The innovatively thin MSI X600 laptop.
Less than an inch at its thickest point, it weighs 4.6 pounds for easy travel.
Each key of the newly designed keyboard is molded to ergonomically fit your fingertips (see larger image).
A combo USB/eSATA port (on the left side, above) delivers enhanced scalability and doubles the bus bandwidth.
The X600 supports the next generation eSATA port with a transfer speed of 3GB/s and with it, greater efficiency. The built-in a 1.3-megapixel webcam and an internal mic mean you can share your video experiences without missing a beat. Other features include a 320 GB hard drive, 4 GB of installed RAM (maximum capacity), Draft-N Wi-Fi networking and Bluetooth wireless connectivity, and a multi-format memory card reader. Because of its size, it does not include an optical drive, but MSI offers an optional Super-Multi DVD burner that connects via USB.
- 15.6-inch glossy LED-backlit, high-definition display (1366 x 768-pixel resolution) with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio so DVDs can be viewed as they were meant to be seen (Learn more)
- Ergonomic keyboard with 51 percent larger surface area (Learn more)
- Energy efficient 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 processor with ultra-low voltage for extended battery life (Learn more)
- 320 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 4 GB of RAM (DDR2, 667 MHz speed)
- ATI HD 4330 graphics processor with 512 MB of discrete video memory (Learn more)
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for greater speed and range
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones
- Secure Digital memory card slot
- HDMI (with HDCP) and VGA video output
- 4 built-in stereo speakers for full-bodied, cinema-style sound effects
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system (Learn more)
- 6-cell battery for extended use
- Dimensions: 15.44 x 10.05 x 0.98 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Warranty: 3 years (includes 2-year global warranty)
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
With its integrated Draft-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers). This notebook also provides ultra-fast Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet networking.
The X600 also supports the next-generation eSATA port (combined with one of the USB ports) with a transfer speed of 3GB/s, delivering enhanced scalability and doubling the bus bandwidth for high-speed data retrieval and saves. It allows easy sharing and transfer of entertainment content and digital media on external devices.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (with 1 combo USB/eSATA port)
- 1 HDMI output for connecting to a compatible HDTV or home theater receiver for uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 2-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD) and MultiMedia Card (MMC)
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- 10/100/1000 Fast/Gigabit Ethernet
What's in the box
This package contains the MSI X600-031US laptop, rechargeable lithium-ion battery (6-cell), AC adapter, and operating instructions.
Video is powered by the ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330 3D graphic card with 512 MB of discrete video memory (VRAM), capable of increasing display effectiveness by 49 percent with rich colors, sharper contrasts and better picture clarity. The HD 4330 also helps keep notebook temperatures at their minimum while delivering the power needed for intense applications while dynamically conserving energy at idle or when demand is low.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.