada, 1992-1993 for her significant literary contributions.
Ditchoff's first novel,The Mirror of Monsters and Prodigies, Coffee House Press, 1995, was a semi-fictional oral history of dwarves, giants, conjoined twins, bearded women, and other special people. The book was featured in a segment on NPR's All Things Considered.
In 2003, Ditchoff's second novel, Seven Days & Seven Sins, was published by Shaye Areheart Books at Random House. Labeled a modern-day Our Town, the novel explored the subtle tragedies and the hope for redemption tucked deep inside every house in an average suburban neighborhood in Lansing, Michigan.
Ditchoff moved to Liverpool in 2006 and completed her third novel, Mrs. Beast, about the lives of the Grimm's Fairy Tales princesses after they said "I Do". Stewart O'Nan, author of Snow Angels, said: "Mrs. Beast riffs on the story of Beauty and the Beast in a funky, contemporary way, much like Anne Sexton's Transformations took on the fairy tale, or John Gardner in his children's books. Pamela is a writer of great talent, ambition, and accomplishment."
Mrs. Beast was published by Stay Thirsty Press, a division of Stay Thirsty Media, Inc., in March 2009, first as an eBook on the Amazon Kindle Platform for the Kindle, the iPhone and the iPod touch.
In September, 2010, Stay Thirsty Press published Ditchoff's sequel to Mrs. Beast, Princess Beast.
The Book Of Leaves was pubished in May, 2012 by Amazon's Create Space.
* The Book Of Leaves, May, 2012
* Princess Beast, Stay Thirsty Press, 2010.
* Mrs. Beast, Stay Thirsty Press, 2009. ASIN: B001YQF59K 
* Seven Days & Seven Sins, Shaye Areheart Books, Random House, 2003.
ISBN 978-0609609798 
* The Mirror of Monsters and Prodigies, Coffee House Press, 1995.
ISBN 978-1566890359 
* Lexigram Learns America's Capitals, Interact Press, 1992
* Poetry: One, Two, Three, Interact Press, 1989
Poetry and short fiction
* Lakeside Park Concert, Gargoyle #48, 2005
* Fourteen in I Am Becoming The Woman I Wanted, Papier-Mache Press, 1994
* Concert in the Bread Loaf Barn, Whose Woods These Are, David Bain ed.,
Ecco Press, 1993.
* This Year's Venison in Vital Lines: Contemporary Fiction About Medicine,
Jon Mukand, MD ed., St. Martin's Press, 1990.
* Walter Dakin Fellow, Sewanee Writers' Conference, 1998.
* Who's Who in Writers, Editors & Poets: United States & Canada,
* John Ciardi Scholar, Bread Loaf Writers' Conference, 1991.
* Winner, Chicago ReviewAward in Fiction, 1991.
* Michigan Addy Award for Excellence as producer/director of Artpeace, 1984.