4.0 out of 5 stars Room for everything
Published on January 27, 2008 by Mel

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Big Wallet!
Published 18 months ago by Oregon Bird

4.0 out of 5 stars Room for everything, January 27, 2008
Mel (Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This is a great wallet, as long as you are not a minimalist. There are essentially two sides/halves to the wallet. One side is a zippered closure with an expandable-file type organization with two large open areas (perfect for cash or receipts) separated by a zippered pocket (perfect for keeping your change next to your cash). What is nice about the two main sections on this side of the wallet is you won't have to stuff/shove your cash or receipts into a too small/tight area of your wallet. The other half of the wallet has a snap closure and you can use one of two different snaps, depending on how fat you stuff your wallet. This half of the wallet has the built-in ID holder, checkbook slot, photo holder, and credit card holders. Both halves of the wallet have several "extra" flat pockets that don't take up room, but give you even more options to further organize your stuff. As the name says, this wallet is really wide (about 2 inches), so it looks and feels like a clutch. Unless you carry a large purse, just realize this will take up a lot of room in your purse, which will work fine as long as you don't have too many other items competing for space. Also, the little extras--removable ID holder, pen holder, etc. are helpful to keeping organized. I think it is a great wallet, except that it is a little awkward for me to fit both this wallet and my Pouchee purse organizer (both of which I love) into my medium-sized purse (which I also love).

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Big Wallet!, March 6, 2013
This review is from: MUNDI Big Fat Flap Wallet (Apparel)
Although we couldn't tell the dimensions from the product description, we decided to give it a try anyway, since there was free return shipping. When it arrived, we found that it was significantly larger than we had imagined. Before returning it, we measured the empty wallet so we can pass that info on to future customers: 7-3/4 inches wide, 4-1/2 inches high, 1-3/4 inches deep. Hope this helps you make your purchasing decision!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good wallet!, November 10, 2006
Munnay (Manhattan, KS) - See all my reviews
The picture on Amazon makes it look like a bulkier wallet, and that was my only apprehension when I ordered it. But in reality it is slimmer and fits well in almost all hang bags that I have. Its really nice to not have to open the whole wallet to get some change out. Plus the change pocket has a neat little key chain for keeping a key!

I Highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, February 4, 2007
It is HUGE---everything you own you can easily organize into this wallet--made well-sturdy-soft--but know you must have at least a medium size pocketbook for it to fit in...this is no small wallet.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY! The perfect wallet ..., June 7, 2007
L. Mountford (Bellingham, WA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: MUNDI Big Fat Flap Wallet (Apparel)
I suspect I'm like a lot of people -- trying to find a wallet that works for everything, each new purchase falling slightly short of the mark. Not so with the Mundi Big Fat Flap Wallet! This one is IT!

I purchased my first Mundi from another source -- a lovely pale beige nubuck number. I've had it for almost a year now, and it's holding up extremely well, despite living daily in my book bag (I'm a full-time "non-traditional" university grad student) and being transferred several times a week into my purse. It's starting to show a little wear -- just a bit of shine around the edges of the nubuck, not a hint of wear on the interior (I haven't noticed any problems a previous reviewer had with it picking up "grime" -- maybe I keep my hands cleaner or something?), but it still functions perfectly. It holds all my cards (student ID, copy card, credit cards, insurance cards) with room to spare. Cash is securely stowed in the zippered compartment. Checkbook and pen have their own places. And it fits in a smallish Kipling bag that I use for day-to-day errands. It's maybe a bit larger than your typical "checkbook wallet" -- so bear that in mind if you carry a REALLY small purse.

