Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2012 9:24:07 PM PDT
Will there be a Mac version of this game?

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 9:55:43 PM PDT
Chase Hainey says:
It was originally announced that it was Mac / PC. But, there has been a severe lack of information regarding Mac info since the website info has been put up.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:03:26 AM PDT
oh please make a Mac version, too. please!

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 4:41:22 AM PDT
M. Weekley says:
I think EA will be missing a significant audience if they don't make a Mac version of the game. I know PC still dominates the desktop market but it's not as strong as it used to be. If they can make the Sims for Mac...why not Simcity?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 9:52:42 AM PDT
jchrisman14 says:
That's what I was thinking. They made the Sims 3 for Mac, why cant they carry that over to Simcity? If they dont, they will be getting a lot of angry Mac owners upset over being left out.

I really want this game!!! But if there is no Mac version, I will be very disappointed...

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 9:54:39 PM PDT
I used to play SimCity all the time on my PC but now I'm a Mac user & I want to know why they can't make this game for a Mac ~ stupid move if you ask me....

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:24:10 PM PDT
S. Erschens says:
It has been announced that this game will be released for Mac day and date with the PC version, but Amazon isn't updating their page for some reason. It'll most likely be on the same disc as other EA games have been. EA and Blizzard are usually good for Mac support for games.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:44:11 PM PST
Wert33 says:
right, it was confirmed on the German Facebook page, there is only 1 DVD, the DVD version on it will be the Windows and mac

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 1:56:37 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 6, 2013 6:37:14 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:02:46 PM PST
Jason Brown says:
If you go to the Maxis web site, you'll see that you can purchase the Mac version directly from them. I don't know why Amazon isn't offering it.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 2:40:41 PM PST
Grieger says:
FYI, the end of this article mentions they haven't forgotten about the Mac.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/11/3862298/simcitys-communities-inspired-by-previous-lonely-experiences-says

Seems they're at least not going to do it as a PC port. Not sure if there's anything special being done for the Mac version beyond just making it native and supporting OS-specific features properly (a good thing, nonetheless).

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 1:09:54 PM PST
David N. says:
According to the FAQ section on the Sim City game site, there will be a Mac version. There are also recommended specs for the Mac listed under the game as well. Strange thing is there is no place to buy the Mac version. You can preorder the PC version, but it doesn't say anything about being compatible with the Mac.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 6:28:51 AM PST
Hugginsjl says:
Maybe this is why it is "Limited Edition"... It is Windows only... -_-

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 11:49:48 AM PST
Grieger says:
Yeah, that sucks. Seems the game will be dual OS but the LE and the Digital Deluxe edition on Origin are PC-only.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 12:22:39 PM PST
Grieger says:
So apparently, there is a separate Mac version after all and it's coming "this Spring" which is funny since I sort of consider March part of Spring... :)

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-mac-faq

On the plus side, it sounds like it'll be a good experience in that they're making it native and it shouldn't be hampered in any way. Plus, you can play side-by-side with PC gamers so no platform silos.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 3:50:38 PM PST
earache says:
Did anyone notice that now Macs are included in this Limited Edition pre-order (physical media only)? Mistake on Amazon's part?

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 4:42:10 PM PST
Grieger says:
Yeah, given what the FAQ stated, it's questionable. They said "Spring" so who knows? But something tells me it's still up in the air whether it'll be a dual OS release or not. Probably need to see if it'll work over the next month (might have more issues than PC right now).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 1:01:28 AM PST
Dilbert3k says:
All the way up to a little over 7% of the market. However far fewer Mac owners are gamers so I am betting a smaller percentage of the Mac share would even buy the game.

Sorry, but if you want games on your Mac you need to make it dual boot and install Windows.

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 6:08:40 AM PST
Mike says:
EA/MAXIS just announced that SimCity 2013 will be available on the Mac soon after.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 3:17:31 PM PST
Mike says:
"Update for all our Apple Mayors -- SimCity for the Mac is releasing this spring and pre-orders will be available soon."

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 2:52:25 AM PST
Grieger says:
Yeah, it's coming out for Mac, just might take another month or so (maybe not). I suspect it's just a lower priority to the PC release (since they've got to release something). On the plus side, bear in mind they're making it native, no Mac porting business here.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 9:46:47 PM PST
I bought The Sims 3, and Spore when they were released, and they included Mac versions.
Are they saying that won't also be the case with this? Or will I still be able to download the Mac version when it is later released? Because I won't be buying it unless it includes both PC and Mac versions.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 10:43:55 PM PST
Grieger says:
Per the FAQ link I posted earlier:

"The Mac version will only be available as a digital download."

Here's the link again if you missed it: http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-mac-faq

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 7:03:04 AM PST
I spoke with a representative who said that it will be another two months before they make it available for pre-order. That's an estimate, mind you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:30:20 AM PST
Josh says:
Just contacted EA. The say you can preoder the disc version of the game and that it is a PC/MAC version. However the dowload and Deluxe edition will not work for mac. They say they are "working" on a mac version of the deluxe edition, but as of right now, there is not info. They say just wait......
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Apr 15, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
1.5 out of 5 stars   (4,097)