Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on December 11, 2014
Plugged it in, connected the drive, and Windows 8 Storage Manager recognized it and let me partition and format it. Trouble free with my MSI motherboard. Seems like it might have RAID capabilities, though that's not what I wanted it for. Can't get any better than this, unless it made coffee for me!
on March 11, 2013
My computer is a little older, it still runs well but i am trying to get a little more speed out of it so i can get a couple more years out of it. I picked this up with a SSD and now my PC feels like new again.
on February 25, 2013
I bought it to expand to 6GB/sec and improve pc performance. I have an SSD and WD velicorapter drive connected to it. It has dramatically decreased boot time and the PC feels 100% zippy.
on December 15, 2014
This is JUNK...
No CD no Driver, I got from msi.com but still no speed.
I have PC with SATA 2, I install SSD and I got 250MB/s read after I installed MSI SATA 3 pci-e card I got 150MB/s
Only ATA mode.
WASTE OF MONEY and TIME.
I hate it
on December 29, 2013
Didn't come with the driver disk or instructions, as noted on a number of computer hardware sites. Had to download the driver from the manufacturer's website for one of their motherboards that uses the same chipset. If you're comfortable poking around inside computers, it's good value for the $$, if not, get a more mainstream board from another manufacturer.
on January 28, 2015
In depth analysis.

This card is a single lane PCIe 1x.
My motherboard has a PCIe 1x slot v3 single lane, capable of a max of 985 MB/s.

Here's what happen. I installed a Sandisk Extreme SSD in one port and i only get 261 MB/s Read and 130 MB/s Write.

I then installed a Samsung PRO 840 and got 324 MB/s Read and 138 MB/s Write.

Finally, I used windows 7 to software RAID 0 them together. I was expecting it to double the slowest SSD drive but NO. The result was 345 MB/s Read and 164 MB/s Write. It seems the hardware can't perform SATA III. This card is fine if you're using slow Hard Drives and DVD Drives. The best you'll get is around 350 MB/s Read tops on this card. That number is around SATA II speed.
review image review image review image
on January 12, 2014
The product received was as described but it was an open-box (used card), and the card doesn't quite fit well in a PCI X1 slot. The metal support is too tall and it sits at an angle. By looking at the card it is very cheaply made and I am actually surprised it is functional. However do not expect lightning transfer speed, it is okay for DVD drives which is what I use it for but do not use with SSD drives unless you are ready to sacrifice reliability and speed.
on February 21, 2014
works as advertised and recognises my seagate 600 ssd as a boot drive in windows. leagues ahead of the non working asmedia 1061 card i bought earlier which cannot boot in windows. i minus one star because the firmware is default to ide mode. looking to upgrade firmware to ahci mode but there is a lack of website support to do that.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2015
Wow this is a wapping hunk of crap. No driver came with it and i cant find in on the internet. I ordered a cable too but Amazon failed me again. No cable. Its worthless, I should have known better then to buy a MSI brick.
on October 22, 2013
The card works well, but there are no default drivers for windows 8/8.1 Pro and no CD included. I had to identify the card by manufacturer (Marvell), and then download drivers from the manufacturers website. I downloaded the windows 7 32 bit drivers for my windows 8 pro 32 bit system. After the drivers were squared away, everything worked fine. Nothing to do with the card, but if your pci-e 1x slot is version 1.x or less (2.5 gigatransfers per second (GT/s) max) your throughput will be limited to SATA II 3gb/s, not SATA III at 6gb/s.