Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.19 shipping
MSR XGK EX Stove
|Price:||$132.74 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$17.21 (11%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Multi-Fuel: Reliably burns more liquid fuels than any other stove.
- Dependable: Easy to field maintain; Shaker Jet cleans fuel jet with a simple shake
- Compact: New flexible fuel line allows stove to fit in a 1.5-liter MSR pot.
- Superfast: Boils 1 liter of water in just 2.8 minutes (using kerosene fuel).
- Extra stable: New retractable legs and pot supports provide unprecedented stability.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||4 x 6 x 6 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1.42 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.82 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.4 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
Top Customer Reviews
First the GOOD:
* Very strong boiling power.
* Pretty light weight.
* Burns every fuel you'll encounter during those high tracks.
* Very reliable, I have the repair kit but never needed it. Also never had to take it apart.
* Parts and service is always around the corner or a click away.
* Internal cleaning mechanism (Shaker Needle), very rarely you have to take it apart, when it gets clogged, just shake it and the cleaning needle hidden under the main jet does most of the work for you.
Now the (not so) BAD:
* The wind protector is just a heavy gauge aluminum foil.
* Flame control is problematic, it's basically either full power or off.
* Need to change jets for some fuels.
* Pump assembly is made from plastic, it's still in one piece but it feels unreliable.
One more thing, I don't consider this a minus since all liquid stoves have this problem (except the SOTO Muka) and that's noise, they all sound like a jet engine running 3 feet from you.
I see there are a few solutions for the stoves excessive noise. Here is one "Silent-Damper-Camping-Backpacking-Stove", and another one here: "QUIETSTOVE SILENT DAMPER".Read more ›
Understand that the XGK is targeted at people who need true multi-fuel capability (military, global travelers, expeditions, etc.), rugged dependability, and who do not worry about any flame setting other than maximum heat output. If you do not envision the requirement [emphasis on requirement] to burn diesel, JP-8, or kerosene in your stove: the XGK is probably not your best bet. Also, to get multi-fuel capability out of the XGK, you have to change jets- this is a very simple thing to do, but it does mean that your stove reliability is totally dependent upon retaining two small, threaded brass parts (the fuel jets) - loose one in the field and there goes your multi-fuel capability.
This stove is not designed for gourmet food preparation - it runs at two-speed off and "blow torch". This works well for people preparing simple fare or melting water, but simmer is very difficult to manage. People complain about the noise of the XGK, but any pressurized fuel stove running full out will be noisy. Plan your cooking accordingly.
The not so good points... I own an old XGK and I am not impressed with the overall build quality of the new XGKs: many parts are simply not as well built (e.g. the plastic fuel pump, the contraption legs etc.). Some claim the plastic MSR fuel pump is better/safer - LOL! Most fires come from fuel spills and the XGK will definitely spill a small amount of fuel when you disconnect the pump. People who dislike the smell of kerosene or diesel take note of this last point.Read more ›
It comes with a nylon bag to keep everything neatly contained. There are two heat shields, one for beneath the stove, one to wrap around. The wrap around one is a bit unruly until you use it a few times (bring a clip with you to join the ends). There is also a little service kit that will come in handy for changing jets, cleaning, etc.
I put a two litre pot nearly full of water on this stove (from the Alpinist 2 System), and the unit was rock solid. The legs and pot holders are well built giving a stable platform to do your cooking. After cool down, breakdown is simple. I keep a small brush in my kit to whisk away small amounts of soot that may be there in an effort to keep things as tidy as possible. The less mess, the better for any piece of equipment.
This stove meets all the critical criteria for my hiking/survival kit.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The best multi-fuel stove you can get! Super compact. It is a miniature jet engine!Published 1 month ago by Rail Fan
First off. Great store.
The XGK is the de facto kind of reliable stoves.
It's ancestor is the very first stove utilizing a pump system that goes into the... Read more
Very versatile can use almost any fuel, very lightweight, packs away nicely, gets very hot heats faster than any other stove I've ever used. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Cheryl B. Crotser
Delivered very quickly, works as advertised. Great service, great product. Thank you.Published 4 months ago by Andrew C. Gillespie
OK, to the past reviewers, it's true... it does sound like a jet is going off but not that loud. This stove is small and can fit in my MSR 1. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Chris
Very good commodities, exquisite technology, reasonable design, super lightPublished 9 months ago by lihui