Garmin Forerunner 405 Water Resistant Running GPS With USB ANT Stick (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $68.90
Mac Friendly? The Garmin Forerunner 305 software was not Mac friendly, so I only used it a few times before dumping it into my box of junks.
asked by Anh M. Dang on April 7, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
You might want to check out Ascent from Montbello Software. Mac native and runs circles around Garmin Training Center for the 205/305. I'm using it for my 405, but only after exporting a file in windows from GTC and importing it into Ascent.
B. Williams answered on May 8, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
check here about mac. Looks like after may 21st it will be mac friendly.

http://blog.motionbased.com/2008/03/garmin-connect.html
Dr. K. Carter answered on April 10, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It appears as though they may have pushed out this date. The download website currently reads "Fall, 2008" for a Mac Friendly version... Anyone have any input?
Justin Nauman answered on May 5, 2008

A
My only input is that the ANT wireless stick works fine in parallels, if you dont mind doing that for the time being.
ils answered on May 5, 2008

A
That is the mistake I made.... older model 205/305 will work on Garminconnect in May. The 405 is not slated for support until Q3 of 2008. You only find this out after purchasing and downloading the software. For now I am using Fusion (same as Parallels). Also, keep an eye on runnerplus. They are very close to supporting Garmin and have a very robust site.
B. Williams answered on May 6, 2008

A
The Garmin 305 already works with Macs. I've had mine for about 6 months and have been using it exclusively with OS X. I use Garmin Training Center. The 305 will not be compatible with Garmin Connect until 5/21 but that's the device not the OS.
M. St Clair answered on May 7, 2008

A
Another alternative to display your ForeRunner workouts data and to have a journal is TrailRunner.
http://www.trailrunnerx.com
privateb answered on June 4, 2008

A
It is only the software that neds updating. I know the software for macs are supposed to come out in the fall, but the 405 has been beset by delays. So you can buy one and EVENTUALLY it will be supported by Mac, I just can't tell when by anything I have seen Garmin put out.
Jack R. Rivers answered on June 6, 2008
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product