5.0 out of 5 stars Simply astounding
I've become a big fan of MAC knives and this JU65 is a cut above (Ha!). The first thing you'll notice is the beauty of the blade. The blade is well stamped; its just wide enough and the handle is quite lovely. Very solid and well built. This is a knife that will last a life time.

Published on December 25, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a little disappointed!
The reviews were so glowing for this knife that I couldn't wait to get it. America's Test Kitchen also rated it their favorite. I don't know what happened with mine, but I'm not that impressed. First of all, it isn't all that sharp. The way the reviews read, I was almost afraid to use the knife because they said it was so sharp. I had a different experience. It's...
Published 11 months ago by Bunnylulu

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply astounding, December 25, 2009
This review is from: Mac Knife Japanese Series Vegetable Cleaver, 6-1/2-Inch (Kitchen)

Nest, you'll pick up the knife. For me, the first thing that shocked me was the weight; the knife is light, wonderfully so. As any great knife should, when you hold it it feels right, like an extension of self. Note I do have small hands so as with any knife, you really should try holding a few from the manufacturer before purchasing. Anyway, I digress, the knife is fluid in my hands; the balance is near perfect for me and my hand does not get tired after cutting veggies.

Which leads to the final and most important point; does it work? The quick answer is yes, it works beautifully. MAC is known as one of the best brand of knives out there and the vegetable knife delivers. In spades. It easily goes through anything I through at it. Plus I find that this knife gives me better control on my cuts so that when I want to practice my elephant ear cut or matchstick its actually a little easier using this knife (which makes me think my next knife will be a Chinese cleaver). I can't really explain why this is, it must have something to do with the balance of the blade to handle. In any case, the knife is sharp, well balanced and cuts through vegetables like they are butter.

You really can't go wrong with this knife, for the price its a steal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife, November 2, 2011
This is a great knife! Sharp as hell and has stayed sharp for a long time, with just routine steeling. I work in a kitchen professionally and this knife cuts the mustard and much more. The wide blade surface is great for transferring whatever it is you are slicing/chopping/mincing/dicing/ to whatever you need to transfer it to. It feels good in my hand and has stood up as far as toughness is concerned. Highly recommend this knife for pros and home cooks as well. Have fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could NOT live without this knife!, October 2, 2010
I've owned this knife for 15 years and it is indispensable. No other knife measures up to the quality, ease of use and overall performance. It keeps its edge and it is super comfortable to use. I cook every day from scratch with lots and lots of vegetables. This knife never lets me down. Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sharp knife., September 9, 2012
This knife works great for hard to cut vegetables like butternut squash. Just remember to use it carefully-- it's very sharp!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best knife ever!, November 28, 2010
I now have two of these, just in case something happens to one, I have a back up while the other is getting fixed. This is the main knife that I use in my kitchen, and it is fantastic. You can't beat a MAC knife, especially this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars sharp!, March 5, 2013
What a fantastic knife!!! Glides through the hardest squashes with ease. BUY THIS KNIFE today; you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rated #1 vegetable cleaver by "America's Test Kitchen", April 26, 2013
Chuck Moore (Carlsbad, CA United States) - See all my reviews
We can understand why this knife is rated "1. It is everything it is cracked up to be <g>
It has beautiful blade and comfortable smooth wood handle..

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this knife, February 26, 2013
I am a woman with small hands. This knife fits like a glove for me. The handle is the perfect size for small adult hands. The balance is great and it slices through root vegetables of all types with very little effort. I'd recommend this knife to family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peggy J, January 1, 2012
Beautiful knife - very sharp. I haven't used it long enough yet to know if it holds its sharpness. I'll let you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splitting hairs... literally, October 20, 2013
Richard Kenyada (Atlanta, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This particular Mac Knife was brought to my attention by the Cook's Country TV Show. They tested several vegetable cleaver's and the JU-65 was judged the best. That review alone compelled me to buy one, and I'm happy with my purchase. This is the sharpest knife I've ever used. In fact, after using it the first time I took my set of Wusthof Classic knives to get sharpened. The Mac Knife is now the star of my chef knife collection, but it won't share a slot in the knife block. I wrap it in a microfiber towel and place it in a drawer. I plan to eventually replace all of my Wusthofs with Mac Knives. I've found that with knives, as with computers - once you go Mac you never go back.

Mac Knife Japanese Series Vegetable Cleaver, 6-1/2-Inch