|Item Weight||4.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18.3 x 12.9 x 12 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||MT800|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||bare-tool; attachments|
Magna MT800 Sand & Kleen Hand Sander System
|Price:||$39.94 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.05 (33%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Versatile sanding head and shop vac suitable for large shop use
- Collects dust particles in regular tap water
- Includes 5-gallon filter bucket
- The sander head suction pad has 36 ports and 20-feet of suction hose
- Backed by lifetime warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What's in the Box
Sander/vac, 1-1/4-inch, 2-1/4-inch, and 2-1/2-inch vacuum hose adapters, and 20-feet of suction hose.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
If I were a professional mudder, I'm sure I would go for the three- or four hundred dollar set up, but for the once-in a whiler, this is about right. The bottom line is I got more done in less time (spent less time choking on dust) and clean up was about 10 percent of what it is when the dust is allowed to run free. You still have to supply the muscle, but at least you're less disgusted when your done (though still tired).
Not long ago, a fellow DIY friend was DIY-ing his basement. I noticed he was using a Magna MT800 Sand & Kleen Hand Sander System. I was curious how improved it would be over the Fiba Tape system, so I borrowed it after he was done. It worked even better! LESS DUST, and no shop vac cleanup afterward.
Some of the critics here say it has a few problems. I have some advice for the new people reading this:
1. Rent this product or borrow it from a friend before you spend $$$ on the expensive one, especially you DIYers.
2. CHECK THE PARTS LIST for all the parts. If you don't have all of them, return it to the store or call the seller to get part you need. Get a tracking number from them.
3. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS If the unit suctions itself to the wall, ADJUST the pressure valve. If it whistles, tighten the hose and sander seals.
4. WEAR HEARING PROTECTION when using loud power tools such as shop vacs. Then the whistling won't bother you.
5. Hose clogged? CLEAN IT OUT!
This really is a great product. It eliminates the dust clean up and the arm-ache associated with traditional methods. You cannot beat it for the price. All it takes is some common sense to use it properly.
With that said, the S&K is a fairly effective product. Their claim that it 'eliminates 95%' of the dust is probably pretty accurate and, while it's somewhat clumsy at first, soon you'll be humming along. In fact, it's been suggested to me that perhaps I'M the clumsy element in the equation.The whistling sound that others mentioned in their reviews was so easy to remedy it hardly warrants mention. For fifty clams you won't do better.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This tool performs well for removing most of the dust from the sanding process. I did have some difficulty when at times the suction was holding the tool and required a bit of... Read morePublished 1 month ago by anthony caruso
If I knew then what I know now, I would not have wasted my money. Did it work? Well, sort of. There was drywall dust/mud in the bottom of the drum but it's way too slow and... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Ballwin Duvall
I bought one of these 20 years ago and have used it for all my drywall sanding. It picks up 95% of the dust and makes cleaning up afterwards MUCH easier. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Audie Vickers
Wasn't quite as easy to use as what I was hoping. The large sanding pad is not as easy to control. It did a decent job of cutting down on the dust, but wasn't as easy to sand the... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Kim Stilwell
The whistling is unbearable, yes even with earplugs. Yes you can tell everyone to leave the house or wear earplugs, but what if you have pets? Read morePublished 8 months ago by maris