5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing portable power!
Published 23 months ago by Bryan Nelson

1.0 out of 5 stars MSI GT70 0NE-276US
Published 24 months ago by Rob68

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing portable power!, August 30, 2012
This review is from: MSI Computer Corp. Notebook Computer GT70 0NE-276US;9S7-176212-276 17.3-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Purchased this laptop through excaliberPC due to it not being available on Amazon and have been Really impressed. The Raid 0 is what sold me on the product. I love the look and feel of the laptop it's sturdy and durable and weighs a ton. The thing I found most impressive was that this was the first laptop I have ever had that wasn't preloaded with a bunch of junk. I upgraded windows with a fresh install and actually immediately went back to MSI's site to redownload all of the utilities that came with the laptop as I actually missed having them and found that anything that was provided was actually a useful piece of software specifically for this laptop that enhanced the experience. I will note that as one user mentioned previously because you are using a mobile version of Nvidia's kepler architecture it comes pre-set to optimize power consumption and not use the Nvidia card unless needed. This will cause your system to appear like it doesn't recognize the card. Simply go into Nvidia's dashboard and adjust it's settings to use the GTX 680m card only and you will see a major increase in performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars MSI Gaming Laptop, December 17, 2012
I bought this laptop after a lot of searching. I was finally in a postition to pull the trigger on something rediculously over-priced.

Before I purchased this laptop I was considering going with a Lenova, but I wanted all the shiny extras like the glowing keyboard that is very personalizable.
First thing I noticed was that the keyboard backlit system stopped working with one of the LED's on the WASD section of the keyboard, including the headphone jack light (which I thought was cool) both stoppped working within the first few days.

The GTX680 is future proof. I won't have to replace this laptop for at least 10 years or until the next gen of gaming arrives.
I went with the 17.3in screen, 1900x1080 resolution. Everything looks amazing, I haven't bought Witcher 2 (and don't plan to) but that has been the only game at this time that people have said they have problems running on max settings.
I have the 750Gig hard drive with a 256SSD, 16g(4x4g) ram.

I have all of my games on max including Skyrim, Borderlands 2, COD Black Ops 2, BF3 (and more downloading) andthey all run amazing.

If I were to do anything different, I would have went with the GTX 675 or the GTX 660, with the higher front side buss 3Megs at least.

This is only because $2,300 is a lot more than $1,700 and IMO not worth the slightly upgraded videocard and 128 extra gigs of SSD.

I am usually a very good deal hunter but this was a gift to myself after buying a crappy non gaming laptop and having buyer's remorse.

I am very happy with this purchase. I hope this helps anyone looking to buy something similiar.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best gaming laptops around, October 16, 2012
Kuk (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This is now my fourth gaming laptop, never i have ever said completly i don't miss my desktop on my trips, lets face it desktop hardware is just faster as it has much more space to fit bigger coolers, bigger psu, etc. But now im completely amazed with the MSI GT70one, the GTX680m is a really great card, specially for laptops, its very close to the performance of a desktp GTX570, something that imo is truly epic, it run Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 max settings with no hiccups whatsoever even on dense npc areas, niether of those two games are very demanding, but once you have big armys or huger mobs to kill, it will slow down any laptop gpu, with MSi... its like having my desktop on the go.

The Laptop is beautiful imo, the screen is matte (yes no more reflections like asus), the speakers are best in the market second to none, even Asus that has good speakers on the G73/G74 cant compete with dynaudio setup the msi has. The keyboard is a pleasure to work with, its a chiclet island type of keys, but very responsive and you can customize the colors in 3 zones, only thing tha sucks big time is the microphone but not like i see a laptop with a decent one, i always use external in my gaming or video conferencing, and the second drawback is that its not as quiet as my Asus G73, not saying noisy, but you defently know the fan is on, where at times with my Asus i was amazed into how quiet it was.

One thing that i would have love to see was MSI using Samsung 830 msata, i haven't seen hit retail, but i seen them OEM, this imo would been a perfect combo for such a great laptop, still the included ssds are amazing fast and i dont have issues yet, but personally i don't like sanforce controllers... but i guess time will tell.

This is truly a laptop that will handle almost any game at max settings, and probably anything, even encoding. Its expensive, but i dont regret what i spend on it, if you have the means, treat yourself with this super powerful laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Wow. This PC is a BEAST, October 15, 2012
I am going to do a more in depth Review, but Ill sum it up .. This thing smokes.. and for those of you riding the fence between this and the M17 R4 2012 model...GET THIS ONE! In some of the GPU Benchmarking, the ALienware beat out this system by just hairs, but that was with stock configurations out of the box.. Once one learns how to utilize this machines Overclock ability It smokes the Alienware. Now Im not going to lie, the GT700NE is not the prettiest Gaming Rig on the block, but what you get is uncanny gaming performance, It laughs at every game I've thrown at it on Ultra settings, getting at least 80-90 frames a second and on some 140+.. The only game I haven't tried is the Witcher2, which I hear is too ridiculous even for Desktop Rigs. Yeah the Alienware is SEXY,, I mean real sexy. But Im very glad I went with the MSI.. You will easily pay 1,000 more for the same specs on the ALienware, not to mention the M17's GTX 680M Only sports 2GB of Video Ram, while the MSI has 4GB...At the same time though the Alienware has the 120HZ screen, ready for 3D gaming(a gimick IMO), but barley has the Ram to back it.. The GT70 DOES NOT have a 120HZ screen but will laugh at a 3D compattible game if you hook up to a 120HZ Monitor. My only complaint would be MSI's Customer support, I called them for something simple and was on the phone with machines for over an hour, and had to end up leaving a message just to get called back 3 days later. Alienware(Dell) has unrivaled customer support, and will even come to your house if you buy a warranty through them, WHICH YOU SHOULD BE DOING IF BUYING EITHER ONE OF THESE MACHINES. WIll add more later

