4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product for the price
I felt compelled to review the MTX TP112 because it is

such a good product for the price. I'm pushing my pair

with a NAD 2200 amp bridged to produce 400 watts RMS and

Published on November 10, 2005 by David S. Hillman

3.0 out of 5 stars It works.
I'm using it as my center chanel speaker.My amp would kill it so it sucks for that.I would not buy another.It will only handle 300 watts when it said it will hold up to 600 watts.I use a amp meter on all my speakers.Anything over 300 watts it will blow.
Published on May 20, 2009 by Dave

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product for the price, November 10, 2005
David S. Hillman (Decatur, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I felt compelled to review the MTX TP112 because it is

such a good product for the price. I'm pushing my pair

with a NAD 2200 amp bridged to produce 400 watts RMS and

1200 watts peak with 6 dB headroom. My pair of TP112 wired in series for 16 Ohm handles the power well. Of course, I can't turn the volume knob more than between 1/3 and 1/2 or the tweeters start to complain. Below that the sound is clean and bass is excellent, although a little boomy and falls off quick below 40 Hz. These are no Cerwin Vegas but they are good enough for DJ work. They need quality power to sound right. Build quality is excellent. Knocking on the cabinet doesn't produce any rattles. I opened mine up to take a look at the crossover and was surprised to find monster inductors, capacitors and resistors to handle power. Good job, MTX! I've played a few parties with these and besides needing more bass than the two combined twelves can dish out, I've had no problems. I've abused these things for the three months that I've had them and they haven't fallen apart. I plan on getting another pair to hook up to the NAD. A much better 8 Ohm load should really get the party started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers by a great company, March 13, 2007
This review is from: MTX 12" DJ Speaker (TP112) (Electronics)
I've owned a pair of TP112's for nearly two years now and can't complain. The sound quality is excellent and hooking up and breaking down the system is very simple. I use these for home listening along with a pair of their bigger brother, TP212, and I'm still waiting for my roof to blow off. Even without matching the RMS these speakers kick out major sound. I'm soon going to purchase some amps and individually power each of these speakers to reach their full potential. I do agree, though, with the other review that the bass can be a bit much and the tweeter can give a little crack here and there, but it's not enough to really be a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Incredible Speakers!!, February 21, 2010
This review is from: MTX 12" DJ Speaker (TP112) (Electronics)
I expected these to sound good. But I have them connected to a bookshelf amp and they blew me away. They sound incredible at extremely high volumes (and they are insanely loud) but also sound great at low volume levels. Recommend you use these with a good EQ because sometimes the bass tends to carry relatively more at low volumes. But overall best bang for the buck. You won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars THEY R LOUD FOR SURE BUT, February 17, 2010
This review is from: MTX 12" DJ Speaker (TP112) (Electronics)
Loud Loud loud and as a lover for mtx car audio i felt like these were a must have. well i was right but still wrong. I said earlier that they are loud and that is all i can really say. I am using a yamaha 500 watt amp and they need help on the bass side. they may not be the case for u but for me yes since i am use to the car audio. never the less good buy and i am satisfied now that i got a powered subwoofer...

3.0 out of 5 stars It works., May 20, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars great speakers, April 4, 2009
This review is from: MTX 12" DJ Speaker (TP112) (Electronics)
The mtx tp112 is a great entry level speaker..sound is very clean.
bass matches and is very well constructed.

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, February 26, 2010
This review is from: MTX 12" DJ Speaker (TP112) (Electronics)
THIS IS A GOOD SPEAKER FOR THE MONEY AND FAST SHIPPING. MTX IS A GOO BRAND SURE BETTER THAN PYLE I WAS GOING TO GET A 15 INCH PYLE DJ SPEAKER FOR THE SAME PRICE BUT I WENT WITH THIS CAUSE ITS MTX I ALWAYS LIKED MTX.

MTX 12" DJ Speaker (TP112)
Out of stock