Questions & Answers
Apple MacBook Pro MC371LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
by Apple
4.4 out of 5 stars (105)
Used & New from: $539.99
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 questions
votes
This is an early 2010 i5 dual core with hyper-threading. It shipped with 10.6 Snow Leopard but is compatible with 10.9 Mavericks.
Jun 29, 2014 by Lava King
votes
votes
Yes, you can update it for free through applestore. I haven't because Im not sure if all the programs I use have updated. But you shouldn't have any problems with that.
Jan 7, 2015 by Gustavo Kelsch Ramos
votes
I've had this MacBook Pro since January, 2011 and it still has the original battery. Currently it can run approximately 4.5 hours on the battery with light usage such as email and web browsing. Watching videos will shorten the time considerably. This is an old model, newer ones are better.
29 days ago by Lava King
votes
Yes. I did play Minecraft with this mac. not lagged at all. You can check out the graphic card information to see if the graphic card is good enough for all your other games. I only played Minecraft on it.
Feb 27, 2015 by lei
votes
I purchased mine in 2010 so my year would probably not pertain to what you are looking to buy in 2014.
Sep 3, 2014 by R. J. Tucker
votes
If you compare the specs for each laptop you can see that overall there are a number of big improvements. The new version has the retina display, which is a great feature in my opinion. It has an Intel Core i7 processor instead of an i5 processor and has more memory (RAM). It also has a solid state drive.
Aug 11, 2014 by pmaa
votes
Yes, just make sure that you update to OSX Lion. This specific laptop may be slow,but here are the requirements Mac Systems Computer: Avid-qualified Apple computer (see details) System Software (32 or 64-bit) Mac OS X 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard) through 10.7.4 (Lion) Total System RAM: 4GB minimum, 8GB (or more) recommended
Jun 23, 2014 by Mark Goldberg
votes
My logic board went out - apparently there was a recall on 2007 apple laptops, so they replaced it completely. It was failing every time I tried to use it with a projector. The repair was free. I also had to replace the optical drive, which I had to pay for. It has been working fine since those repairs.
Apr 4, 2014 by pmaa
votes
I have been using a macbook pro (17 in.) for about four and a half years. I have had no software problems. With automatic updates, it's required no other attention on that front. One problem with the 17 in. is the batteries. I have replaced battery on mine twice in that time (through the apple store, at no cost). I understand that this problem is more or less confined to the 17 inch model. Am finally about to replace the machine as it has suffered a unreasonable amount of abuse (frequent travel to strange locations for work). There are no problems with function, despite a hard life, but it's getting a little rough. I will most likely replace with a 15 inch, which I believe is a better size if you're going to being moving it around, even if just to the couch. The 17s a little heavy. I anticipate using the 17 at home, as it's still going strong. It's still a really good machine. Also, the Office for Mac programs have worked very well for me (daily use) and are virtually identical to the windows versions. THE ONLY CAUTION: if you use any other software, be aware that a lot of companies don't make versions for mac. I have occasion to use accounting software and some other business applications, and YOU CAN'T GET THEM FOR MAC. If this is a question, check with your software manufacturer. Otherwise, I recommend Apple products wholeheartedly. Good luck!
Oct 25, 2010 by James N. Thornton
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers