2.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, but didn't last long..., April 2, 2006
Lauren (Eugene, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Macally OPTIMICRO USB Optical Programmable Mouse (Electronics)
Pros: This mouse has a great design, and I love how the casing is clear so that the red optical light shines though and brightens when the mouse is moved. The length of the cord is good; I plug it into the USB on the opposite side I use it on with my Powerbook, and there's plenty of length leftover. The size is small and portable, but still easy to use with your fingertips.

Cons: The scroll-wheel on this mouse barely lasted out of the box. It broke almost immediately, and now only works in fleeting moments, like the sensor connects for only a second and then its gone. It would be really nice to scroll through web pages and documents with the scroll-wheel, and its why I rated this mouse so poorly. I would only buy this mouse if you aren't too concerned about having the scroll part work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Macally Optimicro fails miserably, September 6, 2007
As a graphic designer with over 25 years experience creating on a Mac, I must say this has got to be the worst mouse I've had save that of the ones Mac supplies stock with their computers. And even they last longer. The Macally OptiMicro is horrible. I've gone through two in the past 5 months. I've normally been content with Macally products. But this mouse has made me decide never to buy Macally products again. Not worth the risk of having a mouse go bad during crucial deadlines.