Jump Start MTPRTC, Digital ETL-Certified Heat Mat Thermostat for Seed Germination, Reptiles and Brewing
|Price:||$28.34 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$11.61 (29%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The only safety ETL certified thermostat on the market
- Provides constant optimal temperatures for germination/rooting
- Ideal in homebrewing for maintaining desired fermentation temperature, and perfect for temperature control in reptile terrariums and small pet enclosures.
- LED heating indicator light and Digital temperature control
- Controllable range of 68°F - 108°F, Choice of Celsius or Fahrenheit readout (press Up or Down button to change)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
A few things some people would like to know:
- These are set it and forget it thermostats. You put in the maximum temp (i.e, 90 or 92) degrees and this thermostat will automatically kick on if the temp gets 2 degrees less (88 or 90 degrees respectively). This means you are not going to get too much variation in the warm spot hide which is a great thing but you CAN NOT change this variance. I don't see a real reason you need to though.
- The probe cables are perfect length and since they are designed for soil applications, they can be buried in substrate. They also have a suction cup if you need to monitor ambient air instead.
- TIP: Though some people say you should bury the probe and it should make have DIRECT contact with the UTH, I tried this out and I didn't like it. I am more concerned with the overall micro-climate in the hide or on the surface of the substrate so I just let it lay level with the substrate. That way, if the snake is colder than usual, they will coil in the hide and will give the thermostats a reading that is cooler than the actual temperature. This means the UTH will kick on a little longer than normal and warm the snake back up to a nice temperature.
- These thermostats are very heavy duty and can handle a large electrical load (1000 watts). Since most undertank heaters are 24 watts or less, you can definitely use this stat with multiple tank heaters. It has a three-prong connector on it and heavy-duty power cords/connectors.Read more ›
Connect the Heat Mat monitor's power cord into the wall, then connect the seedling heat mat's power cord into the monitor.
To set the degrees is very easy. Hold down the button "SET" until the numbers are blinking. Then using the up and down arrows, set the desired temperature then press the "SET" button again to stop the blinking. Also press down the "UP" button for 6 seconds for readings in Fahrenheit or hold down the "DOWN" button for 6 seconds for readings in Celsius.
There is a little wire with a plastic white tip that hangs from the monitor.
Push the white part into the soil for temperature reading.(Once temperature is set, do not be alarmed when your heat mat reaches its maximum temperature you set it to then the Heat Mat monitor temperature will go up and down 3 degrees to prevent over heating)
This is very helpful for starting seeds.
It didn't get too hot and I was able to keep it right on my countertop. My only problem was I should have had a light to put over my seedlings once they sprouted. It's very easy to use as you just plug it in and put your tray on top. The instructions are even written right on the mat itself.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this item for a month. I am 6 days past the return date and the item will no longer turns my heat mat on. Read morePublished 6 hours ago by Rose V.
Was exactly what I was expecting but shipping took a little longer than expected.Published 1 day ago by Joseph Lazenby
OK, this thing DOES WORK FOR KOMBUCHA BREWING. Keeps the temperature 10-15 degrees above the room temp. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Wyatt
Works great for making my kombucha! Put the jar on top and it heats it up finePublished 6 days ago by Serendipity0
My seedlings have started to rocket off after putting the heating mat under them. The only problem I have with this product is the lack of a temperature control, which would be... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
Good quality and creates a good environment to start seeds indoors.Published 7 days ago by chemmanpr