From the Back Cover
The all-new update to the ever-popular Macintosh classic has arrived! Totally rewritten and enhanced to cover the latest release of OS X Panther, Mac OS X Secrets is packed with invaluable advice and secrets on every aspect of Macintosh computing and Mac products. Featuring the latest updates on hardware, software technology, the Internet, applications, and utilities, this book delivers the hottest–and often undocumented–techniques for trouble-shooting problems and optimizing power and productivity.
The companion Web site contains a complete list and links of Mac Secrets software, searchable versions of all chapters from the book, updated information as needed, and more!
Your Insider’s Guide to:
- The dock and its secrets (see Chapter 3)
- Setting up your Mac for multiple users (see Chapter 6)
- iTunes®, iPhoto™, iMovie®, and iDVD™ (see Chapters 13, 14 &15)
- Instant messaging and iChat (see Chapter 19)
- Building a Web site (see Chapter 21)
- Digital cameras and scanners (see Chapter 25)
- Cross-platform networking (see Chapter 30)
About the Author
is a founding partner of MacDoctors, an Apple and Adobe reseller and service provider in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, providing highly specialized hardware and networking solutions, along with consulting and training services for the graphic arts community. Levisay is a frequent lecturer and trainer.