I just ordered my second Mundi Big Fat Flap Wallet, this time in red from Amazon for a much better price than I paid for the beige. No more annual wallet purchase trying to find the right fit! This one's for life.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd buy it again., December 10, 2010
Just got it. Over all good quality. I think this is a quality wallet that will stand up to a lot of use.
Pros:
1. Has an elastic pen holder- one of the things I wanted. With a pen inserted, the clutch still folds smoothly and closes.
2. Has plenty of credit card/photo slots & windows, and are big enough that you can slide the card out easily. It's also long enough to store dollar bills flat. Those two things are what I disliked about the clutch I've replaced. With my old one, you had to fight to remove a card from the slot and the space for paper money was too short- very annoying.
3. I like that the zippered section for money/coupons/receipts is separate- you don't have to open the whole wallet to remove money.
4. The extra zippered compartment on the back side is large enough to fit most slim cell phones (mine fits).
Cons:
1. The calculator worked, but the display was not very bright. I replaced it with the one from my old clutch, which is easier to read.
2. I use duplicate checks, so would have liked a plastic sheild added to the check compartment.
3. This clutch actually has more card windows & slots than I needed. I would prefer that the window section not be sewn in so that it could be removed. These preferences of mine were not a deal breaker. I'm very pleased with the "fat wallet". A lower price would be better, but you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mundi Big Fat Flap Wallet is great, April 10, 2007
M. Lovell (Chatsworth, CA) - See all my reviews
I am very happy with my Mundi Big Fat Flap Wallet. It has room for everything. I can carry it on its own and I have paper money, coins, credit cards, checks, as well as space for a few photos of loved ones. It is big and it is fat, but not too big to fit into my purse. I like the way everything is arranged. The paper money is zippered up, there is a change purse on the outside, the check and credit card area is under the flap/snap. It is well organized and there is an easy flow of movement to access what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds everything, and really isn't fat, October 9, 2008
If you still use a checkbook, and like to keep everything in one container, this is the wallet for you. It is very well designed with plenty of credit card and ID slots. The checkbook and register lie flat for easy writing. There is a small calculator included, and so many pockets that it took me a few days to find all of them. Even fully loaded, it's pretty slim ... so I have to say that the product name is cute, but not entirely accurate. Whatever you want to call it, it's a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, all-in-one wallet, I've ever owned, May 21, 2012
I've been using this wallet for a few months, now. My wallets take a beating and this one only looks nicer and, more supple, with use. I still have not utilized all the card slots and compartments, because there are so many of them. Actually, so many of them, that if you filled them all up at once, it might take some time to remember where you put everything.

I purchased the tan version and it looks exactly like the picture. There's space for photos, credit cards, checkbook and register, coins, cash, and lots of little places to stash receipts, shopping lists, coupons, etc. It's really all you would need for a quick run to the grocery, or for many other errands when you don't want to lug a purse.

I think the price is a steal for the workmanship and organizational ability of this wallet. That said, I have plans to keep this item on my potential gift list for friends and family. It arrives ready for gifting, in a nice Mundi box, wrapped in tissue paper. It looks every bit worth the retail price. Remember to take that little retail tag off of the item before gift giving.

The wallet is stamped 'genuine leather' and it definitely has the look and feel of real leather. I was a little concerned with the strong smell when I first opened the box --- a chemical smell. I suspect this could be from the leather dye, but I'm not sure. I left it to air out for a while and it eventually dissipated. If gifting, think I would do this first.

Also remember that for a wallet to have all these functions, it has to be large, and it is rather heavy. It will take up a lot of real estate in your handbag. If you're one who likes to carry small, over the shoulder handbags, this might not work out well for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great organizer, February 24, 2010
WENDY KAY (MAPLEWOOD, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MUNDI Big Fat Flap Wallet (Apparel)
This wallet is just what I was looking for. I spent many hours researching wallets and finally decided on this one in tan. It is not as bulky as I had imagined, which is a good thing. I was replacing a Liz Clairborne wallet that I had for years and just loved, but unfortunately they no longer make the same design. I wanted a leather wallet that would wear well with time at a reasonable price, and one that I could keep all my "stuff" organized in. I especially like the 5 windows for special pictures and my most used cards. There is also an open slot on the exterior of the wallet next to a zippered pocket, this is a feature that I found hard to find in other wallets and one that I was used to having on my old wallet. It is nice to have a place to put change and receipts quickly until you can later organize them. It fits perfectly into my purse and I couldn't be happier with it.

MUNDI Big Fat Flap Wallet