Heir 5-string, Maple Fingerboard, Tobacco Sunburst finish. The Kingston Heir basses were designed for the player looking for an extremely versatile instrument. Using the same large pole, dual humbucking pickups as the Kingston Artist in addition to an exposed pole “J” bass pickup, the Heir can grind and bite or simply serve up the warm classic sounds bassists cherish.The Heir incorporates many of the superior design elements found on MTD's revered US-built instruments-but at a fraction of the cost. Carefully constructed using high quality Ash with a figured Maple top, Eastern Hard Rock Maple neck and beautifully finished in a stunning high gloss, the Kingston Heir was equipped to meet the demands of any serious player. Designed by master luthier Michael Tobias, the MTD Kingston Series of instruments offer enhanced playability, exceptional tone, and superior construction at a price fit for any musician. Michael has trained a team of luthiers in the fine art of building an MTD bass and the results are nothing short of his lifelong goal: creating an affordable instrument that has the look, feel, and soul of his revered American basses. The MTD Kingston Series of Instruments are carefully constructed to Michael's exacting specifications.
Designed for the player looking for an aggressive yet extremely versatile instrument, the MTD Kingston Heir electric bass guitar uses the same large pole, dual humbucking pickups as the Kingston Artist bass. But it also adds an exposed pole "J" bass pickup that allows this instrument to serve up warm classic sounds and well as grind it out. This 5-string version of the Heir features a 24-fret maple fingerboard and a tobacco sunburst finish.
The 5-string MTD Kingston Heir in tobacco sunburst with maple fingerboard.
Created by bass-building legend Mike Tobias, the Heir incorporates many design elements found on MTD's popular American instruments. And the 3-band active preamp, pickup pan knob and quality tone woods allow you to dial in just the right sound for any musical situation.
- Carved ash body with flamed maple top for stunning looks, incredible tone
- Mike's personal design concepts l Pro features at a great price
- Asymmetrical, one-piece maple neck for incredibly comfortable and fast play
- Buzz Feiten tuning system plays in tune everywhere--preferred by pro players
- MTD Quick Release Bridge for great tone and instant string changes
- MTD MM and J exposed-pole alnico pickups for tonal variety
- Five controls--1 volume, 1 pan, and 3-band EQ--enable you to dial in any sound quickly
- 35-inch scale
- 24 medium jumbo frets--perfect size for all techniques and set-ups, and long-wearing