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Look at those Alienwares, BUY IT, December 27, 2012
I spent about half a month pondering whether i should buy an Alienware of similar specs of go for this one because I did not have a very impressive picture of MSI in my mind.
But i finally hedged my bets and went with this one. And damn i was right. This thing is a beast. It will laugh at any game you throw at it, including BF3. It gives a 60 FPS on BF3 Ultra settings but when you set it to low(which really doesnt make a difference) it gives you a constant 100+.
The SSD Raid 0 Configuration makes this thing boot up in a WHOOPING 9 seconds !!
This is mobile gaming at its best and at a relatively cheap cost ! Don't waste your money in those Alienware's just go ahead and buy this one, you shall not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars wauw, December 24, 2012
Worked perfect out of the box. Gaming is insane......... I LOVE it.
the superraid SSDs is so fast forget about any delays when installing.

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 on Gaming, September 11, 2012
its really amazing Gaming laptop ...

boot up so fast and even its with original format i didnt reformat it to clean it up am planning to do it later ^_^

with this stuff and so much app run on back its still sooooo fast

so about the Design its really waaaaw finished and the LED on keyboard its make me love to play on dark XD

MSI and SteelSeries did an amazing keyboard its really for gaming and they even change the window icon than usually
problem for gamers that play on full window mode ....

sound hmmm for the laptop yes its amazing but i was thinking its will be more better but its still best sound i test it on laptop ...

cooling !! before i was thinking its just has one big fan on the left so ... can it handle the gtx680 ?!

yes its can and even its make the heat less than other laptop like alienware why ? " thnx for the fan turbo" ^_^

on just few sec u can see the heat go out

and even u can on one click over clock it wen u feel u need more power in game :) with Turbo button

hmmm what more i forgot ? battry ? its good for laptop use but for gaming u can use it its so its better to remove it and plug the cable :) that why u can safe ur batter for out door ;)

i dont know whats more i can add cuz i have Game to play now XD ... Guild War 2 with max stetting on PVE but on wvwvw u need to do it with auto detect its will make it mixed with high and med setting

and i play warhammer i can play it with max setting :)

i will update later if some thing new

-----------------------
UPDATE

i did play Guild Wars 2 with max setting its was not that good but after update the driver to latest BETA Driver
now the FPS 40-50 with a max setting thats really good for laptop ^_^

i will update some in game photo with FPS

-------------------------

UPDATE

i want to add some info for who want to custom the GPU on which program u need the intel GPU run and which one for Nvidia GPU

go to Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Setting > Program Setting

then chose which program u need to on Select a program if u didnt find it just brows it

then go to number 2. select the preferred graphics

if this program is a Game thats need high Graphics then chose the High Performance
if its not that high games or u notice some time ur graphics run on some program that u dont need it to run there u can chose Integrated graphics

thats the best way u can do it to increasing the battery and to reduce the heat and to make sure where u need it to run

5.0 out of 5 stars INSANITY!!!!, December 19, 2013
I had an Asus G73JH model before this beast. That aint have nothing on this. Listen, dont worry about these panzies whining about a fan, youll be so into the action the fan will become part of the ambience, and its not bothersome. Bought it refurbished, but it LOOKS brand new! Literally...plastic smells new, cd drive smells new, battery is net, screen is new...well, you get the point. I ran COD Ghosts at MAX settings with the latest Nvidia driver at 65+ frames....i could see every little detail. It felt so real! i could make out every nook and detail, including the serial number on the weapon! This thing flies. And if your like me coming from a gaming laptop like an AsusG73JH, ill tell you, this thins is NOT that heavy at all. I was expecting it to be heavier. Some reviewers can be real dramaic. Hands down, meanest machine ive ever owned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight and my gosh its just right, February 20, 2013
Fully loaded and stands tall in my network, doing all of the audio, music score work & composition, with out missing a beat. Best laptop I could get for this amount of money. Nothing better until you go to 5k or better like a Dell Precision. This had so much USB 3.0 I created a data storage pool with 4 3TB USB drives against a Rosewill USB 3. hub. Now I got an un-ending data storage that beats a NAS. Super fast nVidia GeForce video card, Killer 1GB Ethernet too.

Get one now!

1.0 out of 5 stars MSI GT70 0NE-276US, August 25, 2012
Nividia Geoforce GTX 680m graphics card not working. MSI Computer Corp. Notebook Computer GT70 0NE-276US;9S7-176212-276 17.3-Inch Laptop Updated driver and called MSI tech support, not able to resolve issue. Furthermore, I had to call MSI tech support twice. The first time I called the tech associate was very rude to me and hung up when I asked to speak to someone else. Very bad experience. MAKE SURE IF YOU BUY THIS NOTEBOOK YOU CHECK THE CONTROL PANEL FOR YOUR GRAPHICS CARD FOR ANY TYPE OF ERROR MESSAGE!!

Rate and Discover Movies