4.0 out of 5 stars 11 oz burn time
For those of you who wonder what kind of burn time to expect from this size bottle i will post my results: I used an MSR dragonfly stove running at full blast non-stop---outside temp was around 55f with a 5mph wind---bottle was filled to the stop line with coleman camp fuel and tank pressure was maintained throughout the test. TOTAL TIME= 86 minutes
Published on February 13, 2011 by dmb3428

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the one pictured.
This Fuel bottle is not a true MSR. It's a good knock off and still worth the money. The cap is the old style. The rubber ring that seals it was hard and fell apart. Needless to say, the fuel leaked out. I had to use a lid from one of my other MSR bottles.
Published 5 months ago by Steve D. LeGrand

4.0 out of 5 stars 11 oz burn time, February 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars MSR Fuel Bottles, May 20, 2011
Hope this helps !
11oz, 20oz, & 30oz Measurements

11oz. Bottle
Capacity at fill-line 11oz.
Height (with cap) 7.3"
Diameter 2.5"
Weight (empty with cap) 2.8oz

20oz. Bottle
Capacity at fill-line 20oz.
Height (with cap) 9.3"
Diameter 2.85"
Weight (empty with cap) 4.9oz.

30oz. Bottle
Capacity at fill-line 30oz.
Height (with cap) 11"
Diameter 3.25"
Weight (empty with cap) 7.3oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fuel Bottle, April 1, 2010
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
Things have changed with the MSR fuel bottle since the last one I bought 25 years ago:

* They've got this cool new bottle top that won't back off unless you treat it like a safety pill bottle top. (1. Push down 2. Turn...) That's actually nice, as it tends to keep the kids out of it, but it also makes it slightly less prone to accidentally working loose in the pack
* They've modified - slightly - the pour openings in the bottle cap. They used to both be round, but now one of them is oblong, making for a wider stream when pouring. Nice.
* They've got something like four paragraphs of warnings in three different languages printed on the bottle. That's OK, as 1) my eyes are too old to read print that small anyway and 2) I'm already fairly aware that white gas is flammable, not to be ingested, etc.

I like this 11 oz. size. It's small and light and really tough for its size. It's perfect for backpacking and I use it with my Dragonfly stove that tends to sip fuel. MSR bottles are great. They're expensive for what they are, really, but the quality is there and it's nice knowing that you can depend on your gear when you need to. I don't mind spending the dough if I know I can count on my gear when I may be miles from nowhere. All the MSR bottles are great- I especially like this size, but I also carry larger sizes for car camping, bigger groups, or as a bulk supply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using for gasoline, August 13, 2010
sgeise "sgeise" (South West Fl United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
The manufacturer doesn't say anything about using these for gasoline (or not.) I know a lot of motorcyclists that carry one or two of these in case they run out. So I got two of the 33 oz ones for my motorcycle. I filled them with gasoline, and toted them around for three weeks. They didn't spill a drop, and there was no odor what so ever. You have to decide for yourself if you want to carry gasoline in these bottles. They don't hold much, but they are better than using a plastic gas can in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for what it is meant to do, July 11, 2011
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
OK, I've read the previous reviews, bought the 11 oz to use with my MSR Whisperlite International Liquid-Fuel Stove. Yes, they have a child proof cap. But even when the heat of the day seemed to increase the pressure inside the bottle, it didn't leak. The day that got over 100 degrees Fahrenheit was the most difficult time to open it. But just like any safety cap.. you push in as you turn to start it opening. Once it starts you can back off the inward pressure and finish opening it. Once I got the hang of it, it went well. When replacing the cap, it sealed easily.

I stored this in the vestibule at the back of my tent to keep it out of the direct sun or a hot car while car camping for 2 weeks. Never leaked, worked fine, and I had no problems with it (other than that one really hot day).

After using it, you have to relieve the pressure by slowly loosening the pump insert. If you open too quickly you may get some gas sputtering out around the lid as you remove the pump. But a little common sense and caution results in no real problem. There was a bit of fuel in the line to the stove. I would have to let it dribble out before stowing the stove, and used a paper towel to dry off the connector. No biggie. And if it is for the evening meal, the spot of gas on the paper towel is good for fire starter to help get the wood fire going.

While using it I kept careful track of how much fuel was needed each time, and ended up buying a 20 oz bottle also. To cook noodles and soup in the pot that comes with mess kits similar to the Coleman Aluminum Mess Kit, took about 2 oz total. Could have been my heavy handedness that made it use that much. The stove heated the water a lot faster than I expected. To perk 9 cups of coffee in a Texsport Aluminum 9 Cup Percolator took up to 4 ounces. Again, probably because I'm not used to perking coffee on an MSR stove. I kept overflowing it. Having a Stanley Classic Stainless Steel Vacuum Bottle along for the extra coffee came in handy to conserve fuel and time.

Having a second bottle is handy to hold extra fuel. The lower the level of fuel in the bottle the more pumping it takes to run the stove. And, I trust these bottles a whole lot more than I trust the cans the camp fuel comes in. These are less susceptible to being knocked around or leaking, especially on hot days and in the car or truck.

The bottles take up little space and a couple of them tuck into one side of my Coleman Stove Carry Case. That compartment is sized for a one pound propane bottle. I use one side for a propane bottle, and the other for 2 of these bottles and the lighter. Keeps everything neat and handy in the tent vestibule. I store the stove inside an aluminum pot in the kitchen gear. If you are going out in a kayak or canoe for the day, the small bottle and the MSR stove are handy to take if you plan to stop for a hot meal. They weigh little and take up little space.

As hinted at, a side benefit of having this was when starting a wood fire for the night campfire. A teaspoon or less of gas from the bottle makes a great fire starter when drizzled on kindling that can absorb it.

As a side note, I took the MSR stove on the car camping trip to get used to it for backpacking. But I found it came in handy when I only needed to heat water and didn't really need the larger propane stove. And the times when the larger propane stove was full with a griddle, having the smaller stove as an additional burner made meal prep easier too.

5.0 out of 5 stars no leaks, July 17, 2010
Timothy W Miller (Louisville, Kentucky United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
It holds fuel and doesn't leak even when backed in a bag upside down and bounced for hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Emergency Motorcycle Fuel, August 20, 2012
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
I bought two of these prior to leaving for a 1300 mile motorcycle trip. At one point, while traveling through Virginia the official temperature was in the mid 90's (and actually much higher when sitting on the asphalt in traffic with about 700 other motorcycles) There was absolutely no problem with leakage, fumes, etc. I never actually had to use the gas, but knowing that I had that extra "reserve" on board while riding home alone was real piece of mind whenever I had to "stretch" to reach that next station out in the middle of nowhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, May 18, 2013
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
perfect for carrying extra fuel on my motorcycles. I have one or two in each of four bikes. The rubber gasket will crack and leak so I just replace them with automotive O-rings and they last for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars great motorcycle gas cans, June 25, 2012
GearGuy (Pacific Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
been using two of these for years as spare gas cans in my motorcycle and scooter saddlebags. dont leak a drop and survive very rough treatment. highly recommemded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for short trips, August 7, 2010
papio (Honolulu, HI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MSR Fuel Bottle (Sports)
The 11 oz bottle holds enough fuel for 2-4 days, making it the perfect sized bottle for shorter trips. It hasn't leaked on me yet, and has taken a fair amount of abuse. I used to carry the 22 oz bottle, but much prefer this. For longer treks, I would rather carry the smaller bottle plus a plastic refill container than the larger 22 oz.

MSR Fuel Bottle