Weighing just 2.8 pounds but loaded with storage space, memory and power-saving features, the MSI X320-037US laptop offers a 13.4-inch HD 16:9 Theater Display LCD. The most unique feature of the X320 is its size--0.24 inches at its thinnest point, 0.79 inches at its thickest, combined with its 2.8-pound weight (with the battery)--making the X320 the world's lightest and slimmest 13-inch notebook. It also features customizable power settings with five different modes--office, gaming, movies, presentation, and turbo battery--for flexibility and increased productivity based on your needs.
It's powered by the 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z530 processor, which is designed especially for mobile devices and features an innovative hafnium-infused circuitry that reduces electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy. Other features include a 320 GB hard drive, 2 GB of RAM (maximizing capacity), Draft-N Wi-Fi networking, three USB ports, and pre-installed Microsoft Windows Vista Premium operating system.
This laptop does not include an optical drive, but optional CD/DVD read/write drives can be connected to the laptop via one of its USB ports, enabling you to create your music mixes, burn movies to DVD, and more.
- 13-inch widescreen high-definition display with LED backlight technology, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 1366 x 768 resolution (Learn more)
- 1.3 GHz Intel Atom Z530 extends battery life and power efficiency to deliver excellent mobile performance and Internet connections on the go (Learn more)
- 320 GB SATA hard drive
- 2 GB of RAM (maximizing capacity) with 667 MHz speed
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500
- 1.3-megapixel webcam provides great image quality and rich colors so your viewers can see you clearly--whether taking a photo or broadcasting live
- 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi networking with expanded wireless features to get more done in more places
- Fast Ethernet wired networking (10/100)
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR connectivity lets you use wireless headsets for easy VoIP telephony and video chats as well as synchronize Bluetooth-enabled phones
- Built-in stereo speakers with high-definition audio support
- Windows Home Vista Premium operating system (Learn more)
- Battery: 4-cell lithium-ion with MSI's advanced power saving technology
- Dimensions: 13 x 8.82 x 0.78 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.86 pounds
- Warranty: 3-year hardware warranty
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with the integrated quad-mode Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots). This laptop comes with the following expansion ports:
What's in the box
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 2-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC) media
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet
This package contains the X320-037US notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions
| ||The MSI X320 uses a 13-inch HD-Ready LCD display to provide added comfort when watching the latest movies, playing games, or just reading documents. The 16:9 theater ratio provides an additional 14 percent of visual area. When watching movies, the black bars on the top and bottom common to 16:10 aspect ratios can be avoided completely. |
The X320 is also embedded with the LED power-saving backlight technology to provide better color fullness and brightness, elevating the total quality of imagery. Furthermore, the lowered power usage can offer a longer operating time when using battery power.
Newly designed from the ground up, the Intel Atom Z530 uses a 45nm (nanometer) design structure with new hafnium-infused circuitry--which reduces electrical current leakage in transistors--to conserve even more energy and give you more time away from the wall outlet. The Intel Atom Z530 provides a 1.6 GHz CPU speed with a 533 MHz front-side bus (FSB) and 512 KB L2 cache--which uses just 2 watts of power. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.) It supports Intel's 64-bit computing architecture, which can allow the use of extended virtual and physical memory with compatible 64-bit software, as well as Intel's Hyper-Threading technology for speedier multitasking.
Windows Vista Home Premium is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.