Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 4, 2011 1:14:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 4, 2011 1:17:23 PM PDT
D. Will says:
I have been reading a lot of posts in regards to the latest intallment of the MVC franchise. A lot of which bring up some very accurate points. One being that if the game sucks so bad then don't buy it, nobodys forcing you. Enough said. However, many fans such as myself who were frantically anticipating this games release for the past 10 years were very disappointed. The main issues I had was the button layout and how you could no longer pick three of the same characters (not even in arcade mode). I thought the roster was outright atrocious as well. Overall the pace of the game seemed very slow in comparison to its predecessor. So what did I do? I traded it in for $25.00. Not because i want to stick it to Capcom, but because I didn't like the game.

I do enjoy Capcom games but I find even more enjoyment playing MVC2. Based off of the amount of people who STILL play this game online and in Arcades, I really dont think there is a lot of comparison betweeen MVC2 & MVC3. Im not a techinical expert on the creation on this game and I have already heard the "used sprites" argument. But the in the end the people are the ones with the voice and the money. I think Capcom lowering the price of this upcoming MVC game and making an Ultimate version of it, says alot about their business mentality and the support (or lack of) they have been recieving since MVC3's initial release

Look up MVC2 for Sega Dreamcast, PS2, & XBOX on this website. Then take a look at that price! Yeah! That game IS that good. Like I said MVC2 will never die!

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 5:22:46 PM PDT
S. Der says:
hmm....I concur.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 2:32:27 AM PDT
Edward says:
The only reason why the game is priced so highly is because it's a rare game to own.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 2:47:48 AM PDT
D. Frazier says:
I dont know. I can understand that you dont like it but they wouldnt make all those characters and new modes because they didnt have enough support for the game. Not having support would have had the oppisite effect. MVC3 is definitely faster than MVC2. Also I'd say its more balanced. While not completely balanced ( which no fighting game is), it is more-so than MVC2. And not likeing a fighting game because you cant select three of the same character is not a good one since it serves no purpose. Its not what the game is about. The price is what it is because it was going to be DLC but they added so many things and made so many changes that its easier to just put it on disc. You would have paid the same price as DLC ( maybe more if microsft had say in it ). And the button layout aint bad its just different from MVC2 ( i like it more personally ). Overall the game is a upgrade to MVC2. I love both games but I'd play MVC3 before two. It was great and all but why live in a apartment when i can live in a house ya diggs.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2011 7:43:51 AM PDT
D. Will says:
True, but I personally dont think this game or MVC3 will have that same essence about in the next 10 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2011 7:45:19 AM PDT
D. Will says:
To each his own.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 8:10:38 PM PDT
D. Frazier says:
That is more than likely true.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 2:45:32 AM PDT
My main issue with this game was the button layout, i felt like they jacked up the gameplay, big dissapointment after then years of waiting. :-( Hopefully they fix the button layout

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 7:02:34 PM PDT
D. Hughes says:
yeah I thought they messed up the layout as well. I want to decide whether to punch light combo to hard punch or kick light combo to hard kick or punch light combo to kick light combo to super move. MVC 3 is a beautiful game but I felt they went backwards with the improvements (ie the roster count) (supermove count) (one thing i did agree on was the damn help spamming and infinite combos man those piss me off in MVC2) Fleet40 Belowgear.com Adverketmedia.com.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 12:07:53 AM PDT
S. Der says:
I loved the button lay-out in MvC2. Pressing 2 punches or 2 kicks equals the middle move. But, I agree with MvC3 buttons are worse than I would prefer 3 punches or 3 kicks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - Xbox 360
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - Xbox 360 by Capcom (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (135)