Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$13.99 - $19.95

on December 11, 2010
The item pictured in this ad, IS NOT what was received. This appears to be the older kit.

Product Description- Amazon.com
215263 Features: Kit includes 2 Clevis pins, 2 split rings, 2 washers, 2 screws and 2 nuts Replace straps with the 2 included top straps, 1 heel strap, and 4 strap clips Specifications:

The MSR Snowshoe Maintenance Kit, I received is the newer one.
From cascadesigns.com the description is as follows:
MSR ® SNOWSHOE MAINTENANCE KIT
Description Specs
Offers complete and easy field maintainability of all MSR snowshoe binding pivot points and rivets.

Includes: Clevis Pin Assembly(2) Clevis Pins, (2) Split Rings, (2) Washers (4) strap clips, another pin with split ring and a zipper pull.

THERE ARE NO STRAPS, as the newer snowshoes use different ones.

I have the older snowshoe model, MSR Denali Evo Ascent, 2009 or 2008. I was hoping to get extra straps, just in case.

I even ordered from 2 different sites, and got the newer Maintenance kit from both.

Cascadedesigns.com sells the straps, MSR - Classic Snowshoe Strap 2 for $5.95, 12 inch or 18 inch lengths.

Bottom Line, DON'T ORDER THIS KIT, if you have older snowshoes, you're wasting your money and time..
on March 20, 2015
The plastic clips are a little smaller than the original but work ok. I should be good for a long while now with this kit. This is a nice small kit but I don't see how you are going to use this in the field unless you just want some of the plastic clips. I hiked an entire season with some clips broken so they are not absolutely necessary.
on January 8, 2013
Nothing worse than being 20 miles in somewhere and something breaks on your shoe. The shoes we had before didn't have repair kits available. Trying to hike out that day was really exhausting. Every step post-holed me up to the hip (I have a 36" inseam). Hubby and I then bought MSR Axis Lightning snowshoes and bought repair kits right off the bat. Everything we need is in this kit. We each have one set along with extra straps in our MSR snowshoe storage bags. Next time, repair is possible. The MSR shoes are so well built, get the kit as a precaution. We inspect our shoes before every trip to ensure there are no loose or missing pieces. The only repair we needed was the pull tab broke. We replaced on the trip then contacted MSR, and they sent another one.
on November 4, 2009
If you own a pair of MSR Denali Snowshoes you should carry this kit. Lightweight and a must if you need to make a field repair.
on February 6, 2011
Although the initial picture in the description shows that this repair kit comes with replacement straps, in reality they are not included. Why show something that isn't there.
on November 5, 2010
This was a well thought out kit. I haven't had to use, but, nothing is worse that having a snowshoe failure, and having to limp home.. Now, I just need to remember to bring it !!
on June 10, 2014
I have two pairs of MSR snowshoes....and have already broken one of the plastic clips during the first use. This is a nice kit but, for the price and practicality, it needs more than three clips.
on January 8, 2013
This was a purchase for my husband, who is a mountain climber. He needed this kit for his backpack, and he says it has everything he needs on the mountain if that snowshoe breaks.
on April 19, 2015
May not be optimal for field repair but good to have once back at the tent or motel. A little pricey, the repair kit used to include straps too.
on August 3, 2014
Fortunately haven't needed to use this repair kit, so I don't know if it has all of the required items for field repairs.