Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

on December 15, 2011
This was a great buy for the price. but you have to buy a better amp then the 600-1200 they send. they do put out the power they say but with battery cable size power and ground the amp shuts off due to overheating after about 30 min. i drive a long way and that's why i wanted this. for the price go with the little bit better subs without the amp and order an amp with a fan. I rate it 5 without the amp and the amp is great for 30 min then you have to shut it off or pull the fuze and let it cool down. So i would rate the amp a 2 that's for both the amps they sell the 250 which is a 600 and the 1200 they sell are both useless to me
review image
11 comment97 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2014
ORIGINAL REVIEW 7/28/2014

I have only had these installed for 2 days now but all I can say is: I LOVE IT! I paired this with the Boss Audio 1100-watts Monoblock amp, wired with the 8 gauge Boss Audio amp wiring kit & it works great! These subs kick HARD! I love it! I have them in the trunk of my 1995 Honda Accord Ex facing the trunk opening and the sound quality is superb! I have friends with Rockford Fosgate subs and these sound just as good, if not better for 1/3 of the price!

UPDATE 3/3/2015

Still kicking hard! I tweaked the settings on my deck (Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD), and now my subs sound & feel much better than when I first installed them! My bumper does rattle, but then again, I am driving a 95' Honda Accord. My license plate was even worse until I stuffed some foam behind it to quite it down. I added a video to this review today too so that everyone can see just how great these subs are even after roughly 6 months of kicking at full volume every single day!

What I am using with these subs (for quick reference):

Pioneer AVHX1600DVD USB DVD Mixtrax WVGA Touchscreen 6.1-Inch Player
BOSS Audio R1100M Riot 1100-watts Monoblock Class A/B 1 Channel 2-8 Ohm Stable Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control
BOSS Audio KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
22 comments26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2012
I got my mtx terminator subs about 3 months ago, everywhere i go people think they 15's until i shiw them off.
review image
0Comment48 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2015
These subwoofers are incredible and will offer more bass than you will ever need. I bought these with the boss 1100 watt amp and they hit unbelievably hard. I'm honestly surprised they are even this cheap as I would have payed double this price for how they sound. If you're on the fence about these, I can assure you these are the way to go. Plus, the build quality is great and looks really clean. You can't find subs like these for this price, especially when they are already in a factory sealed enclosure.

UPDATE: I don't normally do updates, or even reviews for that matter, but I felt like I needed to after using these for over 6 months now. This is because my terminators are by far the best $150 I have ever spent. I absolutely love heavy bass and these went above and beyond both my expectations, and wants, for bass. I did notice that I have slightly increased the bass level of my casual listening over time, and I'm only barely above half way on the amp setting (which is overwhelming for anybody who rides with me).

I did want to clarify a little as to how they sound. Please note that these sound very VERY deep. I say this because, while they do hit hard, and even very hard in certain situations, the majority of your listening will have a very low, smooth bass pattern. You can obviously adjust this in your tuners frequency settings, but they will have this low and deep sound more often than not. To me, this style has always struck me as a richer, more professional sound (yes I know these are far from professional speakers), but I still think this style sounds "nicer," so to speak, than subs that simply punch you in the face. To put this in perspective, when I let my mother listen to them (the bass was just high enough to be more than she was used to) she noted that this bass setup was just as smooth as the premium audio system in her 2015 Lexus 450h, but was fuller and more immersive (a compliment I am still proud of today). Now as for performance, I have done tests to see just how far I can push these speakers on the previously mentioned Boss 1,100 Watt Amp. I have shaken various items off of my car (which is a very well insulated 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee), and filled an entire parking garage with bass that can be heard, and felt, from multiple stories above and below. Entire neighborhoods have claimed to have heard my sound system. When my friend heard them for the first time he jokingly stated "When did you install the massage chairs in your car?" That is how much bass we're talking about. By the way, if you happen to know your car is not well insulated, people will be able to more than just hear these outside of your car.

As for their longevity, in the few months after my purchase, I used these for an hour a day in my commute to and from work. Once school started back up, my commute was less frequent, but well over an hour long. I have also taken a handful of trips lasting a few hours. Ultimately, these subs have not shown any signs of wear at all, nor have they ever overheated the amp.

Long story short, what I said in my original review still holds true: these are the best subs (with enclosure) you can get for the money, and if you're on the fence, it would be in your best interest to follow through because these subs are arguably the best deal on heavy bass out there. Plus they offer a smooth, simple styling that looks better than an sub/enclosure should for $150.

Please note: I highly recommend installing a bass control knob with your amp if it does not come with one already. Reason being: if you are a normal person that does not require competition sounding bass in your every day music listening, these can be overwhelming at times and a quick, easy way to adjust the bass level will prove more than beneficial in preventing headaches (and disturbing the peace citations)!
review image
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2011
If your on a budget but you want good subs, go with these. They hit so hard, and when I drive around I set car alarms off so im happy.
55 comments101 of 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2010
Insane lows, works as promised, had about a month very tuff sub. I like it!
1414 comments48 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2015
Seriously a great deal for Subwoofers! The first day I got them I hooked them up to my amp and wow! They pack a punch! For the price, I'm quite pleased. They shake my mirror like no tomorrow. Would recommend for anyone who is looking for great bass on a lower budget!
on June 20, 2013
i have 2 sets of these because i love them so much...please do NOT buy the set that comes with the amp, i can direct you towards an amp that can adequately power these, the subs are great just not the amp in that combo set, 5 stars all the way, ask me any questions you have...update I've had these for about 3 years now and still going strong..better than ever both sets are super loud and people can hear me coming from a mile away
1010 comments96 of 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2015
I'm a certified installer from back in the day. My past rarely allows me to settle on mediocre sound in my vehicles. Bass in a system is the filler that adds depth and dimension to your sound. I made the decision to run a larger than needed sub box to sound good at low volume (doesn't need to struggle) and because I have the room in my old beater van. Plus because this is in my beater I didn't want to spend much but ended up with way more than expected. I remember needing my customers to spend at least $1500 for a total system to get the sound this has.

This MTX terminator sounds perfect. I went with this mainly because it is a sealed box. Sealed enclosures tend to work with all music types. Not too boomy or muddy. Band pass and sealed have been my favorites.

Teaming a heavy duty enclosure with a quality amp is a must. I went with the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D. Good amps are always underrated. The Rockford Fosgate R500X1D is rated at 500 watts into 2 ohm but registered at 631 watts! Proper wiring is must. I used 4 gauge high quality power cable. Be careful with wiring these days, many companies lie about wire size. They say 4 gauge but you end up with 6 gauge wire with a 4 gauge jacket. Go with a good brand and expect to pay good money. It will be worth it. Also notice in the picture, I added 4 gauge quick connect for power and ground so I can quickly remove the box if I need extra room for moving items.

The team is a perfect match. Playing the police to slipknot sounds unreal. Very smooth controlled low end with a good punch you can feel. No noticeable coloration or distortion.

You will love this enclosure for sure.
review image review image
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2011
kicks real hard with 800 watt amp. got it exstreamly fast. insane lows. best $150 iv spent in a long time
22 comments33 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse