5.0 out of 5 stars Good for 1 pc1 2.1 card
this is really good enough for a pci e 2.1 video card, I use it with the 6850 and it works awsome, I love the 3 blue light leds on the top gives some personality to my pc. Love how it looks thru the 230mm fan.
Published on February 9, 2011 by Pablo

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribe customer service
Published on January 3, 2011 by Timj37

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribe customer service, January 3, 2011
This review is from: MSI ATX Motherboard P43-C51 (Personal Computers)
Heres a word about MSI customer service and their RMA / warranty work. I sent in a motherboard to MSI that had failed. A transistor had blown right off the motherboard. I got an RMA number and sent in the motherboard for repairs. After receiving it, MSI sent me an e-mail that (Get this) the CPU socket needed to be replaced and there would be a $35.00 fee. I sent an e-mail back saying that there was no way I was paying for what was obviously a MSI defect. Without another word, MSI shipped the defective motherboard back to me un-repaired. I've included the pic that MSI sent me of the defect. I see no CPU socket in the picture. This MOBO was for a client of mine. I now have to go back to her and tell her that the company I recommended to her will not honor their warranty. I can't begin to tell you how disgusted I am with MSI about this. This basically tells me that MSI's warranty means nothing and your customer support is horrible. I build quite a few systems a year and most of them have MSI components in them based on my recommendation to my clients. That ends now. I will no longer be using MSI components at all and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know exactly why. I've never had a problem with MSI before, But MSI dropped the ball on this one. I've lost money on this and my client has lost time. The thing that really sucks is that they didn't even bother to tell me what they thought had happened.

That system was running an Ultra X-4 750 watt power supply, Q9650 CPU, H-50 CPU cooler, Crucial ram and a MSI cyclone GTX 460/OC edition. Thankfully, All of the other components are fine. So I'm sure it wasn't any of those components that caused the malfunction. The thing ran great for about 4 months and then... Phhtttt!

Here another thing about MSI's warranty for motherboards that I just found out while going through all of this with this board: The warranty for a MSI board starts at the DATE OF MANUFACTURE. Not at the date you buy it. That means if you buy a board now and it just happened to be made in say... June of '10, SIX MONTHS OF THE WARRANTY IS ALREADY GONE! Not that it seems to matter as MSI apparently will not honor their warranty in the first place.

Anyway, I'm putting this system back together with an Asus board. No more MSi for me. Unfortunately that also means installing new a new OEM O.S. So more money I'm out over this fiasco. Thanks MSI, and goodbye.

1.0 out of 5 stars MSI ATX Motherboard P43-C51, April 23, 2011
This review is from: MSI ATX Motherboard P43-C51 (Personal Computers)
I went through 2 of these motherboards thinking the first one was defective but anyway, using a standard video card you have to actually re-seat the video card EACH time you power up the computer. I have read this on Newegg's site also. What an annoyance!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for 1 pc1 2.1 card, February 9, 2011