5.0 out of 5 stars Pooping with the Stars
Published on September 7, 2010 by jesse swaffar

Published on May 11, 2012 by Cooper's Dad

5.0 out of 5 stars Pooping with the Stars, September 7, 2010
This might look like your ordinary commode, but don't be fooled. This pot ain't for the weekend crapper or hobbyist. But if you're as serious about your bowel movement as I am, then this is the penultimate pooper. I was very unhappy with my TOTO NEXUS GT350 so, understandably, I was a little gun-shy about dropping the coin on TOTO again, but they didn't disappoint a second time. This rig can take anything you can throw at it. I used to be embarrassed when guests used my restroom after I left something that was unflushable. Maybe I have too much fiber and protein in my diet. Maybe I'm a freak of nature. Either way, those shameful days are behind me. The TOTO Ultimate handles any workload without breaking a sweat. No log too long; no poo too plump. And the comfort? Woooo-EEEEEE. I sometimes find myself sitting on this baby for hours on end. Even as I write this review, I'm sitting atop my TOTO. So comfortable is the seat that I often look forward to the next time I need to "make a big stink." Sometimes, it is the highlight of my day. During these brief, intimate minutes my TOTO and I become One. The price may be a little higher than your standard bowl, but let's face it. Aren't you at your most vulnerable when sitting on the throne? Why would you want anything less than the best?

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, January 16, 2012
Builtmany "Ralo69" (Scotch Plains, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
As for performance this gets 5 stars all the way. I have installed this model in many homes and everyone loves just loves it. I have literally installed this model Toto 20 times over and have never had one complaint. I can say in my own home going on 7 years, I never used a plunger and also never touched it to make a single repair. It is also Toto's most economical model in a one piece design. The Supreme is the only other Toto one piece I recommend without spending too much money although the Ultimate does flush slightly better. Don't even bother looking at other brands for what they offer under at this price or even under $500 because Toto is the winner hands down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still can't believe I bought a toilet online, November 5, 2012
This review is from: TOTO MS853113#01 Ultimate Round One Piece Toilet, Cotton White (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is a review of the toilet and the deal itself.

I received this toilet for about $350 shipped to my door, including a soft-close seat. I had a plumber involved in a bathroom remodel and he complimented the brand as having very few problems and quality construction, and complimented the deal itself. He was also impressed with the small footprint of the toilet and the fact it was shipped to me - he is now considering the same for some jobs.

...

The toilet is amazingly small. I was putting this in a small bathroom, and it opened up the room without a doubt. It's not too heavy for a one-piece - easy for one person to manuever if you have some grip and back strength, as it's still awkward.

The underside of the toilet does NOT have any notable recess. It essentially sits flush to the flange/ground. It was my fault for not checking the height of my flange, which fit an old toilet just fine - it was too high for this toilet. I had to put in a new, nearly flush flange. No big deal in the grand scheme of things.

The toilet lid is tiny and sits on TOP of the toilet, it does not fit OVER the toilet like I was used to. It sits secure with some velcro. This is novel, and does reduce the size of the toilet look, but is unusual.

The seat, when shut, is slanted forwards. Sitting on the toilet with the seat shut is a bit odd - not uncomfortable, but just odd. The seat itself is small, appropriate for the toilet, and very well constructed. The soft close seat is a bit annoying from time to time, but does exactly what it's intended to do - it won't slam. Ever.

The toilet flushes quietly, fills incredibly quickly, and is overall nearly silent for a toilet.

It does not 'scrub' the bowl on the first flush. I have had to flush a second time, but every-time the second flush leaves it spotless - so obviously the porcelain finish is quite fine.

I put this in a bathroom refinished with medium-level materials and it fits perfectly. This is definitely not "builder-grade", looks very nice, is very quiet, fits well in small bathrooms, and is overall a great toilet.

The fact you can order it shipped to your door is worth $25-50 to me in terms of convenience and was far smoother than I expected. Highly recommend this product and buying it through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this one...not the Sanigloss version, January 24, 2012
I've now purchased two of these toilets. The first model I paid the extra and got the "Sani-gloss" option. That toilet flushes well, but everything sticks to it and it get dirty easily. This toilet stays cleaner and is much easier to clean because traditional cleaning products with bleach can be used. The toilets have received many compliments...something that I think is rare because I've never complimented someone on their toilet...perhaps because they didn't have a TOTO?

