Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
MX870 vs MX860: What changed? I delayed purchasing MX860 anticipating a model refresh at CES 2010. MX870 was recently announced. Any insights about changes in MX870 vs MX860?
asked by cfm56d7b on January 11, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 63 answers
A
Looks like mainly software upgrades:

http://www.photoxels.com/canon-announces-2010-pixma-mx-and-ip-printers/#more-8945
Sparky answered on January 11, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
See, I want a printer with individual tanks because it is more cost effective when you have to replace the ink. Instead of replacing the whole color cartridge because it's low on one of the three colors in it, I can just replace the individual color.
Amazon Customer answered on February 2, 2010
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It appears that it also starts up faster and has iphone printing capability. Not sure if that was in the 860 or not. I am also waiting on further details on this topic if anyone has them. Canon's website doesn't provide much help. Looks like the new MX350 ($149) has most of the features of the old MX860.
MCT answered on January 13, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have run across one difference. You cannot send 2 sided faxes with the MX860, but you can with the MX870. I would think this would be a simple driver fix for Canon. Since the MX870 just came out it maybe a year down the road.
d1hamby answered on February 12, 2010
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with M. Holland. Individual ink tanks rule when it comes to the budget.
Johnny M. answered on February 2, 2010

A
The smaller scan bed is a zone where the scanning head parks while scanning from the ADF (i.e., the paper moves, and the scanning head stays in the parked zone). You cannot scan negatives, at least not with any meaningful quality, since there is no 2-sided lighting in either zone.
Amazon Customer answered on August 19, 2010

A
Lando answered on September 26, 2010

A
Canon's site state that it prints a little faster as well. 4x6 on an 860 is 41.xx seconds an 870 39.xx seconds???
A. Anderson answered on March 13, 2010

A
In response to Mimi: The MX860 works fine with Mac (Snow Leopard). Wifi works perfectly.
Alan T. Schauer answered on April 15, 2010

A
You can scan negatives on the bed of the scanner. However, if you want to feed them through the scanner on top, they have to be long enough for the wheels to pick them up. I tried to scan a receipt that was too small that way, and it did not work. I then just lifted up the lid, and scanned it in that way.
Amazon Customer answered on July 10, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next ›

See all questions about this product