Questions & Answers
4.5 out of 5 stars (171)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 questions
votes
Coleman does make canisters which fit this stove; however, if you are thinking of the standard 1lb propane canisters which fit large camping stoves, they do not fit. I use Coleman canisters with mine, as Coleman's are slightly cheaper and hold slightly more fuel than MSR's, 250g v. 227g. That said, I have found Coleman's quality control to be inferior to MSR's, and have had Coleman canisters whose valves seemed to not open completely, resulting in impaired cooking.
23 days ago by Yin-Haan
votes
Everybody who pays more wants to believe it was worth it, and like most of the ultralight camping stuff, there's a lot of elitism and designer label hype. You can buy four of the other units for the price of one Pocket Rocket or JetBoil. At the end of the day, it's a valve, a couple gaskets, and an ignitor. Pretty hard to mess that up. Read all the reviews out there and decide for yourself. The MSR is great, don't get me wrong, but the clones work great too, and no, they're not made of any different materials than the MSR. I will say the clone stove has swing arms that are a little bit less sturdy, but it folds up smaller and both need to be used cautiously if you stick a big pot on. Also, any of these type of stoves really need a good windscreen and a stand, and you should always bring an alternate means to make fire - a pack of fuel cubes will keep forever and are light to carry.
Apr 3, 2014 by Stan in Saint Louistan
votes
For the MSR Pocket Rocket you need to get an Isobutane fuel canister. It is the short can, not the tall bottle. MSR calls their fuel ISOPRO. There are 2 sizes, one is 4oz the other should be 2oz. I don't think you can buy them on Amazon but you can get them at any REI or other camping or climbing shop.
May 14, 2012 by Andrew Runion
votes
Hi Joseph. I do not know what an IsoPro fuel canister is specifically but I use a generic fuel canister with mine with no problems at all. As far as I know, the Pocket Rocket will fit any generic ISO Butane/Propane fuel canister. I Hope this helps
Dec 31, 2013 by Jason Davis
votes
I like its simplicity. i think any pot or windshield you use will work fine. I think of it as a cheap jet-boil stove.
Apr 22, 2014 by Fenris
votes
Canisters are sold separately! But there super cheap and are are ext lite to carry in a day pack, or bugout pack!! Check out YouTube with nutnfancy on these MSR stoves!! That's how I was made aware of them and what they do and there abilities! !! Nutnfancy has great information on a lot of outdoor products like this that are out in the field tested!!
11 days ago by Robb Barnett
votes
A little bit of lime, salt and pepper and you should be good to go.
3 days ago by Scott A Rios
votes
It comes in a lightweight plastic case.
4 days ago by Daniel Schofield
votes
The red can is the fuel canister, and they are not refillable as far as I know. However, one cannister lasts a pretty whopping long time.
20 days ago by Braden J Moore
votes
4.25 inches
24 days ago by John F. Deaton
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers