Published on January 24, 2012 by Jeri Massi

1.0 out of 5 stars Have to agree with other one star reviewer...
I have taken this particular product/brand for several months, and I must say I agree with the other reviewer--have not noticed any difference in knee pain, back, or neck pain, nor does my skin seem any less dry or boosted. I think I had better results with a different brand and will switch. Wish I had a positive report!
Published on December 20, 2010 by Suzanne4Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars From a has-been retired 4th degree black belt with a bad back: GREAT PRODUCT, January 24, 2012
I am so amazed at the efficacy of MSM Sulfur. I trained for about 25 years in a very hard, military style of taekwon do. In my early 40s, after getting to fourth degree black belt, I was laid low with back and leg pain and only then discovered that I have scoliosis. That ended my martial arts career. Nagging back and hip pain bothers me where ever I go and whatever I do, though I try to stay active. MSM Sulfur (and I started off with Jarrow brand) amazed me. I just started using it a month ago. Yes, for me it does increase my range of motion. And yes, it really, really, decreases the pain and twinges that have been with me for 10 years now. Not only that, I get sinus headaches, and I mix one gram of MSM sulfur per 1 ounce of salinated water (I use Neil-Med nasal rinse.), and it really helps the headaches. Doesn't cure them, but it does seem to soothe my sinuses far more than just saline.I started with Jarrow's 1000 mg capsules but realized I would be using this stuff a lot. So I bought the big container (2.2 lbs). I'm up to about 10 grams per day: 5 grams in the morning, two at lunch, three in the early afternoon. I'm walking three miles per day now, lifting weights, and feeling a lot more confident about physical activity. Always take MSM Sulfur with a big glass of water. And don't take it late in the day. It seems to make me restless if I take it in the evening. And it does give me vivid dreams: not bad dreams, but very vivid dreams. Last night I was solving a mystery with Hercule Poirot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for pain relief, January 21, 2011
I have no idea the expectations that the people who gave this product a poor review have of MSM. There is a lot of mystique and myth about MSM and who knows if those things are true. It does not grow hair; it does not help your nails (at least it does nothing for mine) but it does HELP PAIN and that, to me, is a lot more important than having long nails! MSM is one of the best pain relievers of all. Especially joint pain and back pain. I have a very, very bad back. Glucosamine does nothing for me ... but MSM works and Jarrow MSM is one of the best on the market. When I get up in the morning, I can barely move until I have my Jarrow MSM, put into my coffee (it's not very tasty but coffee will mask the flavor). Within 10 minutes I have mobility and my pain is significant reduced. In short, it does what it is supposed to do -- help with pain. If you have back pain -- get this stuff. It will help you more than any NSAID on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good!, August 20, 2009
D. Samurovich (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I developed psoriatic arthritis in the joints of my fingers three months ago. Every morning my hands would be in swollen, in pain, and stiff. I began taking MSM Sulfur twice daily, and the swelling, pain and stiffness in the morning has definitely decreased after taking it for one month. I have more mobility and far less pain. By late morning my hands feel normal. I hope in the next few weeks the pain, swelling and stiffness will be gone completely. I recommend this to all arthritis sufferers out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Benefits, July 16, 2012
I have been taking Jarrow MSM on and off for about a year now. One unexpected occurrence while using this product: increased energy. I originally purchased the product with the hopes of detoxification, and hair and skin benefits.

There are a couple anticipated benefits attained:
Improvements in the texture and complexion of both my daughter's skin (she has acne) and my skin
Growth, and looser curl pattern in our hair( my daughter has a mix of 3c/4a hair, I have a mix of 4a/4b hair)

I'm not sure that this product is good for flushing out toxins, just for removing them from cells/organs. I would use the product again but most likely with Silica as a complement to aid detoxification.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for joint pain, September 8, 2012
I received this on a Friday and over the weekend took about 5g (5 scoops) on Saturday and probably 10g on Sunday (I thought the scoop was buried and would be like a koolaid scoop) and when I went to work Monday a lot of the pains I had been having were gone. By Wednesday even an elbow that I had injured from repetitive stress 5 years ago was not hurting and every joint pain except my most severely injured elbow and one ankle were gone and those two were reduced to a very comfortable level and over time I expect the elbow will heal and the ankle when I quit using it to run machines at work. I chalked it up to the placebo effect but did not care because it was working. About a week later the container got spilled and kicked so while waiting for another order to come in I bought some in the vitamin section at the store and noticed over a period of a week that some small pains were starting to return. I think the key is the registered Optimsm. Doing a web search on optimsm you will see it is made by Bergstrom who bought Cardinal. If you go to bergstromnutrition.com I think you will be impressed and for the price and results I won't buy another brand as long as the Jarrows works. After doing a lot of reading I really think this can help other things also to make it an even better value.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!, March 17, 2012
I've heard many reviews and benefits about MSM, so I decided to try it. I started out with 1000mg a day and within 4 days my My joints felt so much better, it increased my energy, I lost a bit of weight, but I'm uncertain to if its from the MSM. I take 4000mg a day now with a glass of orange juice, or any liquid packed with vitamin C. Its wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jarrow formulas MSM Sulfur, January 10, 2013
For the longest time, I had trouble with my joint in my right shoulder. I couldn't move my arm any higher than my waist. I heard about msm powder on the internet and how good it was for your joints and your skin. I've been using it for about 6 months now and I can tell you first hand that I definitely can tell the difference-- hands down! I take a tiny scoop in the morning and the evening. I will take this forever! This is the best supplement that I've ever taken.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS STUFF WORKS, February 6, 2013
Get the dosage adjusted correctly, and it absolutely relieves pain from chrondomalacia patellus (look it up - it's knee cartilage wear, basically). Take too much and it can cause diahrrea; so just try a little. I take it morning and night and if I don't take it, experience the pain again. The actor James Coburn testified that this worked for him for arthritis; it's not weird stuff, just a safe sulfur compound. Look it up and you'll see it's perfectly safe; I can say that it DOES work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my dogs joints!, November 9, 2012
I use this on my dogs raw food everyday. 1 heaping scoop a day seems to really help their joints. I noticed a huge improvement in activity in my largest Standard Poodle Mr. Fu-Man, I also give him Dasuquin for large dogs also found here on Amazon. I ordered another 2 lb jar for me so I can have a jar in the house too.
I heard it's a great supplement to prevent cancer. I mix it in a glass of fresh pressed organic beet n vegetable juice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Results with MSM Powder, September 9, 2013
I'm 66 years old and have incurred multiple sports related injuries throughout an active life that have at times made exercise and training painful and difficult to endure. I've broken both collar bones, several ribs. Most recently I had my 3rd mountain biking accident at the age of 65 breaking my femur and resulting in an operation to install a pin, plate and multiple screws. I have acute aches and pains especially in my upper leg muscles as a result of this last accident but have been leary of taking more over the counter meds. After reading the reviews here on Amazon I decided to try MSM and the results have been amazing for me.
I've been mixing 1 tsp. MSM in a 28 OZ bottle with water and a powdered sports drink. I've recently been able to do a moderately hilly run/walk of 9 miles in under 2 hours without pain. The MSM seems to work better if taken while I'm exercising and I don't notice the taste anymore.

MSM Sulfur Jarrow Formulas 200 g Powder