UPDATE: This toilet has a soft rubber flapper that covers the 3" flush valve in the tank. There have been a few occasions when the toilet is flushed and the flapper will not sit correctly over the flush valve. This causes the toilet to continue to run or have a small leak. The more I read, it's a very common problem with TOTO toilets. The problem can be corrected with a $15 replacement part sold at some of the big home stores. Overall, we are still very happy with this toilet and I have purchased a second one for my parent's bathroom remodel. The style and function fit well with a more modern home.

5.0 out of 5 stars toto toilet, November 16, 2009
Patti G. Weber (mccomb, ms United States) - See all my reviews
quiet, powerful flush, streamlined design, great product for the money and the toto name stands in a class alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The packaging problem has been solved, February 19, 2012
Amazon has improved the packaging of this merchandise. My toilet, in addition to its original carton box, was placed in a wooden crate on a wooden pallet. People from the shipping company unloaded my toilet with care. A very nice job! Thank you, Eric for sharing your unpleasant purchasing experience with us. Your one-star review has contributed to Amazon's improvements. Amazon is a very disciplined seller. I love to shop with Amazon. :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly a great toilet but until it's packaged better, we'll not know, May 11, 2012
Cooper's Dad (carmel, in USA) - See all my reviews
Both the original purchase of this toilet and, one week later, its replacement, arrived with breakage at the bottom of the base, where it would meet the floor. Packaging consists only of corrugated cardboard, double-layered in some places, but when the cartoned toilet is lifted and set down repeatedly either in transit or as it is moved around inside a warehouse or distribution center, the double layer of cardboard at the bottom of the carton simply doesn't provide enough protection.
After two deliveries (and very helpful Amazon large item customer service people along the way), I'm giving up and cancelling the order. Too bad, because an undamaged unit bought locally will cost me $100 to $200 more at local plumbing supply houses.
(And yes, the one-star rating may seem unfair but after all, it's the manufacturer's packaging, not Amazon's. Toto should provide a container that is as reliable as the product they sell.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A word about the packaging, August 19, 2013
Joe C (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
I haven't installed this yet, but there's plenty of reviews praising the flushing prowess of this toilet. I'm sure I'll be happy with it, otherwise I will revise. I wanted to talk about the packaging, since the only negative reviews has been about the lack of protection. I was hesitant to order this because of those reviews. I know Amazon would have taken care of any problems but I didn't want to ship this back and forth, it's heavy.
All I can say about the packaging is fantastic. The toilet was covered 360 in insulating foam (the kind out of a can that expands when you spray it). The foam itself was in plastic garbage bags, so not actually touching the toilet. You probably could have dropped this out of the truck and it would've been fine. So, if your worried about ordering a toilet online, don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toilet I've ever owned, October 26, 2013
The product description for the MS853113-01 above says it HAS the "SanaGloss" option. We bought one back in 2009, and it arrived with SanaGloss. The surface is extremely slippery. We're veny happy. Nothing sticks to it. It stays far cleaner than any toilet I've ever had. There is no deterioration of the surface. I have never needed to use bleach. I won't have anything but SanaGloss.

I just ordered a second one from Amazon. I hope it arrives with SanaGloss, or I'm sending it back for misrepresentation. Note that the Toto site lists only the MS853113-01S, not the MS853113-01, and the 'S' version does not have SanaGloss. So I don't know what the 'S' option means. It may not have anything to do with SanaGloss.

This toilet has a powerful flush and rarely clogs. It has a fast cycle tiime. It flushes quickly, and because of the low water usage, it refills quickly. None of that interminable swirling during the flush and hissing during refilling.

I'm especially happy with the small size and low profile. It takes less space which is nice for small bathrooms. The lid is small and slightly rounded on top which effectively prevents the irritating book-stacking that you see with flat top lids. The only drawback is that during installation, the single large piece is heavier to wrassle than the bottom piece of a traditional two piece toilet. It takes real muscle to lift into place.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, December 26, 2011
I have never been this excited about a toilet in my entire life. It was very easy to set, it flushes like a pro, and uses so little water. I rave about this to my friends and they think I am a bit off, going on about a toilet like I do. Seriously, a great product and at a great price.