Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS

on February 15, 2012
This is one of three apps I am using to satisfy my news habit. Works perfectly on my fire. Highly recommend for all news junkies.
on February 17, 2012
Loved this app on my iPhone and so glad to see it here on the Fire. I'm on it every day, and love how whenever I've a moment I can get caught up. The format is clean and sharp, perfect for my Fire.
I would definitely recommend this app to those who love current world news. This fills you your need for real time information.
on October 22, 2012
Love this app. Has everything I'm looking for and it's up to date to the minute. Contains worldwide news as well as local news that matters. Includes weather updates as well. When there is a new headline, it also notifies me so I can be informed right away as to what's going on around the globe.
on October 10, 2012
I distain MSNBC , as we know this cable channel is left of left......but at least Breaking News appears to be objective in it's headline breaking news, since it is a summation of various news agencies.If your looking for breaking news, its worth the app.
on November 24, 2012
I like the format for presenting just the headlines. If I want to read more I can click on the link and get more information. One drawback is that sometimes the link takes a while to load up or it is only a tweat and I really don't care about tweats.
News hounds have some good choices here if you want to stay informed on the headlines, the issues on all sides, and what's happening in the political spectrums. There are some good choices here for those who own a Kindle Fire and other Android devices, and these are ideal for an information app like this, especially if you like your news fast and on the go.

Breaking News is a small app that will use only 2.8MB on this device, and it installs in less than 30 seconds. Its layout is well designed, intuitive, and easy to navigate. Once installed, you can set it for "push" notifications which will open specific news items, quickly scan through the latest updates from news sources around the world, and view videos and photos from breaking news events. You can also customize your news to track your favorite topics your way in a customized breaking news feed.

This app is produced by MSNBC Interactive News, and if you want your news a bit more in depth, they also offer their NBC Nightly News app as a freebie here. It's also a good one, and installs quickly.

The Breaking News app is quite good on the Kindle Fire and other Android devices. It's fast, up to date, and quite objective, as it pulls from a wide variety of news agencies and sources.

11/27/2012
on August 11, 2013
I like this app to keep me up to date on breaking news. However, I recently updated the app (as it kept suggesting I do to receive push notifications) the Breaking News icon is now very blurry when it shows up in my Kindle carousel. It seems like a small thing, but it is very annoying to see the blurry picture every time I look at my Kindle!! Is there any way to fix this? I would say it is a five star app, but this recent problem put me down to four stars.

PS - I think I didn't need to update the app for my Kindle as it was receiving push notifications just fine before the update. Just a word of caution if you're thinking of updating as I did.
This is a really nice app that I find quite helpful when canvasing multiple news sources. I troll a lot of the news services, but like to read a cross section of them to get a broad feel of a news event rather than rely on one source. News agencies are usually slanted left or right, depending on the editorial staff or the writer. I find reading multiple sources gives me a broader perspective on a story. This app also provides access to international news sources, which is great! It's very interesting to read other countries' perspective on the news.

The way this app works is, it provides pointers to the actual news source's article, then when you're done reading it and press the back button, but brings you back to the app. So it's like you have all these news source websites already in your browser without having to go to each website. The app does it for you. It has tons of news sources already configured in it and it updates those sources frequently, as need.

Recommended for any news junkie or for those who just want an app that points you to a source quickly without the need to go to the source yourself.
on October 14, 2012
A news reader should aggregate content, not simply links. In order to read any article, the app is constantly sending me out to the browser. Hey, if I wanted to read the article in a browser, I'd read it there. See Pulse instead for a better alternative.