5.0 out of 5 stars great kippers
The Polar Kipper Snacks have great flavor. They aren't "fishy" and taste more like bacon than other kippers I've tried. So I often have them with scrambled eggs for a more healthy alternative to bacon.

Here is the nutritional information from the bottom of the tin:

Serving Size 1/2 can (46g)
Servings per Container 2

Amount Per...
Published on April 30, 2009 by djin

3.0 out of 5 stars variable quality from can to can on same shipment
the good ones are great, but some of them are average. quality inconsistent from can to can. not sure if i will buy again.
Published 2 months ago by pain doc

5.0 out of 5 stars great kippers, April 30, 2009
This review is from: MW Polar Kipper Snacks, 3.53 Ounce Units (Pack of 18) (Grocery)

Here is the nutritional information from the bottom of the tin:

Serving Size 1/2 can (46g)
Servings per Container 2

Total Carbohydrate 0g........................0% DV
Dietary Fiber 0g..................................0% DV
Sugars 0g
Protein 9g

Provides 1.4g Omega-3 Fatty Acid Per Serving.

Vitamin A 0% Daily Value (DV)
Vitamin C 0% DV
Calcium 1.5% DV
Iron 4% DV
*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: All natural smoked boneless fillets of herring, water, salt.

Kosher Parve

Distributed by: MW Polar Foods
Norwalk, CA 90650
Product of Germany

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar Kipper Snacks, May 20, 2008
These Polar kipper snacks are excellent. I have been buying these since the price of the Crown Prince snacks went up. These are just as good or better then the Crown Prince & are a lot cheaper. I have tried other brands of Kipper snacks, & the Polar snacks are as good or better than all of them.
D.Martinez
Dearborn Heights MI

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Keep 'em coming!, March 20, 2009
Kellie (Pacific NW) - See all my reviews
I just ate my first serving of these kipper fillets. They seem just right with light salt and just enough water, not too much. Very nice indeed. The best non-edible part of the deal is the can which opened easier than any other kipper can I have tried. Oh, and the price per can is amazing. Just yesterday I checked and the cheapest kippers at Krogers were 2.49 for just 3.25 oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Herring died smiling, February 12, 2011
D. LLOYD (PENNSYLVANIA usa) - See all my reviews
I've enjoyed kippered herring all my (long) life, and have tried all of the popular brands found on supermarket shelves, at least in my area. Found these by accident and, boy, they're head and shoulders above the competition....well, herring don't have shoulders, but you know what I mean. Kippered means smoked, and these have fine smoky flavor, are beautifully packed in nice wide tins. There's no extra juice or excessive oil, just fine flavor, packed like soldiers, no empty space. Savor them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT Product!!, January 21, 2009
Carol Pogroszewski (Big Bear City, California) - See all my reviews
These are so good! I bought them for my husband, thinking they would be chunks of fish, but no, *Happily* they are filets, great!!! My husband loves them, he frys them in a little butter and has them for breakfast along with a good peice of french bread and butter. We will be buying these again and again. Best part is that they do not have to be refrigerated and you can have them anytime you want.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious & Convenient, October 6, 2009
I bought the 18 pack for office snacks / small meals. They are just right for this. The nutrition information says "two servings," but the total package, consisting of two filets, is 3.53 ounces, and if you are like me it will be "one" serving for you. That will net you 200 calories (120 of this is from fat, including 2 grams of saturated fat but no trans fat), and 520 mg of sodium. Not bad. These are very tasty kippers, deliciously smoked. They are packed in water, not oil, but the fish texture is good -- not soggy as I thought might be the case. These fish are packed in Germany. I think these are a great value and will help keep me away from the potato chip machine in the office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kippers, September 17, 2007
M. Batchelor (South Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
These are absolutely great Kippers. And at a great price. They are almost impossible to find in stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are my pick!, December 8, 2009
These kippers have a wonderful flavor and texture. They are smokey with just enough salt. I wish the cans were bigger. You open the can and the fillets are solid and firm, which is surprising for not being in oil. I think they taste a touch better than the John West brand without the oil. If I had both in front of me I would have a problem picking between the two. If you like smoked kippers this is the brand I would suggest. I was a lifelong King Oscar fan until I tried these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb kipper snacks, May 9, 2009
Allan Lindh (Santa Cruz, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Delicious lightly smoked herring at reasonable price, and best of all Herring are a sustainable resource, far enough down on the food chain that they don't concentrate toxins to the same degree as larger predator fish. The firm fresh texture is as good as I've ever found in a canned fish.

5.0 out of 5 stars The gold standard of canned kippered herring, April 6, 2013
I first started eating kippered herring in Germany. I've had virtually all brands on both sides of the Atlantic and can say that the Polar herrings are top tier. They excel in every measure: relative freedom from bones, great texture, perfect herring flavor without being too "fishy", perfect degree of salt and smoke (and a good smoke flavor, not that nasty chemical fake smoke flavor you find in far too many American/Canadian brands).

And unlike many top-tier products, these are cheap too.
It's a real shame that too many Americans today won't even consider kippered herring.
They are a tasty, good for you, portable, temperature stable lunch with some bread or crackers and a piece of fruit.