Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Color: Cotton White|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on February 18, 2010
I ordered this toilet based on the many positive reviews and so far I have not been disappointed. The only cons are the toilet seat is not as comfortable as flat correctly angled seat. I do like the controlled opening and closing mechanism though. Be warned you cannot use bleach on Sanagloss toilets. It would have been nice to know that upfront. In spite of that I highly recommend this toilet.
on September 28, 2011
I remodeled my bathroom and wanted a one piece toilet. The Toto is nice looking and very comfortable. I love the soft close lid. Within the first week I had a clog and I was really nervous that I made a big mistake. I've had the toilet for almost a year now and it hasn't clogged since, so I'm assuming it just needed to settle after the installation. I'm not sure the Sanagloss makes much of a difference. It does stay clean in general, but sometimes I get 'remnants' which are very stubborn and need to be brushed off. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase.

BTW - Unlike some others I had absolutely no issue with delivery.
on December 17, 2012
I have used this toilet for almost a year. It is an effective appliance that wasn't difficult to install for the first-time installer. The flush is very effective; it "gulps" liquid and solids down with little swirling motion. Though it has a powerful flush, it will plug up. It is generally quiet except for the one second it gulps everything down. Sanagloss is very easy to keep clean. While I would like to install this toilet in every bathroom in the house, my decorator wife is disappointed that the tank top is small and slightly slanted down, so she is unable to put nic-nacs and such on top. Oh well.
on July 1, 2010
Toto is a good line and I have them in all my bathrooms. The Ultramax is a fine toilet and after 3 years, it continues to work fine (Soiree also good). The Sanigloss, however, is a huge scam. Do NOT get it. It actually makes it harder to clean the bowl. Toto should have done a recall on Sanigloss a long time ago. Thank goodness I only got it on one toilet.
66 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2014
We've had this toilet for several years. It has been very functional the whole time, flushing and doing it's job well. It's also a space saver, and is one of the few that fits nicely into the spot in our bathroom where the toilet has to go. For example, the Toto Drake would not fit there. Cleaning this one is also easier because of the SanaGloss finish, which provides a slicker surfacefor cleaning.

There are two things about this toilet.that I would point out. First, at the end of the flush there's a noise from the abruptness of the refill turning off, a kind of mechanical tooty noise thing. Hard to describe, but when you're flushing late at night, or when someone is napping in the next room, it is a bit disturbing. Not nearly as loud as the Gerber Ultraflush that we have downstairs, but the abruptness of it makes it a little disturbing. You get used to that. Toto sent me a replacement filler valve which I put it, but it makes the same noise at the end of the refill. So it goes.

The other thing is about the rubber flapper thing at the bottom of the toilet that is pulled up to flush, and then is dropped back down so that the tank can refill. The part of the flapper that pivots on the bottom of the center refill tube has about 1/4 or 1/2 inch space (play) on each side of it that's just extra space (at least on my toilet). So, in my view, that part of the flapper is not made right, it should be wider there, so that there isn't so much space for side-to-side movement. When the flapper gets over to one side, it leaks, and you can hear and see water running into the refill tube to compensate. To fix this, I put an o-ring on the side of the flapper that it tends to drift towards, which keeps the flapper seating properly and keeps it from leaking. Later models may have this fixed, I hope so, but if you're experiencing this, there's a simple, cheap fix for it. The reason that this comes to mind is that it was leaking this morning, after about 3 years, and I noticed that the o-ring was gone, so I replaced it. I'm assuming that it worked its way off and got flushed *smile*.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with this toilet, especially the flushing and also the ease of cleaning with the SanaGloss finish. It's on my all-time list of toilets that I would have again (along with the Gerber Ultraflush).
on February 16, 2015
be wary, we alrady had one of these and they work great, only problem with this one was a chip in clear view. Not worth the return process but a pain nevertheless.
on November 30, 2011
All the good things that people say are true....but i just have one complaint. When I go poop I tend to have a splat or two. These "splats" stick to the wall and dispite the sanagloss, they do not get eliminated with a flush.....so i take my handy dandy brush and, just using the bowl water, clean the wall by hand...and it cleans very easily due to the sanagloss finish and another flush sends all to oblivion. I love the seat, it is by far the best I have ever had.