5.0 out of 5 stars A good product with many uses
Published on September 27, 2010 by George R. Kahn

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke the first time I used it.
Don't get me wrong. I think this is a good product, but I am disappointed with the inspection process and quality control that would allow a unit to be sold which had not been properly tightened so that the nut came off the pulley bolt, and allow the pulley to dislodge and go flying by my head.
I returned it and did not buy another one, and, sadly have had several...
Published 18 months ago by Shawn D. Lewin

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product with many uses, September 27, 2010
George R. Kahn (Northern New York State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maasdam Pow'R Pull 144SB-6 2 Ton Capacity Pow'R Pull USA Made (Tools & Home Improvement)
I purchased mine shortly after buying the lot for my house, to pull saplings and bushes: worked like a charm. Built a garage, and used it to un-rack the frame -- squaring the building. Got my utility trailer stuck in the mud, and used this to pull it out. Snow-thrower died, and I used this to winch it on my utility trailer to take for repairs. Not too bulky, heavy, or expensive -- it sure has bailed me out enough to be one of the last tools I'd ever wish to be without. Highly recommended!
george

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed USA made winch, awesome price!, October 14, 2010
I am very pleased with this winch. It's design and construction outclass every other one I've used. It's easy to use and doesn't jam. While it's much lighter weight than most, it's design is so superior that it inspires confidence. I heartily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tool for working with trees, May 12, 2011
Good for working with heavy logs and trunks/stumps (as professional tree services do) in the back yard. I've also used this device to help reposition some very heavy decorative rocks. Very strong... quality built... American made. Would also work well as a gantry hoist too. Recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for hoisting boulders, June 7, 2012
I've been using this winch to hoist boulder out of my yard. It has been doing an admiral job. Some of the boulders I've lifter have weighed more than a ton. I can easily lift them all by myself using this tool.

I've also used it when cutting down trees to get the tree to fall the correct direction. It can easily bend a 8" diameter white pine into leaning the way I want it to.

The one complaint that I have is that the "ratchet down" mechanism is not easy to figure out how to use. You have to bend a flap of metal the other way, then press the handle the whole way down. I eventually figured it out, but a sticker on that flap of metal saying "press here to ratchet down" and then on the other side "press here to ratchet up" would have been appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, May 1, 2013
I bought this for the sole intention of pulling cars on trailers. I was a little concerned by the 2 ton capacity at first, but was pleasantly suprised. I couldn't be happier on how it worked, and my back is happier too! This pulled the car up without issue. I don't usually write reviews, but felt I should on this one. I would not hesitate to buy this one again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maasdam Pow'R Pull, November 25, 2011
Craig L. (Harleyville, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This is a well built product and made in the USA. I would recommend this product if you have pulling needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulled a 20' dead tree with my truck, September 28, 2011
I had a 20' long dead Oak tree to move off my lawn, so I wrapped this strap around the tree and hooked the hooks to my towing hooks. It worked fine no issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works like it should., April 10, 2011
jg (OLNEY, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I haven't really pushed the limits of this thing but i did pull a heavily leaning 25 foot cypress tree back to vertical with it.
It is simple to use, US made, and seems to be well constructed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, April 2, 2012
Brandt Everhart (chesapeake, va United States) - See all my reviews
Pulled out a blown-over medium size stump with the help of this, some slings and my truck. Worked as advertised. Thanks to the mfr and the amazon reviewers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of pulling power, March 2, 2013
Used this thing to pull my truck out of the mud. All 4 tires were buried in the frozen mud. I hooked this thing to a telephone pole with a 50 foot chain, and it pulled it out. Lightweight and nice to have for emergencies.

Maasdam Pow'R Pull 144SB-6 2 Ton Capacity Pow'R Pull USA Made
$62.00 $45.67
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.