5.0 out of 5 stars MTX RT8PT SUB TUBE
Published on September 3, 2011 by RMARS

3.0 out of 5 stars used to sound fine the first dates but after 4 to 5 days ...
used to sound fine the first dates but after 4 to 5 days you could hear a cracking sound... so f*k*ng pissed off and disappointed..!!!
Published 6 months ago by jimmy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars MTX RT8PT SUB TUBE, September 3, 2011
This review is from: MTX Audio RT8PT Universal Powered Subwoofer Enclosure (Electronics)
I purchased the MTX RT8PT SUB TUBE after attempting to locate a good sub to complement my alpine system in my '09 Toyota Tacoma ex-cab. I have used an Infinity BassLink for the past 2 years and over all I have been satisfied with the low-end achieved with the Basslink, however I felt the unit at times sounded boomy inside my Tacoma. I listen to rock, blues, jazz, and I am really not attempting to produce earth shaking low end sound, just good bass that fills which my system was lacking. The RT8PT sub tube does just that plus it complements the interior of the vehicle perfectly. I would suggest to anyone that is not looking for enormous power, but looking for good tight bass thump, to look at the RT8PT sub tube. I am very satisfied with its performance since installing.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Subwoofer, October 7, 2013
I purchased this as a birthday gift for my teenage son to put in his extended cab S-10. He had it in his mind that he wanted to put in a box with a pair of 12's in that space. So needless to say when he got this gift he wasn't gushing about this little 8 inch woofer. But once we got all the wiring in place and connected to his Kenwood receiver and this woofer breathed for the first time, he was blown away by the amount of bass that was coming from this unit. This somber kid suddenly had a ear to ear grin. This unit isn't going to bruise any kidney's but it can rattle some fillings. It was the perfect size not only physically for the small space behind the seat in the extended cab, but was the perfect size for the audio space of the cab. Sometimes bigger isn't always better. I think this is a great setup for the money and great for first time buyers like we were.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome for the money, October 21, 2013
Hard to believe anyone could rate this bad,easy to hook up,looks great,& sounds even better.I put in a grand cherokee in less than an hour,I've had huge stereos in the past that cost insane amounts of money,I'm older now & this is just rite,for the people who rated this product 1 star maybe you outta try facing the sub a different direction or have a professional hook it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Sub, Great Buy, Too!, August 25, 2011
I spent alot of time online researching to find the right sub for my PT Cruiser.Given the nature of the interior of the Cruiser, (it's basically a big dome shape), I knew I would not need a big hulking sub box, but rather something smaller, self powered, that would produce tight, accurate bass, rather than big, boomy, sloppy bass. I really just wanted good fill-in bass for an all around balanced sound, not a bass heavy design. I listen to music, not bass... Anyway, this MTX was the right choice. I had it installed at Best Buy, it cost me $158 which included 8 gauge wire and labor. I will say that like most speakers, and electronics in general, this sub needed some break in time. When I listened to it the first time, I thought I had made a big mistake, it required some break in time, as most electronics do, but within an hour or so, it had completely smoothed out and blended well with the rest of the system. Now my auto system is complete, and I can say that this sub is a good one, it sounds good and clean, and it's not too big, yet produces some serious bass. I should also say that I keep the sub level pretty low in my system, because that's the sound I'm going for... fill-in bass. But, I can also attest that this sub can deliver big SPL's if that's what you want. Very versatile. Great buy. Quick shipping... Very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Worth It, May 29, 2012
I had a professional install this in the trunk of my 2004 Mustang. It hits hard. I've already ordered a second one to put in the same place. I've tried to push this sub to it's limit but it will not blow out. The sound goes throughout the car. I'm not sure how the sub would do in bigger vehicles but for me it's perfect. Can't wait to see how two of them do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size and sound!, December 19, 2013
Sounds good no problems very happy with quality of product it is well made ! I got a lot of sound for a price that is a lot lower than retail stores!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Easy, March 13, 2012
This subwoofer was quick and easy to install. It works like a charm and sounds great. I am very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, January 22, 2013
Installed behind seat in my 1990 toy p/u ext cab. Using a kenwood head unit w/ polk 4" componets in dash and 5 1/4" kicker componets in rear panel. Sub sounds great. clean bass

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of bass to add the missing low end., January 4, 2014
I've seen a few negative reviews, but as far as the actual sound quality goes I have it hooked up to a Kenwood in my Acura RSX, and after I screwed around with the equalizer for a few minutes I got a nice solid sound out of it. It definitely helps pound out and distinguish deeper notes, not muddled or flat sounding at all.

It's probably one of the most size and cost efficient subs out there as well, being pre-amped, and for $125.00 you can't complain.

3.0 out of 5 stars used to sound fine the first dates but after 4 to 5 days ..., July 26, 2014
jimmy (oranjestad,Aruba) - See all my reviews